PDA

View Full Version : Who sold West Ham down the river? (WTF)

pstotto
25-03-2014, 04:28 AM
David Olympic Gold? Upton Park sold to developers? They've only just built that massive stand costing millions, pull it down for housing 'cos we've now got a greater fan base'? Surrounding the Boleyn ground...grade 1 listed slums...they wan to expand? WTF is going on? If any teams round there is gonna get more fans it's Leyton Orient not West Ham, yet they've been screwed...

Quicknick
25-03-2014, 05:02 AM
They're hardly grade 1 listed slums around WHU's ground. I wouldn't have liked to live there when I was in London, but there's far worse accommodation elsewhere in the East End.

pstotto
25-03-2014, 05:40 AM
Yr pulling me plonker, Quicknick. Sure you want to nick it that quick?

Quicknick
25-03-2014, 06:17 AM
Grade 1 listed slums?

pstotto
25-03-2014, 06:46 AM
If you want that comment down on record as 'your contribution' Nick... Well. Maybe you better go to sleep, Nick, the sun is rising.

I'll turn in too. See you in the daylight?

Quicknick
25-03-2014, 11:12 AM
I'm up again. I'm working from memory (a few years ago now), but I can't remember anywhere in WH to compare with a bit further southwest. If you come out of the Blackwall Tunnel north and look left you'll be confronted by accommodation worse than anything I've seen in western Europe. It continues to Bromley by Bow tube station. I worked just west of that station for a while in 1994.