PDA

View Full Version : Cricket Field Stand

foxy4636
27-03-2014, 04:51 PM
Hi not sure if this has already been mentioned on here but here goes.

I went into the ticket office today and asked if we were promoted will season ticket holders be able to sit in the cricket field stand as we did previously???
The answer was no can anyone shed any light on this for me as I thought the support from all four sides of the ground worked well last time.

minniemouth
27-03-2014, 04:56 PM
Shocking decision.If it stands.

Should definitely be the home end.

Quickenthetempo
27-03-2014, 04:59 PM
More chance of sell outs with at least 10 clubs that would fill the CF stand.

Toejam
27-03-2014, 05:18 PM
Guaranteed to help us at home, having all four sides of the ground would make the turf intimidating again.. plus we all know that the CF is brilliant for generating noise.. nevermind "sell outs"... when we went up last time about half of the away support just about filled the 2,500 allocation given, I feel this is probably down to them dick heads at lanc's constab more than anything else! Look at Cardiff now in that tinpot new stadium, the ninian was almost like a goal start at times with the atmosphere they generated!

ClaretTony2014
27-03-2014, 05:19 PM
The club haven't made any decisions as yet on whether home fans would be admitted to the cfs should we be in the Premier League.

Quattro
27-03-2014, 05:26 PM
And if they allow Burnley fans I the Cricket Field Stand, the club would still be guaranteed the same number of sell-outs as if the just allowed away fans in, because no matter how many Burnley fans you allow in there, Burnley would fill it.

The advantage would come when a team like Fulham come to Turf Moor - didn't they bring about 100 fans last time? At least there would be a decent percentage of the stand full of Clarets.

The simple thing for me would be one of the following options:

1) do exactly the same as the 2009/10 Premier League season

OR

2) Put away fans in the Jimmy Mac Lower and allow the full Cricket Field Stand for Burnley fans.

Quickenthetempo
27-03-2014, 05:37 PM
The logical thing for the club to do would be to give the CF to away fans but with the 2nd batch on a no sale no return basis. If the club doesn't wish to purchase they give half to Burnley fans.

I would take a guess at just short of a million pounds it cost the club having HOME fans in the CF last time.

KeighleyClaret
27-03-2014, 06:43 PM
Whatever happens its a massive NO to away fans in the JM lower. Last time they did that (after the roof problem I think) it completely ruined the whole atmosphere especially in the JM upper.

Toejam
27-03-2014, 06:46 PM
Most people I've spoken to would definitely get a season ticket in the CF should we get it back again, the banter were brilliant last time we were in the prem.. And to be honest I just love that stand!!

celts
27-03-2014, 07:44 PM
Surely it'll be condemned! It needs to be rebuilt, and this would be the best time.

BlackburnClaret85
27-03-2014, 07:57 PM
Pretty sure the club haven't made decision yet CT as we aren't there yet. No surprise they haven't and wouldn't expect them to yet either

stalbansclaret
27-03-2014, 09:52 PM
Briefly discussed on tonight's Radio Lancs forum and one of the chairmen said it was something that would be looked at. Mentioned the additional hassle re crowd control etc but they are aware there is some preference for it.

cloughiesclarets2
27-03-2014, 10:37 PM
On the subject of rebuilding,when/if we eventually do would anyone prefer to see something similar to the two newer stands or a modern rebuild of the current stand,i.e.

- Single or 2 Tier? (would this depend on what happens to the Bob Lord...club planned pre relegation to build a 2nd tier on Bob.

- Pitch level seating or raised front row like the current CFS/BL

Quattro
27-03-2014, 11:09 PM
Can we not have option 3: the bread bin?

cloughiesclarets2
27-03-2014, 11:18 PM
Can we not have option 3: the bread bin?

I hope there's not a (bread)crumb of hope they roll that idea out again;D

Goody1975
27-03-2014, 11:21 PM
"On the subject of rebuilding,when/if we eventually do would anyone prefer to see something similar to the two newer stands or a modern rebuild of the current stand,i.e."

Anybody wanting something similar to the current two newer stands should be immediately committed.

"- Single or 2 Tier? (would this depend on what happens to the Bob Lord...club planned pre relegation to build a 2nd tier on Bob."

Single tier, not too large and split between home and away supporters.

"- Pitch level seating or raised front row like the current CFS/BL"

Personally a slightly raised front row, as the facts are the last tickets being sold in the two newer stands are the lower tier at pitch level, this is not only because of the possibility of being affected by any adverse weather but because the view isn't as good as seats further back and so fans see the seats as being substandard.

Long term any completed ground redevelopment should have a capacity of no more than 23,000.

burnleybabe
27-03-2014, 11:35 PM
Financially should be a No no.
Don't think there is enough support from BFC fans to guarantee that they would fill the extra 2 thousand seats in the other stands for the big games

Goody1975
27-03-2014, 11:44 PM
Financially?

I think the 75 Million quid might make that irrelevant, having home fans in the Cricket Field Stand might make the difference between us staying up and going back down.

claretspice
28-03-2014, 12:27 AM
I'm not so sure the argument we wouldn't fill the ground if we didn't have away fans in the whole CFS really holds.

