PDA

View Full Version : Tripper has got a tight hamstring

theclaret57
20-03-2014, 08:07 AM
A wait and see situation for Saturdays game according to Chris Boden.

It's all falling apart! ;)

Edit - Trippier

Goody1975
20-03-2014, 08:09 AM
He had a tight hamstring after 40 minutes last Saturday, so don't panic just yet, it depends on how it's reacted to treatment this week.

minniemouth
20-03-2014, 08:30 AM
possibly the reason Chris Baird is in town?

Jamb0MackemClaret
20-03-2014, 08:31 AM
Trippier often seems to pick various knocks up during games. Doesn't usually bother him. I expect he'll play unless he really can't, especially since we don't really have a replacement.

IanMcL
20-03-2014, 09:25 AM
Two wheels on my wagon and I'm still rolling along.

jt_claret
20-03-2014, 09:33 AM
Interesting... Basically, on Saturday there's a good chance we will be playing the team that we would have next season if we didn't go up (or sign anyone, but you know what I'm getting at).

Based on that though, why worry. Unless you want to go into a full blown panic

The Bedlington Terrier
20-03-2014, 10:28 AM
Two Aspirin and he will be reet!

sabdenclaret
20-03-2014, 01:14 PM
It's nothing too serious but he won't be playing saturday (definate) and tuesday (probable)!
We have done well to get so deep into the season without any serious injuries and the next two games, although by no means easy, are two you would choose for your best two players to miss!

AndyattheTurf
20-03-2014, 01:53 PM
On FIFA, it is nearly impossible to injure Trippier.
I believe FIFA is accurate in this.

Rileybobs
20-03-2014, 02:12 PM
'It's nothing too serious but he won't be playing saturday (definate) and tuesday (probable)!'

How do you know this please?

sabdenclaret
20-03-2014, 02:19 PM
That's what I have been told, and it will be true (unless he miraculously recovers)!
We're hoping to have two loan players in before the weekend!

theclaret57
20-03-2014, 02:25 PM
"That's what I have been told"

By whom?

arise_sir_charge
20-03-2014, 02:25 PM
Oh so your bin mans, brother's, hairdressers, cousin's, uncles, chimney sweep has told you then? Must be true.

Rileybobs
20-03-2014, 02:36 PM
'That's what I have been told, and it will be true (unless he miraculously recovers)!'

I don't have any reason to think you're making it up but technically I could now say that somebody (sabdenclaret) has told me he's definitely out. It doesn't mean my statement carries any weight.

sabdenclaret
20-03-2014, 09:55 PM
Without trying to be elusive, i cannots but the person is very well connected to BFC, speaks regularly with coaching staff and management and i wouldn't have brought this up as news earlier cos he asked me not to until the news came out!
I understand that people are on here all the time with rumours and bull**** and info from their neighbours sisters hairdressers dog, etc and that's fine!
Previous info regarding injuries, team news or transfers has always been spot on - and that goes back to stan's days, cotterill's and howe's (less so laws and coyle)!
I don't post that often, certainly not just to make stuff up and cause mischief - so lets wait and see, eh? I hope he's wrong, but i know he isn't sadly!
And i accept none of these comments carry any weight - regardless of their accuracy! I simply wanted to pass on what i knew of the topic under discussion!

theclaret57
20-03-2014, 10:17 PM
If what you say is true Sabdenclaret then this person who is well connected isn't doing the club any favours by leaking information which needs to be kept private. If it is true then hopefully he gets found out,d and shamed and is driven out of the club as he obviously want us to fail.

Out of interest why would he tell you?

taio
20-03-2014, 10:28 PM
Nice overreaction.

bfcwest
21-03-2014, 06:04 AM
shouldn't the reaction also involve keys being thrown away and some locking up, but in a different order?

We have just given all the intelligence Charlton needed to ensure we get a beating tomorrow, shame on you.

ralphpom
21-03-2014, 06:19 AM
Why drip stuff like this on to the forum ? .. A close relative of mine works for the club as a physio - I ask him nothing about individual players - not that he would tell me anyway and neither should he - Why speculate ?

summitclaret
21-03-2014, 06:32 AM
I am hoping it was all a cover to get Baird to sign on. Could be that the real need was to get cover for midfield?

