PDA

View Full Version : when did you start to believe? after what game??

thelifeofbrian
23-03-2014, 06:04 PM
for me it was the derby game in February at home when we beat them 2-0...they came to the turf expecting to win and the form team in the championship unbeaten in 15 games or whatever it was...they could of overtaken us in the league that day if they would of beaten us but they didn't and they are now ten points behind us...

that was the game for me when I thought we were the real deal and had the ammunition to go on and get automatically promoted...

Quickenthetempo
23-03-2014, 06:08 PM
After Leeds away. Then the feeling got stronger as we have come good in every test we have had since.

pushpinpussy
23-03-2014, 06:11 PM
strifeofbrain why have you got it in for ings. do you not know talent when you see it from your sad existence in Berkshire

DarkCloud
23-03-2014, 06:21 PM
I will believe it when it's certain we can't be caught!

thelifeofbrian
23-03-2014, 06:25 PM
strifeofbrain why have you got it in for ings. do you not know talent when you see it from your sad existence in Berkshire

my answer- do I know you? why bring ings into this topic?? what relevance has that got to do with my post?? im confused

yes I do live in Berkshire but its very nice here in the royal county...

pushpinpussy
23-03-2014, 06:28 PM
i just remember your topic on ings and was amazed at the incompetence of your posts. ps im not starting to believe yet. 3 more wins and my opinion might change.

BillyHamilton9
23-03-2014, 06:29 PM
Reading away

pushpinpussy
23-03-2014, 06:33 PM
i know every county has its poor areas but i didn't realise how bad things were until i say Bracknell. horrible place Brian. Do you live there ?

thelifeofbrian
23-03-2014, 06:34 PM
I stated that ings needed a rest as he was looking tired and I wasn't the only one...

its all about opinions...

DarkCloud
23-03-2014, 06:37 PM
Crumbs, Brian you proper caught one there. And you weren't even fishing!!

DiBranchio
23-03-2014, 06:38 PM
Charlton away.

Last season. :)

Quattro
23-03-2014, 06:41 PM
For me, Derby at home was a real turning point for me; before this, I had hope that we could do it, but after beating Derby at Turf Moor, I got a real sense of belief.

Since that point, we a e progressed and overcome many challenges, and this sense of belief is strengthening.

thelifeofbrian
23-03-2014, 06:41 PM
indeed - somebody's had a bad day at the office

I live in ascot which is close to Bracknell...

pushpinpussy
23-03-2014, 06:50 PM
Ascot beautiful place Brian, unless its South Ascot which is a little rough.

bfcmik
23-03-2014, 06:59 PM
I first started to think we had the ability to go up after the QPR home game. We took apart the bookies favourites, the form team and meanest defence that day.

I still had my worries about whether we had sufficient depth when the supposedly inevitable injuries and suspensions kicked in but those are well and truly gone now. My only remaining fears arise from too many seasons of seeing my hopes and dreams shattered.

minniemouth
23-03-2014, 07:02 PM
I believed we had a really good XI after the doings we gave QPR & Reading at home.
They've earned nothing but respect yet. 6 more wins please.

Glass3QtsEmpty
23-03-2014, 07:08 PM
I told a mate last season that the team we had then was better than the team that went up in 2009. He looked at me like I was mental and he also didn't re-new his season ticket.

I started to believe we could go up this season after QPR away.

TERNENT
23-03-2014, 07:12 PM
Blackburn. Showed some serious stones.

thelifeofbrian
23-03-2014, 07:16 PM
Pushpinpussy...do i know you???? I think you know me?

LoveCurryPies
23-03-2014, 07:54 PM
After reading lots of negative posts before the start of the season I wrote on here:

Posted 05 Sep 2013 18:11

HINDSIGHT. So often referred to in comments. What if someone came back in time and told us...

THIS IS THE SEASON WE WIN AUTOMATIC PROMOTION & CAPITAL CUP!

At the moment both are possible and so we, the fans, should enjoy the season as such. Forget all the negativity! Anything is possible.

So, I say to everyone, lets enjoy every minute & get behind our Club 100%. Lets sing the roof off & let our young players know we are behind them."

OK, I was wrong about winning the Capital One Cup! ;D

bfcjg
23-03-2014, 08:09 PM
I am being genuine when I say that after the Cardiff game at the Turf last season, last home game. In the second half we played with an intensity and skill level that I thought bode well for this season. I think SD had done what he needed to do with the likes of McCann and Pato etc and we had a team spirit.

Claretforever
23-03-2014, 08:18 PM
After the Derby away match when we won 3-0. I started a thread on here called 'Time for us to believe?'. I just had a feeling then that something special was happening. I think I made that thread on 1st September.