Reality is that the teams who would sell out the CFS, with the possible exception of Newcastle and Sunderland, are the highest draw games anyway. And if away tickets were to end up over subscribed, those fans would like as not end up scattered around the home ends, just as happens now when Leeds come to town.

Itd take a few off the gate perhaps, but you're probably talking hundreds rather than thousands and there is undoubtedly something to be said for atmosphere.

mybloodisclaret
28-03-2014, 01:26 AM
If the stand is not going to be redeveloped, Burnley fans must be allowed in there as per last time in the Prem, simply, that stand creates the most noise, the section for Clarets could be a designated signing area perhaps?

Moving forwards, when the time comes to say goodbye to the Cricket Field Stand, for me it should be replaced with a large single tier end, capacity of perhaps 6k - 8k, preferably with safe standing if possible. The end could be split with away supporters quite evenly that way, and be designed to be acoustically favourable to generating some real noise. That would be my vision for the stand. The facilities underneath not just in the concourse but the dressing rooms etc are just shocking, and dated, and really need updating.

As it remains that end, for visitors only is an advantage to the away side, and an opportunity missed on our part!

UTC

cockneyclaret
28-03-2014, 02:18 AM
^ like ^

Be great to make it a kop end.

Alp12Mac
28-03-2014, 06:44 AM
Surely it would be like a morgue if it was designated a 'SIGNING' area XD

theclaret57
28-03-2014, 09:29 AM
If you take the current teams in the PL there are quite a few clubs that will not sell out the CFS.

Fulham
Cardiff
Crystal Palace
West Brom
Swansea
Norwich
Hull
Southampton

Others Stoke, Villa may not depending on how they are doing.

Thats half our matches where we would have 2-3000 unsold seats if it was away fans only, something we never had the last time.

Redbeard
28-03-2014, 10:28 AM
John Banaszkiewicz last night on the Radio Lancs forum said : 'It's something we'll seriously consider, if we go up. It will be strongly considered.'

I.e. with regard to home fans in the CF.

Toejam
28-03-2014, 10:50 AM
Great post "mybloodisclaret"... It worked really well in the prem because you had al the CF, longside upper/lower & JM to some extent bouncing off each other, even steven gerrard praised us and said were a passionate bunch! You only have to look at teams like stoke who I think have used having an intimidating atmosphere to there advantage.. You don't want 4,000 united or Liverpool singing all the way through the 90 minutes and not hearing a whisper from the home section?!! plus there's also the advantage if the old crowd control comes into it that we wont be playing *******s next season so I couldn't see any problems that way... as for the regeneration a large split kop-type stand with rail seating would be a dream!! now that would make the turf something else..

Walton
28-03-2014, 11:00 AM
This wording is in the season ticket packs:

"David Fishwick (Cricket Field) Stand
This area is not available for home supporters unless the club achieves promotion to the Premier League, when seat transfers to this area may be considered for season ticket holders only." - view external link (http://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/documents/2014-season-tickets-renewal-form113-1239440.pdf)

Redbeard
28-03-2014, 11:39 AM
Correction to post 24 : the quoted words were in fact those of Mike Garlick.

i_hate_pne
28-03-2014, 03:19 PM
"If you take the current teams in the PL there are quite a few clubs that will not sell out the CFS.

Fulham
Cardiff
Crystal Palace
West Brom
Swansea
Norwich
Hull
Southampton

Others Stoke, Villa may not depending on how they are doing.

Thats half our matches where we would have 2-3000 unsold seats if it was away fans only, something we never had the last time."

You can't make any assumptions that these clubs will/won't sell out. I've witnessed Hull, Cardiff and West Brom near sell the CFS whilst in the Championship/Div.

The away fans should be in the JML and Burnley in the Cricket Field. You can't use the 'Stoke' game as an example of how having away fans in the JML affects the atmosphere. That game was awful and Burnley played sh!te - thats what affected the atmosphere.

JohnMcGreal
28-03-2014, 03:22 PM
That stand needs bulldozing, not more fans moving into it.

Toejam
28-03-2014, 04:07 PM
well that's not going to happen in the immediate future is it john? So let's get the home fans in there and be the loudest set of fans in our own ground.. makes sense really. As for the bulldozing comment I'd quite happily bulldoze both "new" stands and have the longside & beehole back in a flash! I keep going back to Cardiff in comments to this, I'm telling you now Cardiff would have had a better chance of staying up had they been at ninian park

claret78
28-03-2014, 04:16 PM
Why does it need bulldozing. What a ridiculous statement.

