PDA

View Full Version : Season Ticket Price Increase Poll

corred
20-02-2014, 01:38 PM
Given the possibility of a price increase if the were not changed...which of these scenarios would you still buy a season ticket ?

1 Hull Tigers - no price increase

2 Hull City Tigers - no price increase

3 Hull City AFC - 50% price increase

Personally while in the Premiership for me it's none of the above ... but in the CCC I would possibly accept No2 as Ii don't really care about AFC

killercbrn
20-02-2014, 02:52 PM
All three, its not about the its about supporting my team, I would have to cut down on the ammount of beer I drink pre match, but I would find the money to pay, however, there will not be a 50% price hike irrespective of what happens, but I do believe there will be a slight increase anyway, whether the is changed or not.

"From the article"

The average price for the most expensive adult season ticket in the Premier League actually fell by 1.6 per cent this season a?? from A?546.30 in 2012 to A?537.60 in 2013. Arsenal have the most expensive season ticket in the Premier League at A?1,995. Currently, Citya??s most expensive adult season ticket is A?490 in the West Stand.

So to be fair we still paying below average prices.

corred
20-02-2014, 04:07 PM
All three, its not about the its about supporting my team, I would have to cut down on the ammount of beer I drink pre match, but I would find the money to pay, however, there will not be a 50% price hike irrespective of what happens, but I do believe there will be a slight increase anyway, whether the is changed or not.

"From the article"

The average price for the most expensive adult season ticket in the Premier League actually fell by 1.6 per cent this season a?? from A?546.30 in 2012 to A?537.60 in 2013. Arsenal have the most expensive season ticket in the Premier League at A?1,995. Currently, Citya??s most expensive adult season ticket is A?490 in the West Stand.

So to be fair we still paying below average prices.

But 735 would put City way above average

For me Hull Tigers would not be my team...it would simply be some franchise playing in Hull (for now)

JoePublic
20-02-2014, 04:51 PM
Hull City AFC

but would compromise with Hull City Tigers without too much disgruntlement.

So long as we have "CITY"

Cool
21-02-2014, 01:58 PM
We can call the team anything we like.

DrypoolDen
21-02-2014, 03:44 PM
How about anyone agreeing to Hull Tigers getting a 50% reduction on this season's ST price? B)

JoePublic
21-02-2014, 04:49 PM
How about anyone agreeing to Hull Tigers getting a 50% reduction on this season's ST price? B)

And maybe Poundstretcher could sponser the stadium.

I think true fans who have any emotional stake in Hull City wouldn't agree to Hull Tigers even if they were offered free

corred
21-02-2014, 05:31 PM
And maybe Poundstretcher could sponsor the stadium.

I think true fans who have any emotional stake in Hull City wouldn't agree to Hull Tigers even if they were offered free

Excellent comment & I agree completely

westupperfamily
21-02-2014, 06:19 PM
I struggle to afford it now. 3 passes and the fuel cost. Stepson won't be cheap anymore due to his age so already looking at more outlay without any price increase.

mmmmmmm... :s

southbankirregular
21-02-2014, 06:27 PM
If it comes to it, the number of people who don't renew because of the change I reckon will not reach three figures.

JoePublic
21-02-2014, 07:28 PM
If it comes to it, the number of people who don't renew because of the change I reckon will not reach three figures.

From the way things are shaping up, even if Allam gets his "Hull Tigers" It looks like he will start to hike prices anyway to speed up his "Gift" back with interest so if you add obstinance to financially out of reach we will most likely see 4 figures who dont/cant renew.

Than of course if City get relegated we will lose the premiership tourists and be back down to about 12 to 15K per game.

I really juist can't see why Allam didn't wait until July and propose his "strategy" in an open forum to avoid all this pointless unrest.

He could have still brokered deals in private well before announcing his efforts

Still...That's experienced football club owners for you.

southbankirregular
22-02-2014, 08:12 AM

I think true fans who have any emotional stake in Hull City wouldn't agree to Hull Tigers even if they were offered free[/quote]

I've always had respect for your opinions Joe, but, after this comment, I think you are a w*a*n*k*e*r*. I've supported the club for over 50 years, a season ticket holder for 35 of those years. I've been all over the country to watch them, and now you are suggesting that I'm not a true fan with an emotional stake in the club, just because I'm prepare to accept the Hull Tigers (even if I don't actually like it).

Shame on you.

westupperfamily
22-02-2014, 08:19 AM

I think true fans who have any emotional stake in Hull City wouldn't agree to Hull Tigers even if they were offered free[/quote]

I've always had respect for your opinions Joe, but, after this comment, I think you are a w*a*n*k*e*r*. I've supported the club for over 50 years, a season ticket holder for 35 of those years. I've been all over the country to watch them, and now you are suggesting that I'm not a true fan with an emotional stake in the club, just because I'm prepare to accept the Hull Tigers (even if I don't actually like it).

