PDA

View Full Version : Question for the Carlisle travellers

one_a_day
23-02-2014, 07:36 AM
I followed the match on Twitter and it sounded as though we battered them and missed chance after chance. I then watch the football league show to see Carlisles manager state that they were the better side.

Did Carlisle play better than us?

Boris84
23-02-2014, 08:20 AM
First half we battered them and missed chance after chance.

Second half they were better, we were worse, and there wasn't much in it.

They were maybe the better side second half, but we should've been out of sight by half time.

filipefelop
23-02-2014, 09:34 AM
They had a bit more possession second half without managing one meaningful shot on target. We deserved the win and could have won comfortably. Kavanagh is talking rubbish.

zone3
23-02-2014, 09:55 AM
I followed the match on Twitter and it sounded as though we battered them and missed chance after chance. I then watch the football league show to see Carlisles manager state that they were the better side.

Did Carlisle play better than us?

Tbf mate he stated 'in the second half we were the better side' which they were so he was right, altho as mentioned if Wes Thomas took his chances we would've been out of sight by half time

millertop
23-02-2014, 09:57 AM
Should have been out of sight first half.
Over all we were the better side

DavidEdinburgh
23-02-2014, 10:23 AM
They had a bit more possession second half without managing one meaningful shot on target. We deserved the win and could have won comfortably. Kavanagh is talking rubbish.

Spot on... listened to their manager on radio Cumbria on drive back - he was a bit more honest in the full interview, and their radio commentators stating we were all over them in first half, they did not deserve to be in the game at half time and only managed 2, maybe 3 other chances in the whole game, we missed about 6 decent chances. 1-5 would have better reflected the game. Because we scored so late, they were obviously very disappointed not to get a point. Credit for their goal though, we'd be proud of that over head kick.. a Fully Deserved Millers win... and 688 of us there!

ZIPPY64
23-02-2014, 10:36 AM

Spot on... listened to their manager on radio Cumbria on drive back - he was a bit more honest in the full interview, and their radio commentators stating we were all over them in first half, they did not deserve to be in the game at half time and only managed 2, maybe 3 other chances in the whole game, we missed about 6 decent chances. 1-5 would have better reflected the game. Because we scored so late, they were obviously very disappointed not to get a point. Credit for their goal though, we'd be proud of that over head kick.. a Fully Deserved Millers win... and 688 of us there![/quote]

We had that interview on as well David, and were howling as Kavanagh also blamed the wind and the lack of protection fr

mikemiller
23-02-2014, 10:54 AM
Have a look at the match report statistics on the BBC football website - Millers had more possession, more shots at goal. more shots on target etc

monkfish67
23-02-2014, 12:22 PM
If it was 5-1 to us at half time there would have been no complaints from the Carlisle lot. I only remember them really having 2 attacks first half and they scored from one (the other shot wide). The second half was more even and yet I can't recall Collin having to make a proper save as such and we missed another couple of half chances.
We fully deserved the 3 points and I think Kavanagh was probably speaking from the disappointment of conceding a late goal to deny his team an(undeserved) point.

On another point I thought the support from the Millers' fans was superb.

UTM

deano_83
23-02-2014, 12:39 PM
Coverage again from FLS was a joke, Andy Giddings even said Thomas was on loan here when he's our own player. They never showed any of our first half chances or their keepers brilliant save from Pringle's long range shot.

To clarify, we battered Carlisle and it could have been 6 at half time.

We also had 2 clear penalties second half in my view that weren't given.