Obviously didn't stand in it in the Premiership season. Head and shoulders above any other stand at Turf Moor if not the country. We've been out sung by virtually every team this season even when they've had only a couple hundreds fans.

minniemouth
28-03-2014, 04:28 PM
Sorry I don't know capacities for every section.
As rozzers like to park visiting buses on Harry Potts Way would it not be possible to give guest club the Martin Dobson stand allowing Clarets to have the whole of the cricketfield stand.
This could entail closing Harry Potts Way, at the centre spot, diverting home support down Helena St.

dy1geo
28-03-2014, 04:33 PM
If the club do decide to allow home fans into CFS it will be interesting to see how the club plays it, will they give first option and a set time period to current ST Holders to allow them to switch probably before new ST prices are announced after the Early Bird Period or will they just put the new price ST price on CFS stand and open it up to new applications only.

ClaretTony2014
28-03-2014, 04:38 PM
"John Banaszkiewicz last night on the Radio Lancs forum said : 'It's something we'll seriously consider, if we go up. It will be strongly considered.'"

It was Mike Garlick but the club will seriously consider getting home fans back in there if at all possible and if there is demand.

Redbeard
28-03-2014, 04:44 PM
Tony - Please see post 27. :)

claretminty
28-03-2014, 04:46 PM
I agree with splitting it with both Homs and away fans was an excellent atmosphere last time. As long as they don't put away fans in JM. Lower as that's where I sit and wouldn't want to move had the same seats since the stand was built

JohnMcGreal
28-03-2014, 05:34 PM
Why does it need bulldozing. What a ridiculous statement.

The bigger question is, why doesn't it need bulldozing?

sykerjoe
28-03-2014, 05:49 PM
why cant we have the full cricketfield stand and give away fans part of the jh stand or is that too easy -they would have their own area for parking etc ?

ClaretTony2014
28-03-2014, 06:00 PM
"That stand needs bulldozing, not more fans moving into it."

We've just spent money on the roof and there is no intention to bulldoze it.

There is one hell of a lot of work needs doing on the ground for the Premier League but this is not part of it.

Redbeard
28-03-2014, 07:28 PM
It was in fact Mike Garlick who last night on the Radio Lancs forum said : 'It's something we'll seriously consider, if we go up. It will be strongly considered.'

Just in case anyone missed that, like. ;)

Toejam
28-03-2014, 08:55 PM
John Mcgreal why don't you **** off to the reebok stadium or maybe Coventry's ground if that's what sort of dull characterless ground you want so much? Why would you not want the turf bouncing with clarets on all four sides?? I hope it never gets bulldozed just to **** mongs like you off

Claretforever
28-03-2014, 09:07 PM
Look, the CFS doesn't have the same look as the new stands underneath, but it is what it is. It's just had a brand new roof, but perhaps needs a few little touches of paint here and there to make it look better.

What we shouldn't do though is begin to believe everything we hear from away fans, particularly our rivals at Blackburn who want you to believe that it's a wooden stand, and is a death trap. It's concrete and the only thing wooden are the seats. Those that say that are either on a wind up or actually believe it, which says a lot about their intellect.

New Claret and blue plastic seats, and perhaps the metal work sprayed silver, and it looks a different stand. We don't need to knock the thing down.

cheese_slice
28-03-2014, 09:11 PM
i'd like to see the corner filled in between the longside and beehole end. i would like to think if the plans were ready it could be completed in the summer or not long into the season. other than that i would definatly like sides putting on the longside

anyway after not havivng a ticket this season after having one for 6 years previous ive took the plunge today. i hope its a premier league ticket utc :D

Toejam
28-03-2014, 09:25 PM
the best away stand in the country by a mile!

Claretforever
28-03-2014, 09:43 PM
Cheese slice, I think you might find that it is not possible to connect the two stands in the corner. Something to do with the Bee Hole (Jimmy Mac) being built too close to the Longside. I can't actually recall the reason why it was done, and without that knowledge I feel it might be something to do with saving pennies having to rebuild the police box in the corner. I really hope that wasn't the reason.

Quickenthetempo
28-03-2014, 09:46 PM
Anything can be built or renovated to suit.

Just depends on time and Money.

JohnMcGreal
29-03-2014, 01:35 AM
Well that's me told.

Let's leave the stand as it is for another 40 years instead.

DiBraidio
29-03-2014, 08:37 AM
How many seats are lost for the segregation in the Cricket Field Stand? Must be a couple of hundred.

Goody1975
29-03-2014, 09:19 AM
In the last Premier League season we gained 100 in capacity.

Claretforever
29-03-2014, 09:23 AM
I'd imagine that was due to Burnley fans using the CFS, so the bottom right hand corner, nearest the Longside, was used. That likely holds 100 more than the gap between the fans?

Goody1975
29-03-2014, 09:45 AM
The increase in capacity was just in the Cricket Field Stand, that was due to the extra exits and turnstiles allowing 3,900 fans in rather than the previous 3,800.

edwardianclaret
29-03-2014, 10:34 AM
Toejam do you sit behind me in the JH stand ? Becuase there is a right prick in there who seems to know almost everything .He does not allow other peoples opinions without getting aggresive and forcing his own ****e opinions . Looking back at this thread and the comments you have made , Im almost certain its you .

Toejam
29-03-2014, 02:43 PM
Edwardian if we get to go in the CF next season let's move from the JH and get seats together?... should be a laugh! what do you think?