PDA

View Full Version : Blackpool tickets not going on general sale?

The_Exorcist
28-03-2014, 06:03 PM
Heard that Blackpool tickets are only going to be available to season ticket holders, foundation members etc. and won't be available for general sale after the privileged period runs out.

Is that true or just some depressing rumour?

wilks_bfc
28-03-2014, 06:13 PM
And what is wrong with those group of supporters having the first option then if there are some left then there will go on general sale

KCClaret
28-03-2014, 06:21 PM
Nothing wrong at all. It's about time the fans who've held season tickets through thick and thin were given some consideration. There's plenty of cheap deals for those who only go on now and again. The glory hunters are queuing up for season tickets for next season. They'll have priority next season. I'll be there Wed at 9am.

bfcmik
28-03-2014, 06:21 PM
No different to any all ticket match.

My flexi-ticket wasn't cheap but it wasn't expensive either but it got me in the priority period for Blackburn tickets B)

wilks_bfc
28-03-2014, 06:24 PM
I know that KC just seemed to me that the OP doesn't have the same opinion
(Apologies to Exorcist if I've misunderstood that)

ClaretTony2014
28-03-2014, 06:25 PM
"Heard that Blackpool tickets are only going to be available to season ticket holders, foundation members etc. and won't be available for general sale after the privileged period runs out."

They will go on general sale if there are any remaining but I really don't expect there to be any given the small allocation we've received.

SMALLPAUL
28-03-2014, 06:57 PM
Why have we received such a small allocation? because were coming for a promotion party & they don't want that?

The Bedlington Terrier
28-03-2014, 07:27 PM
Get in on the Blackpool end. Mayhem!

yorkyclaret
28-03-2014, 07:59 PM
Why are we not using the points system for this one, very few tickets available so those with lots of points collected should get first chance. What's the point of keep adding points if they don't use them?

The_Exorcist
28-03-2014, 08:28 PM
I think people misunderstood the question.

I wasn't asking if it was right or proper that certain groups (season ticket holders, foundation members) get a priority period.

Of course that is right and proper

I asked if it was true that the tickets were ONLY going to be made available to those people.

Thanks to those who clarified the situation.

Living in Surrey I can't get to as many games as I would like so don't expect to be first in the queue for tickets

wilks_bfc
28-03-2014, 08:49 PM
In that case I apologise again for misunderstanding your OP

claret78
28-03-2014, 08:51 PM
Tonys right in that they probably would go on general but you'd expect 2000 of our season ticket holders to want to go wouldn't you?

KCClaret
28-03-2014, 10:27 PM
Exorcist, sorry about that. Hope you manage to get one. Keep checking on here. Do you just want one?

The_Exorcist
29-03-2014, 06:14 AM
Hey no worries everybody, no need for apologies:)

I'm coming up for Easter . Already got 2 tickets to see the Wigan game with my dad.

He gets a bit confused so don't know where he got the notion that tickets wouldn't go on general sale

Like people have said though, the chances of there being 2 tickets available after the priority period is somewhat slim.

Such is life

Claret4ver
29-03-2014, 06:16 AM
Does anyone use the website Viagogo?

hampsteadclaret
29-03-2014, 08:05 AM
Post 3...loyal fan alert..
'I'm a better fan than you'
'I've bin goin' on for years'
'I saw Willie Irvine lakin' on Turf yonks ago..'
I never miss a match..never..'
'Season ticket holders are the bestest'
' Blooody walk - ons.. part - timers...call yerself a proper fan?
'Priority period for us YES !!'..it's only right'

Tragic Oaf - engage your brain before going near the computer.

Quattro
29-03-2014, 08:12 AM
What's the criteria for Blackpool tickets?

- get up early
- queue at Turf Moor from about 8.00am
- be a season ticket holder
- A?25 in your pocket

Any more?

claret78
29-03-2014, 08:20 AM
What was your point to that post Hampstead?

Quattro
29-03-2014, 08:31 AM
This "loyal fan" or "superior fan" rubbish is all getting a bit tedious now for me, but it is funny reading some of the comments.

If someone goes home and away and never misses a game, whether playing well or not, then fair play to you.

Personally, I have a season ticket and I travel away when work commitments, family commitments and finances allow me to do so. I have only been to three away games this season, and I'm aiming to make Blackpool my fourth, but I don't class myself as any more of, or any less of a fan than the next person.

