PDA

View Full Version : Jones genius no fluke

stalbansclaret
03-03-2014, 04:07 PM
In case anyone thinks his wonder goal on Saturday was a freakish moment here's a reminder that it wasn't.

I do keep wondering how on earth we managed to sign Jones and Arfield with no fee, or rather how their previous employers could have released them. Two great players in our brilliant team. - view external link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChcJUBH_GPU)

fungus_the_bogeyman
03-03-2014, 04:15 PM
Totally agree. This guy is a cut above, but I think most of us expected him to be an excellent signing when we picked him up.

As for Arfield, find of the season in the Championship - no doubt. Never a regular at Hudds, expected to drift off the map and now an absolutely ***** cog in a team fighting for promotion. Can't say enough good things about him; he's been different class.

BFCmaj
03-03-2014, 05:10 PM
I hope the idiot sat behind me on Saturday is reading this. He was giving Jones grief all the way through the first half right up to when he scored. I thought he had a great game on Saturday.

minniemouth
03-03-2014, 05:43 PM
Great goals.
What is obvious is he scores so few he's not sure how to celebrate.
He can get some more practice in on Sunday for me.

BelialofBacup
03-03-2014, 06:15 PM
Jones was my pick for best player saturday

slidingtackle
03-03-2014, 06:21 PM
Hadn't realised he had played in Spain...XD XD

IanMcL
03-03-2014, 06:23 PM
He is so skilful and buys the time in midfield. Your mates a narna!

Boliclaret
03-03-2014, 07:18 PM
The spin and dip he got was perfect. Grant is 6ft+ but couldn't reach it and I don't think many goalies would. It was just one of those.

It could be argued that he got lucky with the spinning shot but the control and technique he showed from Ings flick earned him that.

A technically superb goal from a technically gifted player.

mansfieldCLARETS
03-03-2014, 08:15 PM
hes in this nice little sky sports goals video :D - view external link (http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/9195007/goals!-3rd-march)

slidingtackle
03-03-2014, 08:21 PM
Exalted company but justifiably right up there.

Liked the first goal where the onrushing forward tries to batter the rebound back into the net after the goal in celebration - but only succeeds in hitting the bar!! :D

Subbuteo07
04-03-2014, 07:11 AM
Needs to do it more often!

If he could chip in with 3 or 4 more goals then that would be fantastic.

Possibly our most influential midfielder, not by what he does, but where he is on the pitch. A player who is always available to receive a pass and move it on.

Great acquisition.