PDA

View Full Version : Derby move above QPR

IanMcL
19-02-2014, 12:32 AM
Another 1-0 at Sheff wed sees Derby leapfrog the tumbling QPR.

Very important that we take three points on Saturday.

AtheistDingle
19-02-2014, 12:39 AM
The target for the season was to avoid relegation and I commend Sean Dyche in achieving that, but I feel that if we are to progress as a club that now is the right time to bring in a new manager as I feel Dyche has taken us as far as he can.

leedsdave
19-02-2014, 01:09 AM
I don't think you'll reel many in with that one AD! ;D

Not me anyway. Good cast though.

Ian, I think it's equally important that Forrest don't get 3 points tomorrow night. I see them as a bigger threat to us than Derby.

ClaretMoffitt
19-02-2014, 05:47 AM
Poor attempt there, AD.

I expected better from you..

jojomk1
19-02-2014, 06:20 AM
Of all the top sides Derby have the easiest fixtures to the end of the season
It certainly is a 6 pointer when they come to the Turf

mdd2
19-02-2014, 06:26 AM
Wigan seem to have turned a corner now averaging 2 points/game in last 12 after 3 defeats on the bounce. Could have a big say in the play off positions.

buxtonclaret
19-02-2014, 06:57 AM
Not only have a big say, mdd2.
Think Wigan are the team that always seems to come up late on the rails this year.
Can see them comfortably in the play offs.
It'll cast another bit of a shadow on the horse that bolted too.
:)

Jamb0MackemClaret
19-02-2014, 08:23 AM
Bamford has been one of the signings of the season. Made a big difference at Derby.

1989_claret
19-02-2014, 08:40 AM
The next two games will define our season. Win them both and second is ours to lose but drop points and we'll be chasing again.

harrowclaret
19-02-2014, 08:54 AM
Derby do seem to have the easier run home playing many of the sides in the bottom half of the table and have already played Wigan twice. On the day that we host Wigan Derby host Barnsley.

They also used the transfer market brilliantly bringing in a match winner like Bamford.

Claretforever
19-02-2014, 08:56 AM
Totally agree. I know we all want to see us beat Blackburn but the next two matches at home are huge. As 1989 says, beat both Forest and Derby and it might be difficult to shift us from 2nd spot. Lose 1 or 2 and, with Blackburn and Leeds coming up it might be difficult to get it back if we've lost a bit of confidence, especially with our run in.

the_quoon
19-02-2014, 09:10 AM
the next two games won't define anything.

still plenty of football to be played yet.

fatboy47
19-02-2014, 09:36 AM
This pointless agonising over other teams' results will go on and on.

We're second...the season's outcome is in our hands...promotion can be achieved if we get the right results, regardless of what anyone else does.

sheffieldturfite
19-02-2014, 09:37 AM
More a case of McLaren using his many contacts well, but I have faith in his capitulation after what we saw at the Turf with Forest. The second place will be awarded to the side that holds their nerve best in the last 10 games and that means a side with both a good team spirit and experience of promotion - that's us.

ecc
19-02-2014, 01:01 PM
They ragged it last night. I think they mustered two shots on target. Wisdom and Bamford look like good "signings". Difficult to know though. Lingard scored four in his first game on loan at Birmingham and then just two in the next 12.

We can't complain too much though: QPR lost at home on Sunday. A draw last night would have been great but that's the way it goes.

DorsetDave
19-02-2014, 01:48 PM
Hopefully this could now be the end of the Derby revival, which has been very impressive tbh.
Charlton v QPR and Derby v Bournemouth coming up this Saturday so fingers crossed Charlton and Bournemouth get the result.
Providing of course that we beat Forrest.

IanMcL
19-02-2014, 03:26 PM
It's a long way to Tipperary.

My heart's right there.

Come on you Clarets.