Shame on you.[/quote]

Another budding relationship bites the dust before it could blossom into something beautiful and meaningful. If only w

heidibuze
22-02-2014, 09:05 AM
Given the possibility of a price increase if the were not changed...which of these scenarios would you still buy a season ticket ?

1 Hull Tigers - no price increase

2 Hull City Tigers - no price increase

3 Hull City AFC - 50% price increase

Personally while in the Premiership for me it's none of the above ... but in the CCC I would possibly accept No2 as Ii don't really care about AFC

Option 1: I'd give it a go with the option of changing back if it doesn't generate the predicted interest in inward investment.

Option 2 Prefer it to 1 but I'd try to work with either.

Option 3 I am retired and couldn't afford to watch my team.

ancienttiger
22-02-2014, 04:19 PM
50% price increase on my already cheap seniors season ticket will cost me an extra A?120 or so - to be honest an irrelevance compared to the cost of petrol to get over to Hull

TiDa
22-02-2014, 04:24 PM
Regardless of my opinion on the change, I could not afford a 50% increase and travel every match. I think Allam knows the majority would struggle with it and he would lose money if he did this, nothing more than a poor ploy to get his way.

ancienttiger
22-02-2014, 04:28 PM

Shame on you.[/quote]
Exactly southbank - these people who take the moral high ground seem to assume that all but a few agree with them. I app

southbankirregular
22-02-2014, 06:51 PM

Shame on you.[/quote]
Exactly southbank - these people who take the moral high ground seem t

TwoWrights2
23-02-2014, 04:42 PM
'Thanks Ancient, I'm just having a break'

Oh the delicious irony. As for two six hour journeys each way, I suggest getting out of third gear. All the best from A. W*****! :D

The views expressed in my posts are not necessarily mine.

corred
23-02-2014, 08:59 PM

Oh the delicious irony. As for two six hour journeys each way, I suggest getting out of third gear. All the best from A. W*****! :D

Last time I drove to Brighton it took me just over 4 hours...I can drive to Truro in under 6 hours

TwoWrights2
23-02-2014, 09:28 PM

How very odd, I used a 4 to represent the A in the word that the mod has seen fit to amend, yet the full version is still to be seen in SBI's post. :)

JoePublic
23-02-2014, 09:51 PM

Shame on you.[/quote]

Just got back from making a weekend of it and and have just seen these comments for the first time.

Maybe I didn't mak

Hull_Admin
23-02-2014, 11:51 PM

How very odd, I used a 4 to represent the A in the word that the mod has seen fit to amend, yet the full version is still to be seen in SBI's post. :)

The views expressed in my posts are not necessarily mine.[/quote]

Maybe why SBI is serving a suspension and you are not

nightswimmer
24-02-2014, 06:03 AM

The views expressed in my posts are not necessarily mine.[/quote]

Maybe why SBI is serving a suspension and you are not[/quote]
Ah ok so if a poster actually puts the full word he gets a ban but if another poster cleverly alters one letter, even though you can still read what it says he gets let off mmmm
what a load of shot >;)

nightswimmer
24-02-2014, 06:12 AM
Oh yes and just to give my reply to the original.

I am unhappy about the proposed change, have bought the badge,held the card up, signed the flag and sung city till we die.

no matter what we are called i will support MY team in whatever division whatever they are called, it is out of our hands and we just need to see what the FA do.
but whatever the outcome of the decision i will still buy my season pass and watch the team i have watched for 50 years as walking away will just play into the hands of mr allam who will find a way of twisting a mass exodus of fans to his advantage.

Hull_Admin
24-02-2014, 12:51 PM
Ah ok so if a poster actually puts the full word he gets a ban but if another poster cleverly alters one letter, even though you can still read what it says he gets let off mmmm
what a load of shot >;)

No,SBI got suspended for bypassing the swear filter & using it as a personal insult toward another user, otherwise his post would have also simply been edited.

Personal attacks & insults will not be accepted on this messageboard

southbankirregular
24-02-2014, 01:56 PM
I'm really annoyed now...I've been suspended and didn't even realise it!!!!!!!

southbankirregular
24-02-2014, 02:04 PM

Last time I drove to Brighton it took me just over 4 hours...I can drive to Truro in under 6 hours[/quote]

Best I've done is four hours 15. I went via Maidstone both ways to pick up and drop off an exiled supporter, which is why it took six this time.

Cardiff, to be fair took nearer five each way, although we did stop for a good breakfast on the way down.

corred
24-02-2014, 04:00 PM
I'm really annoyed now...I've been suspended and didn't even realise it!!!!!!!

Problem is that Admin does and they will only allow a 7 day suspension now before a ban :-(