If not then, I feel some 1 0 wins coming to us of course.

JohnMcGreal
21-03-2014, 07:28 AM
If it is true then hopefully he gets found out,d and shamed and is driven out of the club as he obviously want us to fail.

Wow.

MDWat
21-03-2014, 07:39 AM
Hahaha.

beddie
21-03-2014, 07:54 AM
The way they manage injuries today I am hopeful he will be playing.

Claretforever
21-03-2014, 08:25 AM
You can just imagine Charlton's management:

"Right, we've got Burnley tomorrow and we need some intel. Let's get onto the football forums, they'll all know what they're on about."

Charlton will have a game plan set out to include Trippier playing. If he doesn't then they'll they may change things, but not until the team is announced.

NottsClaret
21-03-2014, 08:34 AM
Aye, the game is up if they know Tripps is out.

Then they'll be sure to target that lad who's played a huge chunk of his career in the Premier League, has international and European experience and is only 32.

It's the obvious weak leak at Championship level. There's almost no point us going now.

Jeremy_Bentham
21-03-2014, 09:11 AM
********* often sees KT on his way into training. He notes that KT is never driving, he's always in shotgun. ********* wonders if anyone else has spotted this? He is sure it's KT's car as the private reg seems to relate to his.

FCBurnley
21-03-2014, 11:21 AM
He is out for a couple of weeks according to LET. Hamstring tear. We might need our 10 point lead but hopefully not.

Rileybobs
21-03-2014, 11:28 AM
Darn. Big blow but if we can keep picking up points, even draws over the next few games we'll still be in a very strong position when Trips and Ings return. 4 points in the next two games would be a very welcome return.

SethHowarthsHair
21-03-2014, 11:55 AM
''He is out for a couple of weeks according to LET. Hamstring tear. We might need our 10 point lead but hopefully not.''
(In that case I hope whoever has written that for the telegraph gets sacked and is tortured for leaking information related to the club! I also hope who ever told him is shot.)

the folk that moan about information being leaked will be the same people that love coming on here to read rumours about signing's and loans?

spudly
21-03-2014, 12:14 PM
Kieran Trippier doesn't drive because he hasn't got a licence

I_Wood_Lovett
21-03-2014, 12:20 PM
KT could be Keith Treacy and he might not be driving for other reasons. :blue:

ollyd
21-03-2014, 12:26 PM
Are we allowed to guess why KT has no licence?

(or might that information be used to help Charlton's tactics and selection)

Can't be too careful with a ten point lead to protect.

ralphpom
21-03-2014, 01:07 PM
SethHowarthsHair

You make a good point other than the fact that 90% of what you read on here regarding injuries/transfers/the youth set up/ in fact club policy in general is of course totally incorrect.

sabdenclaret
21-03-2014, 01:24 PM
Just to reply to theclaret57's massive and quite funny over-reaction - he told me because we are very good friends, who when we get in touch discuss all the usual things like family, friends, work and yes even football, especially our beloved clarets!
He didn't get in touch just to tell me about Trippier's injury, it just came up in the conversation as it would! He isn't trying to damage the club, and he knows I wouldn't be on here in a shot with the breaking news! If i wanted to do that i would of done the previous day - i simply added to the topic some truth to the rumour or concern of the injury! When you do that of course people jump on you with 'who told you? how do you know? etc.
As has been said, chris boden broke the news first, and someone obviously let him know!
We will miss Tripps and Ings but at least we miss them with a 10 point lead - have faith in the rest of the squad and SD and keep those promotion jitters in check!

g69
21-03-2014, 01:27 PM
SC was pressed to reveal his source a to substantiate his post then berated because of it So lets just post fiction and not facts not that Charlton will do things differently and plan a side around CM comments which could all turnout red herrings
UTC

ficklefan
21-03-2014, 01:31 PM
Some massive overreactions on this thread. Some people are laughable

Notrigsbyscat
21-03-2014, 01:46 PM
best 1st post I've ever read, ficklefan :D