PDA

View Full Version : Leicesters turn to suffer...

OneNilWade
31-03-2014, 01:16 PM
Ok they gave us a bloody nose on Sat but it felt like we were boxing and only had one arm against their two..:O
i have a real feeling they are going to have a bad week just look at their fixtures ..top spot still up for grabs..B)

Championship

Wigan V Leicester
Tue 1 Apr 19:45
Championship

Leicester V Sheff Wed
Fri 4 Apr 19:45
Championship

Leicester V Brighton
Tue 8 Apr 19:45
Championship

Reading V Leicester
Mon 14 Apr 20:07
Championship

Leicester V QPR
Sat 19 Apr 12:15
Championship

Bolton V Leicester
Tue 22 Apr 20:00
Championship

Huddersfield V Leicester
Sat 26 Apr 15:00

Come on Burnley we can do it...:D

CardyTheClaret
31-03-2014, 01:19 PM
With the way they handled us so comfortably, all those fixtures will be a walk in the park. Wigan included.

lotty1
31-03-2014, 01:22 PM
Is there a reason they handled us so comfortably ?

Peter_Nobles_Wig
31-03-2014, 01:28 PM
I am hoping they turn over Wigan and QPR as easily as they handled us. Top spot for Leicester is almost assured but so is second for us!

daveisaclaret
31-03-2014, 01:30 PM
"Is there a reason they handled us so comfortably ?"

Yep, they're the best team in the league.

OneNilWade
31-03-2014, 01:38 PM
one point for them this week its gonna happen B)

I_Wood_Lovett
31-03-2014, 01:45 PM
... or before we lock horns with Watford they could be 12 points ahead plus a superior goals diff.

Claretforever
31-03-2014, 01:51 PM
My mind is all over the place how I would like this to work out. Part of me wants them to beat Wigan and QPR, the other wants them to lose. I feel that Wigan are a safe distance behind now to want them to beat Leicester. I then hope Leicester lose their next 3 after that, before beating QPR.

Okay, so we'd then have to go on an amazing run of games (again x 2), but if we get the rub of the green, and Ings comes back, it's possible. Anyway for now let's hope they lose, and we keep picking up points,

FCBurnley
31-03-2014, 02:01 PM
Be interesting to see if Vardy plays at Wigan. I was not sure if he was injured or it was a tactical substitution. Wondered if Pearson thought the physical presence of Wood would improve them. Vardy was struggling until he went off. Maybe he was injured. We will see.

ClaretTony2014
31-03-2014, 02:06 PM
Vardy has to go for a scan with a groin problem - looks as though he could be out a while

goddy2shoes
31-03-2014, 02:48 PM
I reckon it would be good for Leicester to lose to Wigan (and drop points elsewhere) not so much for us to try and catch 'em but more to ensure they still are not promoted by the time they play QPR.

All I'm interested in is promotion and securing second place is good enough for me. Leicester stuffing QPR will do as much for our own ambitions for promotion as anything imho...along with a few slip-ups from Derby, of course.

Rileybobs
31-03-2014, 02:50 PM
At the risk of picking up an unnecessary booking, there is absolutely no chance we will catch Leicester.

sheffieldturfite
31-03-2014, 03:25 PM
This season has just got even more unpredictable so in that we don't know if we will soon be at full strength or decimated (though the lack of good news before the season ticket deadline does not make me particularly optimistic), I would like Leicester to do badly until they play QPR then win please.

turnpikeclaret
31-03-2014, 03:25 PM
Agree with Rileybobs, we won't catch Leicester. Would be more than happy with second place and with as much help as they can give us.

Toby1
31-03-2014, 03:31 PM
It was only a few weeks ago that we had "no" injuries and since then and now we are 4 down (one suspended)! So just like in politics a week is a long time for things to go wrong, even with a big squad like Leicester have.. QPR have a big squad as well and look at them.

Lots of twists and turns yet I think.

ColinBlacklabel
31-03-2014, 03:57 PM
I don't mind Leicester finishing top, they can have it. Just as long they give QPR a mighty good tonking when they play.

The way I see it is that we have 2nd place to make sure we keep hold of. Anyone who faces QPR or Derby I wish them all the best.

CarletonClaret
31-03-2014, 04:34 PM
I'm with CB on this one.

I don't care what Leicester do and long may they continue winning especially against those just below us.

IF we can take top spot with a win at Reading then I'll change my opinion BUT only if we have already secured 2nd spot.

The Championship is not in our hands. 2nd place and promotion with all that it beings is.

ColinBlacklabel
31-03-2014, 04:41 PM
The potential problem with Leicester playing QPR, is that it could quite reastically come at a time when Leicester are already crowned champions and therefore don't need to go out guns blazing and beat QPR.

QPR could also still be in for a shout of 2nd place.

evensteadiereddie
31-03-2014, 06:40 PM
If QPR don't win at least three of those four games before they meet Leicester, they'll be well and truly screwed in terms of second place anyway.

dougcollins
31-03-2014, 08:56 PM
Forget Leicester - the only thing that matters for us is promotion.