PDA

View Full Version : When we signed Sam Vokes permanently, I said...

claptrappers_union
22-02-2014, 08:22 PM
'Meh'.

Shows what I know

Pieandapint
22-02-2014, 09:46 PM
Have to hold my hands up and say me too!

He's just getting better and better... Wins more than his share in the air, holds it up well, picks good long and short passes, his touch has improved massively and add to that the goals!

A lot of credit must go to Dyche and the coaching staff because he's not the only player who is improving all the time. Trippier was fantastic before but this season, even better still... For a small bloke he doesn't half gain some height to win plenty of headers which was an area of his game that needed improving.

While I'm admitting errors of judgement, what about Arfield! He's done far more than I ever expected he would or could. A few less effective games recently but back on it today.

ColdPieWarmBeer
22-02-2014, 09:52 PM
I don't think even the most optimistic of Burnley fans would have envisioned him netting 20 this season (he's clearly going to get at least 20). Absolutely out of this world today.

claptrappers_union
22-02-2014, 10:12 PM
Vokes, to be fair though, has vastly improved since he was on loan with us. I was disappointed in him that for a big bloke he did didn't really use it to his advantage and he didn't get as involved in the game as he should've done.

He certainly does now.

Dressinggown
22-02-2014, 10:21 PM
I threatened that if Vokes got into double figures this season I would show my derrier in the window of a major retailer in the town centre.

Luckily we have no major retailers in the town centre.

lotty1
22-02-2014, 10:29 PM
He needed regular starts to improve - he's getting regular starts and he's improved . A manager who believes in him also . Some forgot he was/is still young and coming off the bench every game doesn't/didn't help any player .

stevie_thunder
22-02-2014, 10:40 PM
Who was it who actually said on here "less mobile than Iwelumo"?

IanMcL
22-02-2014, 10:45 PM
Pound shop Dressinggown?

100PERCENTCLARET
22-02-2014, 10:54 PM
He's always had the ability, that's why he got the big move to Wolves.

He's now got that motivation back because he's at a club that he can call home and has a manager that believes in him.

Tenbellies
22-02-2014, 11:20 PM
I had a conversation pre season with a Claret from Galgate. I said Vokes would get 15 goals and was dismissed by said fan.

I reasoned all he needed was a run in the team. He was excellent at Millwall last season with a great work rate.

I'm feeling rather smug even though I have slightly underestimated. ;D

Dressinggown
22-02-2014, 11:22 PM
IanMcL:

I arrived early in town to do a bit of 'Retail Therapy' in the new and much vaunted Oval Centre.

Little did I know that I would be centre stage of an Air Ambulance documentary as they fished me out of the Calder behind the Town Mouse.

For some reason I must have missed Debenhams before I went arse over tit into the rapids.

HunterST_BFC
22-02-2014, 11:32 PM
Mr Dressinggown post number 5

XD XD XD

5 likes from me!