PDA

View Full Version : i'm going to get abused buta??..

TMiller
17-02-2014, 11:21 AM
a??this is how i saw it on saturday.

overall we were poor and probably deserved to lose. i think it's funny how it has changed from earlier in the season when we kept battering teams at home and not getting much. now for me that is 4 or 5 games at home we have been second best in a row but we keep winning. im hoping that the performances improve with confidence and the team gelling.

and im pretty sure the performances NEED to improve cos we can't keep chasing the ball about for long periods, not keeping possession well and relying on poor finishing to save us.

some individuals i thought were brilliant: pringle, arnason, colin. others less so especially tavernier (who needs to play right back not left) and smallwood.

i would really rather see someone else in midfield rather than smallwood. i wasn't convinced by him on his debut and have watched him closely since. in the first half he hardly touched the ball and rarely made himself available which you just can't do in midfield. don'

Deepmidwinter
17-02-2014, 11:29 AM
Why on earth should anyone on this board be abused for putting forward their honest assessment? - oh, I see what you mean.

rolymiller
17-02-2014, 11:41 AM
No abuse from me TMIller think that was a very fair assessment of the game particularly as regards the strong and weaker p[ayers on Saturday..suppose you could argue about how crap we were at home last year at times yet still got up though..

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
17-02-2014, 12:28 PM
Quote from Kempo's thread to save me typing out the same thing.

Agreed Kempo, personally I'm buzzing. We have a quality squad and don't see the cracks some speak of.

I didn't think the performance was anywhere near as bad as some folk are making out, the conditions were tricky again and Stevenage are a very physical side and give us a real hard time. A real tough game and we won.

UTM! :D :D

We're not going to see the best from our players in games like these, Stevenage played well in parts and they kicked lumps out of us. They did a job on our key players and it nearly got em a point. Davis and Revell played well and had to go off because of the hard time they got and look what they did to Bradley.
As you say Pringle, Arnason and Colin were brilliant. Frecks worked as hard as always and scored the winner again not going to look his best in a games like these. Smallwood again won a tackle to win the game, I think he's

philthefluter
17-02-2014, 03:36 PM
I can`t see the attraction of playing Tavernier at left back.It unbalances the back four and their wide player, No.11 was it, was going past him for fun.
In tougher games,I would play Bradley and Skarz,as the better defensive combo.Maybe Tavs could make an impact further forward coming on later.

jolly_roger
17-02-2014, 03:52 PM
No we were poor.

We are having so many "bad days at the office" that Tony Stewart is considering giving David Brent the managers job.

C_Millers
17-02-2014, 04:47 PM
Good post.

We've been spoilt last few weeks with late goals but they can soon dry up so it's important we step things up (at home mainly) and try and wrap games up earlier on.