I've tried trawling the first 15 pages of the forum but, without the search function I'm struggling to add a link. I'm sure someone posted on it around the Derby match and brought it back to the top.

claret78
23-03-2014, 08:43 PM
Leicester Away was when I knew we were the real deal.

The best team in the division threw everything at us first half and not only did we come back but we could easily have won it.

However...still a long way to go and I won't be booking our holiday for the end of May just yet!!!

UTC

DorsetDave
23-03-2014, 08:49 PM
1 Oct going top after beating Doncaster.

7 Dec going back on top after beating Barnsley.

21 Dec going back on top after beating Blackpool.

Since the beginning of 2014 staying pretty much hard on the heels of Leicester whilst others have fell by the wayside. Performances of such consistency that we have now reduced the lead by Leicester to 5 pts.

I believe firmly that we will go up as either Champions or runners up. UTC :D

BabylonClaret
23-03-2014, 09:19 PM
Same a quickenthetempo for me. After Leeds away it was clear we could do well - we looked good. Then after Reading at home I knew we were good enough to really challenge at the top - it was more about whether a long season would take its toll.

Being top at Christmas sort of sealed the optimism

spunkybackpack21
23-03-2014, 09:27 PM
Rovers away.

BabylonClaret
23-03-2014, 09:29 PM
I last bumped the time to believe thread after Rovers. Spice bobbed a few things on it that suggested we would be getting there. As each one ticked off I bumped it.

The last was about a galvanising moment - beating Rovers

I actually thought we would do well this season (mid top half probably 8 to 12) with a playoff chance if we did really well and got a goalscorer in for Charlie. Never worried about relegation once as it was clear last season we were consistently tough and hard to beat.

Boliclaret
23-03-2014, 09:29 PM
The win at Ewood for me. Derby lost 0-1 to Millwall on the Saturday and with the luck of the post we stormed back to go 8 points clear on the Sunday. It made the long wait all the more sweeter.

I was very impressed and surprised after the QPR home game but felt we'd fade away over a long season. I was expecting QPR to be probable champions back then, Their form against the top sides proves different. :D

Peter_Nobles_Wig
23-03-2014, 09:37 PM
QPR (Home) for me. We made them look very ordinary.

Redbeard
23-03-2014, 10:03 PM
Leeds away.

wherewasi
23-03-2014, 10:07 PM
I'm still in the 'not counting chickens' camp but, for me, it was after beating Charlton in September that I told people we were different this year. Too often teams had come to us looking for a point and we coudn't beat them but against Charlton, we tried several different ways to get past them and didn't get nervous when it took nearly 40 minutes to find the one that worked.

I'm still not past that level of belief yet - I'll believe we've done it when we've done it.

Notrigsbyscat
23-03-2014, 10:31 PM
I thought we were the real deal after QPR at home, and I started to believe at QPR away after we showed amazing character to come back and we should have nicked it.

5pm next Saturday will be my next checkpoint

DownUnderClaret
24-03-2014, 12:10 AM
See, this is something I just don't understand. Might have something to do with different national psyches, I don't know, but for me as an Aussie, I go into the start of every season thinking my AFL team is going to win the premiership. Same with BFC, I don't get how a lot of Burnley supporters seem to think because we're little old Burnley, we somehow are not entitled to win and be successful and only let themselves believe when the season is almost over. I'm not doubting their dedication to BFC, I just don't get the inbuilt caution or pessimism.

rabs82
24-03-2014, 04:44 AM
DUC - Clearly a Pies fan then? :)

thelifeofbrian
24-03-2014, 05:41 AM
Come on DUC, we are claret fans so we are being realistic here... don't knock us for that

The Bedlington Terrier
24-03-2014, 05:56 AM
Derby away. I said at the time that this is a serious outfit. In a friendly post-match pint Derby fans could not believe the "footballing lesson" they had just had!

DownUnderClaret
24-03-2014, 06:34 AM
Rabs! Don't be so bloody hurtful, bleedin' heck!!! >:( Actually I'm a Crows fan.
Rabs you live in Oz and have done ever since I've been on CM. Do you find it odd going into a season not thinking you're going to win it? I know Sean Dyche would be pi*#ed if our players didn't go out every game thinking they could win.

LifeOf Brian, not knocking anyone, just trying to get my head around it.

Firthy
24-03-2014, 06:47 AM
Last Saturday when I heard Claridge say it on the The Football League Show :);D

todclaret
24-03-2014, 06:50 AM
Elland Road is where I started to realise that this may be more than a flash in the pan, but I still can't believe what is being achieved by Sean and the players. I'd say "pinch me" but am scared that if I do then it will all turn out to be a dream.

