PDA

View Full Version : Jordan Rhodes on loan to Burnley for the rest of the season

head_chef
19-03-2014, 08:41 AM
worth a cheeky bid, he might as well he's got nothing else to play for this season ;D

Also a big thank you to Blackburn rovers in helping us gain promotion this season with the 4 points we took from them and for Leon best scoring for sheff wed last night whilst on loan from Blackburn, you are a :star: of a club.

TERNENT
19-03-2014, 08:46 AM
I'd buy him and leave him to rot in the reserves.

Glass3QtsEmpty
19-03-2014, 10:01 AM
Might not be a bad signing for next season in the Prem. If we could get him for around 3 million, get Dyche to work his magic on him to get him up to fitness, we would have decent player on our hands.

CasaDeClaret
19-03-2014, 10:16 AM
Bet he's on more than Sam and Danny combined.

mgill87
19-03-2014, 10:19 AM
He'll be on a ridiculous wage. I'd love it if we signed Ross McCormack.

braindead
19-03-2014, 10:20 AM
Rhodes is rumoured to be on just the 35k a week at Trampburn.

CasaDeClaret
19-03-2014, 10:28 AM
So more like Danny, Sam, Scott, Ashley, Jason and Dean combined haha?
Utterly ridiculous for a tier 2 player.

I'd prefer McCormack, in addition to the fact that his goal-scoring ability outranks anyone else in the league, he's probably on far less than Rhodes too.
Seems like a decent bloke and deserves a crack at the Prem. Why not with us?

Peter_Nobles_Wig
19-03-2014, 10:31 AM
McCormack or Rhodes would not want to come and "warm our bench" so I think neither are likely.

LancasterClaret
19-03-2014, 10:34 AM
Obviously Rhodes is a non-starter, but we can offer a loan now, buy later and a chance to play in the premier league to players.

That gives us a lot of clout

mgill87
19-03-2014, 10:36 AM
"McCormack or Rhodes would not want to come and "warm our bench" so I think neither are likely."

I think if either was given the chance to join us in the Premier League they'd give it some consideration.

I cannot understand this idea that players are going to look at our squad and just assume they'll not play - how on earth do we improve our squad then?

Surely having a strong squad with people competing for places is a good thing. If a player has confidence in their ability it shouldn't be a problem.

nil_desperandum
19-03-2014, 10:42 AM
" he's got nothing else to play for this season"
I really hope that that isn't true.
they have Leicester, QPR and Wigan all at home. (Wigan on May 3rd, which could be a crucial decider).
I don't usually want that lot to win, but I'm making exceptions this time.

CasaDeClaret
19-03-2014, 10:45 AM
8 or 9 points off with 30 to play for.
They're definitely not out of the playoff race that's for sure.
Hopefully they'll grant us a couple favours.

braindead
19-03-2014, 10:50 AM
I for one am hoping that the horse-lovers gain three points on Saturday against Leicester.

Peter_Nobles_Wig
19-03-2014, 11:03 AM
"I for one am hoping that the horse-lovers gain three points on Saturday against Leicester"

I wud luv it!

But can't see it happening given their displays against Bolton, us and Bournemouth!