PDA

View Full Version : Blades postponed match midweek !

Ericsladkilnhurst
15-02-2014, 11:50 AM
Blades v Brentford midweek postponed match due to water-logged pitch.
Heard blades didn't want it played, in case it was damaged for this week-ends f.a.cup match with Forest.
Told yesterday that blades turned sprinklers on the pitch to make sure it didn't go ahead.
Far more money in the coffers to be made against Forest. !

Barnsley_Miller
15-02-2014, 11:56 AM
That doesnt surprise me, Money Makes the World go round, allegedly XD

jolly_roger
15-02-2014, 12:02 PM
Seems an odd thing to do.

Surely if you had spread manure on the pitch in midweek then the grass would grow better for the weekend.

...and boy oh boy does that ground see a lot of manure

loyalmiller
15-02-2014, 12:36 PM
I heard that yesterday morning too, from a very reliable source.

Luton Town did the same to us in our promotion year because they had a few key players injured, didn't work though because we still won the re-arranged fixture 1-0!

LittleSquirt
15-02-2014, 12:46 PM
I heard they didn't want to play the Peterboro game, one reason being it was the transfer deadline and they didn't know which players would be around, so they put the sprinklers on an already soddened pitch.

I didn't get the logic as Posh were on a bad run at the time, and a poor pitch would have been a leveller for them stopping Posh passing it around. But if they've done it again, it's looking more likely there might have been some truth in it.

millmoormagic
15-02-2014, 12:57 PM
Doesn't matter how much manure is on it, grass just doesn't grow in the winter, it's growing season starts in the spring...

Barnsley_Miller
15-02-2014, 01:04 PM
Doesn't matter how much manure is on it, grass just doesn't grow in the winter, it's growing season starts in the spring...

Winter, what winter B)