PDA

View Full Version : Quote from Motherwell AGM yesterday

Sir_Walter_Timslayer
18-02-2014, 06:55 PM
Stuart McCall

"At times we are unable to compete in the marketplace with some non-league clubs in England."

One of the clubs in the tallest pygmy in the jungle playoff race and they can't compete with non-league clubs in England.

Aye it's just fair boooooooooomin so it is.

DeezAreGood
18-02-2014, 06:57 PM
Most clubs want to avoid getting into debt. I realise this Rangers is no different to the old one, and will go bust soon, but that's not how everyone else wants to operate these days.

CB_1874
18-02-2014, 07:01 PM
When Rangers were in the league Motherwell thought nothing of spending 5 million on a player.

Those were the days. :blue:

happytim
18-02-2014, 07:01 PM
at least clubs up here have learned a lot from the last 2 years.

some clubs might not win much but at least they exist and have thier dignity.

and only spend what they can afford, and not spend everyone elses money that they canny afford.

steviex
18-02-2014, 07:02 PM
Stuart McCall

"At times we are unable to compete in the marketplace with some non-league clubs in England."

One of the clubs in the tallest pygmy in the jungle playoff race and they can't compete with non-league clubs in England.

Yeah its murder when you think their spending power was off the scale when Rangers were in the top league... that will explain how they couldn't compete with non league teams 4 years ago.

Cant wait til the reincarnation of the Rangers are back. Think Messi might end up on Motherwells shopping list.

happytim
18-02-2014, 07:04 PM
messis feked up 3 passes already tonight.

not difficult to see why barcas type of football hasnt worked in the knockout stages of the cl in the last 2 seasons.

bayerns style does work better, theres a reason for that.

govanderryboy
18-02-2014, 07:06 PM
Best thing that will happen when we come back will be we you can keep all your tickets cause we only do home games.
So yes we look forward.B)

CB_1874
18-02-2014, 07:09 PM
Best thing that will happen when we come back will be we you can keep all your tickets cause we only do home games.

You better tell Woly and Brother Al. They are planning a sing song in the Roseburn. XD

steviex
18-02-2014, 07:09 PM

Oh fpuck surely no another bears threatened boycott ... who gives a fpuck. Maybe those 5 teams who would be in administration by Christmas following your implosion might though.

grubber83
18-02-2014, 07:11 PM

Sorry to break it to you phanny baws but no c*nt wants you back at our grounds (apart from your green half of course) so you crack on.

budgeover
18-02-2014, 07:12 PM

You better tell Woly and Brother Al. They are planning a sing song in the Roseburn. XD[/quote]

Might do the Roseburn for the Hearts Sheep game :P :O ;)

CB_1874
18-02-2014, 07:13 PM

You better tell Woly and Brother Al. They are planning a sing song in the Roseburn. XD[/quote]

Might do the Roseburn for the Hearts Sheep game :P :O ;)[/quote]

:O

bluek
18-02-2014, 07:15 PM
When Rangers were in the league Motherwell thought nothing of spending 5 million on a player.

That's not what he's saying though is it?

The top of the game is suffering financially because Rangers aren't there. No crowd increase and no league sponsor - therefore not booming.

budgeover
18-02-2014, 07:16 PM

Bo Hoo Rangers got punished and its everyone elses faulty wouldny give a f vk about Tynie having no Gers fans at home same with the other cheek so f v k off

CB_1874
18-02-2014, 07:16 PM

The top of the game is suffering financially because Rangers aren't there. No crowd increase and no league sponsor - therefore not booming.[/quote]

Hearts crowds are up. :?

budgeover
18-02-2014, 07:19 PM

Might do the Roseburn for the Hearts Sheep game :P :O ;)[/quote]

Gid pal at work is a sheep he's accompanied me before in our end may return the favour ;D

:O[/quote]

grubber83
18-02-2014, 07:20 PM

The top of the game is suffering financially because Rangers aren't there. No crowd increase and no league sponsor - therefore not booming.[/quote]

Motherwell are as bad as oldco were, they lived outwith their means for years it's a bout time they reeled it in. The wee ginger tossers just ****ed off because his team of thugs aren't quite cutting it. "Here Stuart, here's a novel idea to earn some extra cash, try not getting papped oot cups by diddies like Albion & sevco"

bluek
18-02-2014, 07:21 PM

Hearts crowds are up. :?[/quote]

And Aberdeen's presumably

Sir_Walter_Timslayer
18-02-2014, 07:25 PM
Stuart McCall

Yeah its murder when you think their spending power was off the scale when Rangers were in the top league... that will explain how they couldn't compete with non league teams 4 years ago.

