PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow's game - Take a draw now?

Peter_Nobles_Wig
28-03-2014, 01:44 PM
Given the choice, would you be happy taking a draw now?

A bet the Foxes would

hello_dave
28-03-2014, 01:45 PM
Ill take a win now!
Save me having to watch it in the pub swigging back pint after pint.

ColinBlacklabel
28-03-2014, 01:46 PM
I'd take a draw now.

I won't be as nervous as previous games on Sky because we're 10 points clear of 3rd. Of course, I want us to win, but personally I'm only eyeing up 2nd place and automatic promotion, so even if we lose this game, it won't be the end of the world.

Peter_Nobles_Wig
28-03-2014, 01:46 PM
My money is on the win for Sean and the boys! :D

ColinBlacklabel
28-03-2014, 01:51 PM
Rather than start a new thread, a question for those of you who go on pretty much all games.

With 3 of our best players seemingly ruled out for tomorrow's game, do you feel we'll still be more than capable of outplaying Leicester AND winning?

the_quoon
28-03-2014, 01:54 PM
teams who take draws before the game tend not to find themselves in the position we're in.

maybe after the game accept a draw but never ever take it before kick off.

the_quoon
28-03-2014, 01:55 PM
outplaying - possibly but less likely.

winning - yes, absolutely. nothing to fear from them.

slw
28-03-2014, 01:56 PM
no, Ive just backed us to win the championship outright and I think we will go on to finish top with a win tomorrow.

claptrappers_union
28-03-2014, 01:57 PM
A draw would be great, a win would have me on cloud nine for the rest of the week.

A defeat... not the end of the world

oldcolner
28-03-2014, 02:02 PM
Was going to say no .. we want to win the league.
Past history apparently says this may be difficult.
Leicester are unbeaten in the last six meetings, winning four. Burnley's last win was 3-0 at Turf Moor in August 2010.
I remember a late 1950s game against them and we won 7-3; I would definitely take that.

Redbeard
28-03-2014, 02:12 PM
Nope.

I'll take a 3-1 win, thankyou, Pete. :)

EDIT - Or a 7-3 one, indeed. :D

EDIT - And here are two 'likes' for the Quoon.

JohnMcGreal
28-03-2014, 02:20 PM
Nah.

There's little difference between 1 point and 0 points.

Lets go for the win and see what happens. I'd risk getting beat trying to win the game. Playing for a point at home is for sorry arse weaklings.

bucktooth
28-03-2014, 02:21 PM
Be happy with a draw after the game. Be happier with a win.

Redbeard
28-03-2014, 02:23 PM
Exactly, John. :)

Here - you have a 'like,' as well. :)

Claret_Matelot
28-03-2014, 02:28 PM
Win by more than 2 clear goals and go top thank you very much...

LoveCurryPies
28-03-2014, 02:43 PM
I'm glad the team don't play with this attitude! Have belief...go for the win. No playing safe.

The Bedlington Terrier
28-03-2014, 02:52 PM
Players have been waiting for just this opportunity (SD's words not mine!), a few injuries and suspensions were always going to happen. Cometh the hour, cometh the Clarets! 3-0 to us!

Redbeard
28-03-2014, 03:00 PM
Two, Matelot ; not more than two.

I made that same mistake the other night, thinking we had to win by three, but we don't.

Our GD is 33, and theirs 35, which means that a 1-0 win for us makes it 34-34.

A win by two goals makes it 35-33 in our favour.

And I fancy 3-1, as it happens. :)

FCBurnley
28-03-2014, 03:04 PM
What result would QPR want tomorrow ? Certainly a Leicester win or a draw. Surprised to see Leicester are 5/4 favs tomorrow and a draw is the biggest price !. The only thing we cannot do is lose the next 2 and QPR win theirs. Then it really is pressure on. A win tomorrow would pretty well seal promotion in my mind but it is a big ask with a severely weakened team. UTC

M14VAY
28-03-2014, 03:14 PM
I think a few posters have misread the OP.
I would never accept playing for a draw but if we play this game like we have the others and the result ends in a draw then thats fair enough.
collect the point and move on it means we are a point nearer the main objective.

3 points would be a real achievement all things considered and could be the catalyst to mount a title challenge it would also send out a huge message to all the doubters... mr claridge included!

Redbeard
28-03-2014, 03:21 PM
I see your first point, M14, but rather than misreading the OP I think most responses are simply confirming that to accept a draw now would be as negative and defeatist as actually playing for one.

And, not being a clever dick at all ( I'm not clever enough in any case :) ), but aren't we already title challengers ?

Mr Claridge, btw, admitted last week that he thinks we can't be caught - but indeed it would be nice to show him that Leicester can ! :)

0oogeorgeoghani
28-03-2014, 03:42 PM
Leicester certainly would! They have not been playing well and almost got beat at home to yeovil, We have nothing to fear the way we have been playing, strangely enough I am not worried about yhis game, neither was I worried about the dery game, its s win win senario for us, we are a weakened team due to injuries etc snd possibly slight underdogs to win, lets enjoy the atmosphere and the game if we get beat so what remember qpr have yet to go yo Leicester!

minniemouth
28-03-2014, 03:52 PM
A Clarets win tomorrow and Leicester go from 18 unbeaten to 3 without a win. The tide would be turning.
Vardy is also on 9 bookings we could do with winding him up.

0oogeorgeoghani
28-03-2014, 05:10 PM
Read on another thread last time they got best was at brighton barnes got 2,!! Some players always score agsinst certain clubs! Bugger I forgot about nugent!

lesxdp
28-03-2014, 05:27 PM
NO NO NO.We should be confident enough to go and earn the win. It should not be in our thoughts to accept a draw. I am certain it won,t be in the players minds.

royboyclaret
28-03-2014, 05:31 PM
Absolutely not, and in any case one of Dyche's mantras is that we go to win every game.

On the basis that we start with possibly three key men missing we may have to settle for a win by a single goal margin, which leaves Leicester still top with the same goal difference but having scored half a dozen more goals than us.

All the sweeter then, when they lose at Wigan next Tuesday in which case we go top without even playing. :D

claretdons
28-03-2014, 07:34 PM
After looking a the head to head stats on this site. I'm confident we'll win 3-0 the same as the 2010/11 season. As it's repeated just above that score but with this seasons year. It's an omen it thee ;D

CnBtruntru
28-03-2014, 07:47 PM
5-0 you heard it here, get ya pounds on now correct score with Paddy Power 400/1 go on it's worth a pound :D

earbyclaret
28-03-2014, 08:33 PM
Definitely go out to win it - ideally start like we did against Forest but a draw would neither be a surprising result nor too damaging.

Leicester are very much like us - they keep going until the end as illustrated by recently salvaged points against Watford and Yeovil

If we are to win think we'll need to score twice.

Quattro
29-03-2014, 08:23 AM
I am confident that we can overcome Leicester tomorrow - we have done it against all of the other so-called big teams and/or promotion contenders, such as QPR, Derby, Forest, Leeds, so why not Leicester?

I'll accept that we are going to be without three key players in Ings, Trippier and Marney, but we have seen in Barnes and Baird, we have capable replacements who can perform at this level, and at the level we require to sustain our challenge.

I'll also accept that there will have to be some titivating of the midfield to cover the Marney absence, but what Dyche ops for, I'm confident he'll have done his research thoroughly and explored all of his options to come up with what he believes is the best solution for the task in hand. Benders, it is a "group mentality" so whoever features will no doubt give it their all and work hard for each other.

The key is staying focused and keep believing.