After the great start to the season I travelled in hope of seeing the form continue, but expecting a much sterner test. The first half turned out to be as good a performance as I can ever remember from a Burnley team in over 40 years of supporting them, or at least it was until Little Billy's Boys visited the Turf, and that's taking into consideration that Leeds had 2 or 3 good chances in a half that where we eventually just took control and a 2-0 leed (sic) (pun intended ;D )

LancasterClaret
24-03-2014, 07:04 AM
Hard to say, but the clincher for most would have been the game at Ewood.

After the way Rovers had got out of jail in the last two games against them, you couldn't help feeling that it wasn't going to be.

We can still be caught, but we'd have to have the worst refs for every game from now on, at least three more injuries and all the teams we play to have stormers against us.

dezzerbfc
24-03-2014, 08:21 AM
After the ba****ds game for me as I'd previously stated to a mate that were we to win our next 3 games (at the time forest, derby and them) "We are going up"

Plenty of nervous clarets in the pub prior to the blackburn game but it was never in doubt for me after the previous 2 results.

This side have continually and consistently passed EVERY test.

UTC

evergreen54
24-03-2014, 08:30 AM
Wasn't a game for me, it was a programme, the night SD was on the footballers football show, along with the female doctor who became his mentor.

I posted at the time we should sign her up to and bring out the best in everyone from the chairman to the tea lady...no doubt that thislady has played a big part in this exceptional manager's progress and I was worried that other club chairman might be watching. SD has what it takes on and off the field and what you see on the pitch is a continuation of the man himself

UTC

NGSOBOB
24-03-2014, 10:02 AM
Tranmere away, pre-season. The ball was on the deck, everybody was moving, the midfield ticking, Marney scored (1), portents of the season to come. I believed we had a good team playing good football. As for the p...n, I'm being forced to believe, and its unadulterated joy.

Rileybobs
24-03-2014, 11:31 AM
I thought before the Derby/Forest games that if we were to pick up 6 points we'd go up. I've not changed my mind, in fact the results since have only made me more certain.

LightFingersFreddie
24-03-2014, 02:40 PM
I daren't believe ..:s

chiefclaret
24-03-2014, 05:15 PM
Bolton, solid performance and I said then that we wouldn't be beaten until next season. UTC

evensteadiereddie
24-03-2014, 05:24 PM
I'm not there yet, still far too many opportunities for fate to play nasties on us, but all the games where we've started too slowly, gone behind and eventually recovered have convinced me this side is well on its way to the Prem. But not just yet.
We need to batter Donny.

BlackburnClaret85
24-03-2014, 05:40 PM
After the Forrest game I said to me dad that there should be no reason, other than he emotional attachment, I.e. It's Burnley, something is bound to balls up, that we shouldn't be going into every game thinking other than a Burnley victory.

Leeds at home it hit me that it was real, Saturday more so.

But like last time I won't believe it until the first game of the season in the league higher up, which hopefully will be next season.

Pendle_Gazza
24-03-2014, 06:20 PM
Always 'after the next game' for me, even though we then proceed to win most of 'em! :?

TheATeam
24-03-2014, 06:28 PM
After Forest game I said I couldn't see us lose again all season.

After Derby game I said If we win at Ewood then 1st Place is still a strong possibility

But for me a win Tues evening and the finishing line will most certainly be in site, and I really can't see us failing, lets get the job done asap, then we don't need to worry about if's and but's

CnBtruntru
24-03-2014, 06:42 PM
After playing in Cork, I backed us at 50/1 and said to my daughter we would not get beat again this season, not far off only 3 losses :D

Claret & Blue tinted glasses, but one must have belief.

burnleyareback
24-03-2014, 08:05 PM
On a similar note, since January I have been saying that whoever wins this Saturday will go up as Champions.

We win and Leicester go into some tough games with a knock in confidence.
Leicester win and it's a good boost for the run in

cloughyclaret
24-03-2014, 08:07 PM
Im as reserved as Eddie

solidsilver1862
24-03-2014, 09:26 PM
PUSHPINPUUSY=You state south ASCOT is a bit rough
i wish i had a bit of the money which is around that area SHEIK MOHAMMED as built a big home there. The reason for this being its closeness to the racecourse.Oh what game did i really believe? could be tomorrow night! i remember playing Ipswich when we had won the league the previous season everybody thought we would, sadly the size of our squad was our let down,Like Doncaster might or could be a blip tomorrow.