[/quote]

Er, your memory isn't as long as mine. Goram? Spence? Nevin? Off the scale it was. So far of the scale it let to er... what you call it again ... er ... administration :O

CB_1874
18-02-2014, 07:27 PM

And Aberdeen's presumably[/quote]

Dholly's crowds don't concern me, I'm only interested in my team. Maybe Rangers fans should do the same.

bluek
18-02-2014, 07:30 PM

Dholly's crowds don't concern me, I'm only interested in my team. Maybe Rangers fans should do the same.[/quote]

Fair enough aj but again, I think the OP was in response to "the games booming without Rangers" pish that was a theme on here for a while :)

grubber83
18-02-2014, 07:31 PM

Dholly's crowds don't concern me, I'm only interested in my team. Maybe Rangers fans should do the same.[/quote]

They can't they're consumed by the spfl, even though they don't want to travel to any away grounds to watch it. >:)

DeezAreGood
18-02-2014, 07:31 PM
Motherwell lost 500k the season Rangers liquidated, when they were in the SPL, ken.

how is that possible XD

happytim
18-02-2014, 07:32 PM
the game is clean in the spfl which it hadnt been for years, so in a way its booming.

the most important thing in any sport is for any competitor not to break the rules.

CB_1874
18-02-2014, 07:33 PM

Fair enough aj but again, I think the OP was in response to "the games booming without Rangers" pish that was a theme on here for a while :)[/quote]

If you're referring to Sell Out Saturday it was nothing to do with Hearts,

steviex
18-02-2014, 08:19 PM
Stuart McCall

[/quote]

Er, your memory isn't as long as mine. Goram? Spence? Nevin? Off the scale it was. So far of the scale it let to er... what you call it again ... er ... administration :O[/quote]

Their spending was off the scale because their chairman funded it. Since that stopped Motherwells abilities in the transfer market haven't been up to much before Rangers went

Lord_HawHaw
18-02-2014, 08:37 PM
Motherwell lost 500k the season Rangers liquidated, when they were in the SPL, ken.

how is that possible XD

mair timmy lies >:(

in the halcyon days when the buns were in the top league all the clubs profited from the rangers pound and we never had it so good :blue:

AGulfInClass
18-02-2014, 08:58 PM
when we come back

When we come back? How is that possible?

AGulfInClass
18-02-2014, 09:01 PM
what you call it again ... er ... administration :O

Surely Motherwell didn't ever go into administration, just their parent company, aye?

RedStarTorphins
18-02-2014, 10:56 PM
The irony of a h*n ridiculing ANY club for looking after their finances is f*cking laughable beyond belief XD XD XD
Just die you odious horrible club...again >:)

Roll on 27 Feb...tick tock...

Archiebaird
19-02-2014, 07:49 AM

Bo Hoo Rangers got punished and its everyone elses faulty wouldny give a f vk about Tynie having no Gers fans at home same with the other cheek so f v k off[/quote]

:D :D

B)

CoveKreep
19-02-2014, 02:43 PM
Place Motherwell in the English Conference and compare the size of populations, therefore fanbases, of the other clubs.

Also, there may be some glory hu_nters in these towns, but I guarantee it won't be the same numbers as leave for Celtic used to leave for the former rangers up here.

Barnet Location: Barnet (London Borough) Popn: 357,500
Welling United Location: Bexley (London Borough) Popn: 232,800
Luton Town Location: Luton Popn: 179,000
Grimsby Town Location: Grimsby & Cleethorpes Popn: 122,000
Cambridge United Location: Cambridge Popn: 99,500
FC Halifax Town Location: Halifax Popn: 94,000
Southport Location: Southport Popn: 92,500
Gateshead Location: Gateshead Popn: 81,300
Lincoln City Location: Lincoln Popn: 81,000
Chester Location: Chester Popn: 80,800
Tamworth Location: Tamworth Popn: 70,800
Nuneaton Town Location: Nuneaton Popn: 69,600