I've either just "bit at a cast" or gone all serious with myself! ;D

dougcollins
29-03-2014, 09:00 AM
'What's the criteria for Blackpool tickets?

- get up early
- queue at Turf Moor from about 8.00am
- be a season ticket holder
- A?25 in your pocket

Any more?'

What's the criteria for those that don't live in/near Burnley?

KCClaret
29-03-2014, 09:35 AM
ost 3...loyal fan alert..
'I'm a better fan than you' FALSE
'I've bin goin' on for years' TRUE
'I saw Willie Irvine lakin' on Turf yonks ago..'TRUE
I never miss a match..never..'FALSE
'Season ticket holders are the bestest'FALSE
' Blooody walk - ons.. part - timers...call yerself a proper fan? FALSE
'Priority period for us YES !!'..it's only right' TOO TRUE

No need for that Hampstead. Where would the club be now without all the regulars?
Tragic Oaf - engage your brain before going near the computer.

ClaretTony2014
29-03-2014, 09:38 AM
"What's the criteria for those that don't live in/near Burnley?"

Buy them online and get them quicker than those who think joining a queue is the best idea

The_Exorcist
29-03-2014, 09:46 AM
How long does the priority period normally last? Can't see any details on the BFC site

Stealdo
29-03-2014, 10:16 AM
Foundation membership is the best option; had it for a couple of seasons now... Currently living in Spain but still great being able to get tickets easily enough, bring on Blackpool :P

ClaretTony2014
29-03-2014, 10:19 AM
"How long does the priority period normally last?"

Usually a week but they've not announced anything probably because they don't expect to have any left by then

ArnoldBenson
29-03-2014, 11:59 AM
As a long-term Claret living and working in Burnley this looks like being the fist time in years that I'm not going to be able to get a ticket for this fixture. Always enjoy this game, even that wet windy night in an open stand when Calvenes got the winner. Can't justify a season ticket, like many work commitments restrict how many matches I can attend. The now defunct Members scheme was useful, and accept that I should probably have taken advantage of the flexi-ticket scheme. Not got a problem with season ticket holders getting priority, just a shame not to go, and a shame that the odd poster does have a sueriority complex over fans like myself who've attended faithfully for 50 years plus but don't have a season ticket.
Edit: should say living and working in Blackpool

hampsteadclaret
29-03-2014, 02:24 PM
Well said Quattro and Arnold Benson..

You just don't get it KCClaret do you. Even in your second post you are not seeing it. Everyone knows that season ticket holders should get priority when there is no shortage of tickets. There is no debate about it, it is a sound policy, probably used at every professional club. There is no argument and no point bringing up 'what you think your rights are'.

You blunder in with your dismissive comments about non-season ticket holders and 'glory hunters'. Who do you think you are? I don't have a season ticket this season though I have had plenty. I was refereeing an under-18 match this morning (it was work) so was unable to travel up. I get to Turf Moor as often as I can bearing in mind my weekend responsibilities and the travelling involved. I will be at Watford on Saturday. Last time I had a season ticket I gave most of the match tickets away. I know 200+ Clarets who do not live near Burnley but who would consider themselves every bit as much a s

Quattro
30-03-2014, 10:34 AM
Hampstead: The way I see it is that we are all fans, it is just that some of us have personal circumstances which are more conducive to permit us to attend football matches - these could be work, childcare, finance, location.

If someone wants to talk football to me, and they are a Claret, I'll gladly talk without judging them - I wouldn't dream of asking them some qualifying questions first based on how many matches they attend.

Halifax88
30-03-2014, 11:39 AM
Its the clubs fault.

When are they going to see sense and arrange for "Super fan" status badges to be given to those wonderful human beings who watch Burnley through thick and thin and have no other commitments.

I'm sick to death of all the Johnny come latelys filling the Turf. Its a much better atmosphere when its just season ticket holders.

I love hearing their tales about how many scarfs they have and how many miles they have driven to attend every game.

Come on burnley - Please issue a Super Season Ticket with a free " Burnleys best fan" T Shirt for next year and issue these season tickets in a different colour so that these special super fans can quite rightly stand up and be honored.

Its only fair that they should also have 1 game every season where only season ticket holders can watch and are allowed to gain entry.

claretngreen
14-04-2014, 01:21 PM
I agree wholeheartedly