PDA

View Full Version : Support from the North Stand

Archiemiller
17-02-2014, 02:01 PM
In my opinion the support on saturday from the north stand was abysmal,it seems that if we arnt 2 or 3 goals up its very quiet,disorganised and not on the same wave length spring to mind,thought the team did well to win with very little encouragment,over the last weeks and months people have been comparing the current team to that of 1980 and also the Ronnie Moore double promotion teams,well i can tell you this the support from the Tivoli for them two teams was far superior than todays. S.Es request to pump up the volume seems to have fell on stony ground. For christ sake we are a comfortable 5th doing better than we all imagined so lets get behind the lads and roar them on to at least a play off place at the end of the season. U.T.M.

Heman
17-02-2014, 02:19 PM
I blame not being able to stand :-)

retsac
17-02-2014, 02:52 PM
I didn't know it was the sole responsibility of the north stand regulars to sing and encourage the team.If all stands sang and encouraged then the noise would be better.
p.s. To be honest there wasn't that much to get excited at on Saturday.

Baggie_23
17-02-2014, 03:46 PM
I think saying it was abysmal is a bit harsh but I agree is wasn't great and I also agree with the post above that it should not be the sole responsibility of a few people in the North stand to create an atmosphere. But it is funny you mention the atmosphere as I had a big discussion about it at the weekend and I have a bit of a theory.

I sit in the North Stand, Fairly near the guys who do the majority of the singing. Where I sit everyone sings and joins in but unfortunately it doesn't happen usually unless one of the 2 "main" groups start. I doubt that will change and it's not ideal as it shouldn't be the responsibility of a few to start the songs as already stated but thats how it is.
At the weekend I said to my cousin early on in the game that it seemed a really strange atmosphere and I also remembered saying that at the Crawley game to my Dad. In our time at the New York we have performed significantly better against the better teams when there has been a full house. If you look

Deepmidwinter
17-02-2014, 04:04 PM
Worst yet in my opinion. It was so quite I could hear the fat lad next door sucking the gravy from his pies

mooniemiller
17-02-2014, 05:05 PM
What about having a rave party, with a good DJ, (to wind them up),in the north concourse, one hour before kick off.Thats what they do at Feyenoord,and it works.;D :D :D :D

Miller67
17-02-2014, 05:26 PM
The majority of the chants are far too short, by the time the rest get motivated to join in, they're over. :blue:
We have to work on the ones that repeat endlessly so people can join in and drop out then back in as it goes along.
We still lack that elusive anthem, until we get a good un, we lack identity, my fav at the moment is Swansea with Land of my fathers :)

Suggestions on a postcard ;D

Deepmidwinter
17-02-2014, 05:30 PM
The majority of the chants are far too short, by the time the rest get motivated to join in, they're over. :blue:
We have to work on the ones that repeat endlessly so people can join in and drop out then back in as it goes along.
We still lack that elusive anthem, until we get a good un, we lack identity, my fav at the moment is Swansea with Land of my fathers :)

I agree. We start a really good chant when we are pressing and win a corner. But it peters out before the corner is taken and the team need the noise most.

Suggestions on a postcard ;D

mygiddypant
17-02-2014, 06:40 PM
What about having a rave party, with a good DJ, (to wind them up),in the north concourse, one hour before kick off.Thats what they do at Feyenoord,and it works.;D :D :D :D

Nice idea, but the place is empty 1 hour before k-off. If they could relay it to the local pubs it would work! :D

Mrpeace
17-02-2014, 08:57 PM
In my younger days as a Tivoli singer we always knew what songs to sing at certain points I.e.

Start of game - Bachelor Boy
When opponent keeper came to Tivoli end - wife's a slag
Corners - come on you reds
After half time - greasy chip butty
90th minute - you'll never walk alone

I agree we need a few new songs, like the 'oh when the saints' recently, it starts off really slow version just needs to carry on slow a bit longer to get more and more joining in...

But new song contender

Allez Allez oh
Allez Allez oh
R U F C
Steve's Red Army
allez allez oh
(Repeat)

As per Everton see link - view external link (http://youtu.be/aS_tWByvPCc)

millavanilla
17-02-2014, 09:30 PM
you must be young...its always happened...bottom team, hiding to nothing...no excitement...just hoping for the result...

jolly_roger
17-02-2014, 09:56 PM
The desire to sing is inversely related to IQ level, so it's primarily a North Stand activity.

CAMiller
17-02-2014, 10:14 PM
The desire to sing is inversely related to IQ level, so it's primarily a North Stand activity.

Like invading the pitch it's time singing was banned as a working class relic of the 20th century. A polite round of applause should suffice in this day and age.

shiregreenmillers
17-02-2014, 10:43 PM

Like invading the pitch it's time singing was banned as a working class relic of the 20th century. A polite round of applause should suffice in this day and age.[/quote]LIKE IT

jolly_roger
18-02-2014, 01:11 AM

Like invading the pitch it's time singing was banned as a working class relic of the 20th century. A polite round of applause should suffice in this day and age.[/quote]

Couldn't agree more ;D

ozzymiller
18-02-2014, 08:04 PM
Millerman in New York!

millyTHEmiller
18-02-2014, 09:31 PM
tivoli used to be much easier to create an atmosphere though, everyone cramped in together and on top of the pitch.i think atmospheres in the 80s and 90s were alot better than in this day and age and the factors include seating,havin to watch what your sayin etc

Deepmidwinter
18-02-2014, 09:35 PM
Why should having to watch what you say have anything to do with it?

jolly_roger
18-02-2014, 09:43 PM
Ah, those were the days.

Do you know, when I were a lad you could get a tram down into t'town, buy three new suits an' an ovvercoat, four pair o' good boots, go an' see Frank Randall at t'Palace Theatre, get blind drunk, 'ave some steak an' chips, bunch o' bananas an' three stone o' monkey nuts an' still 'ave change out of a farthing.

We'd lots o' things in them days they 'aven't got today - rickets, diptheria, standing up at Millmoor, Hitler and my, we did look well goin' to school wi' no backside in us trousers an' all us little 'eads painted purple because we 'ad ringworm.

They don't know they're born today!!!

millyTHEmiller
18-02-2014, 09:45 PM
Why should having to watch what you say have anything to do with it?
times have changed,there used to be all sorts of different songs dissing other teams and players what can now no longer be sung or people dont want to join in if they are sung