PDA

View Full Version : Russel Brand

outlooksunny
22-03-2014, 10:46 PM
Was my telly working right or was that prize prat on thev sow tonight.
An higorant 'ammer and a total dick.
The sooner the BBC are no longer able to be make consumers free from a criminal conviction the better.
Vote ;- free the world from dic*s like this pilook.

CardyTheClaret
22-03-2014, 10:50 PM
Your TV was working fine. However, I think your keyboard is ****ed.

DiBranchio
22-03-2014, 10:52 PM
Get to the point.
Do you like Russell Brand?
Yes or no?

Claret_on_Sea
22-03-2014, 10:58 PM
Agree with op. Tw@t of highest order. Typically BBC bollards.

goalposts
22-03-2014, 11:00 PM
self agrandising knob of the highest order...:D

ColdPieWarmBeer
22-03-2014, 11:05 PM
He's more switched on than anyone than that will post on this thread to berate him ever will be. Besides, it's for sport relief. Get over yer' selves.

Unless you're against charity? Surely not?

Morgan
22-03-2014, 11:15 PM
"He's more switched on than anyone than that will post on this thread to berate him ever will be. Besides, it's for sport relief. Get over yer' selves.

Unless you're against charity? Surely not? "

"Get over yer' selves"

Hilarious self righteousness CPWB. The thread is about Brand, not charity.

The bloke is a self-centred, look-at-me tw@t.
IMO.

goalposts
22-03-2014, 11:17 PM
cpwb ..really thats how you defend a prick...?

yorksclaret
22-03-2014, 11:19 PM
The only thing switched on with this guy was his mobile while he was on MOTD. Ignorant cooont doesn't even begin to describe him.

MrClaretandBlue
22-03-2014, 11:20 PM
I thought he was funny. He used a few long words that I didn't understand though so yeah, prick.

AndyattheTurf
22-03-2014, 11:20 PM
Morgan; surely everyone on TV is 'a self-centred, look-at-me!' sort of person

ColdPieWarmBeer
22-03-2014, 11:41 PM
He has a penchant for p$$ing off mindless, unthinking, reactionary dullards. Going off the response to my perfectly innocuous post on this thread, he's even more reyt' in my book than I previously thought!

tl;dr, (even though it's not a very long post), touched a nerve?

claptrappers_union
23-03-2014, 02:26 AM
I like the guy. Sure, I think he would drive me mad if I was locked in a room with him but on MOTD I thought he was pretty funny and that's why he was on. Not one for this Sports Relief crap though overall... Dreadful television - charity or not.

bucktooth
23-03-2014, 07:56 AM
I think he's funny.

lotty1
23-03-2014, 08:00 AM
About as funny as very bad tooth ache .

arise_sir_charge
23-03-2014, 08:09 AM
I like the fact that those that do like Russell brand always seem to suggest that those prople that don't like him, don't like him because he uses big words. They are sort of suggesting that they are superior intellectually because they like him.

Personally, I think he's a bit of a nob. It's nothing to do with the language he uses, just my opinion.

strayclaret
23-03-2014, 08:10 AM
OK it was for charity, but did he have to text half way through the show ?

Sidney1st
23-03-2014, 08:11 AM
I didn't think he was that bad really and normally I want to put my foot through my TV when I see him.

wherewasi
23-03-2014, 08:51 AM
I turned over. To be fair I usually would when he appears but he was particularly annoying last night. Not funny, not clever.

scouseclaret
23-03-2014, 09:06 AM
"He's more switched on than anyone than that will post on this thread to berate him ever will be."

That's clearly how he wants to be thought of and his fans/apologists buy it, but if you listen to him (his "don't vote" rant to Paxman, for example) its actually pretty clear he's a thick tw@t with nothing to say.

Nor did he have anything interesting, insightful or particularly funny to say about football.

sheffieldturfite
23-03-2014, 09:13 AM
There can be no doubt that Brand had an incredibly traumatic childhood, with his eating disorders, sexual abuse and drug addiction that he often speaks of.

Sympathy aside, there is only so much though that I can tolerate from him, given that I disagree with his opinions, his morals, his ego and his behaviours. In fact, there is probably nothing I like about him, at all. I switched off last night.

Sidney1st
23-03-2014, 09:17 AM
I suppose it doesn't help that he's smashed Katy Perry :-(

ColinBlacklabel
23-03-2014, 09:20 AM
I don't normally fast forward through MOTD, but I made superb use of the Sky+ function when he came on.

This is a family board, so let's just say I don't like him :D

expoultryboy
23-03-2014, 09:34 AM
if you listen to what lineker says , brand had just taken a selfi with the premiership trophy so I presume he was checking it and not texting . Don't particularly like him ,but agree it was a foul by shreck

Notrigsbyscat
23-03-2014, 09:52 AM
"its actually pretty clear he's a thick tw@t with nothing to say"

two features you could never seriously accuse Brand of not having.

Two of the most impressive monologues you could ever see are Brand in THAT Paxman interview and Jeff Daniels as anchor Will McAvoy in The Newsroom, and the latter was scripted.

He possesses skills rarely found in the same person, intellect, quick thinking and oratory delivery.

That said I don't find him funny, humourous, sometimes, but sketch-based or stand-up, nah.

BlackoClaret
23-03-2014, 09:58 AM
I like Brand, he's on my tv rarely & I find him amusing in small doses. The Saturday evening MOTD team are SOOoooo dull. OOOh he went on his phone during the programme! And?
Like the fact that he supports the team he grew up with.
He's a court jester.

RogerEliHatTrick
23-03-2014, 11:13 AM
Tool

Fits the current demand for talentless 'celebs'

ColinBlacklabel
23-03-2014, 11:27 AM
I think what ColdPieWarmBeer was trying to say is...

"If you don't agree with my opinions / thoughts you are wrong".

Well, I prefer warm pies and cold beer. So there!! :D

celts
23-03-2014, 12:22 PM
Agree with the OP.

Brand is an arrogant, talentless, disrespectful individual, with zero class.

Squarepusher
23-03-2014, 01:24 PM
I can't help but like somebody who winds people up as much as Brand does, and he's certainly an improvement on the usual parade of dullards that appear on MOTD, regardless of whether people like him or not.