PDA

View Full Version : More scare mongery...

OneNilWade
03-04-2014, 12:18 PM
As quick as a flash we are now all in danger of mass polution almost over night ...

if they create any more bogey men im not gonna bother leaving the house until i feel safe..:s

bleedingClaret
03-04-2014, 12:23 PM
It's OK Watford Play in Yellow so we'll still be able to see them, we should play in Claret rather than White and that way they'll lose us in the Smog.
UTC

sanemind
03-04-2014, 12:27 PM
I think you're scaring yourself by the looks of it.

All I've heard is that people with lung and heart complaints should be extra careful. A point which I am sure you will agree with?

DorsetDave
03-04-2014, 12:29 PM
Whilst I am in no way playing down the dangers of smog if this current spell of weather was not hanging over London it would barely make the news, never mind headline it.

spadesclaret
03-04-2014, 01:26 PM
It really is not good in Norfolk. You can see it, smell it and taste it. This is the second bad day here and I am noticing itchy eyes, tickly throat and dusty, dry mouth.

This is Norwich today
http://i57.tinypic.com/2e4jgop.jpg

Alp12Mac
03-04-2014, 01:49 PM
I have COPD and have a chest infection that is proving difficult to shake off, it's been over 3 weeks now. I'm on a second course of antibiotics and a course of steroids.

I went out today into the countryside as it's my day off and it's a great way to unwind. I could hardly see a thing and was struggling to breath properly so binned it after an hour.

It isn't a myth that's for sure.

OneNilWade
03-04-2014, 02:17 PM
Im sorry people suffer if they have a condition that effects breathing i genuinely am ...what im getting at is the way they always link things to whatever suits their agenda, ever since i was a kid we have seen periodically the red sand on cars and it just blows over when the wind direction hits a certain power and direction and smog in some citys is a problem too...

i might be cinical but it will be linked to the green issues and turn into just another tax..:(

Alp12Mac
03-04-2014, 02:34 PM
When I was visiting friends in Berlin back in the late 80's they couldn't hang their washing out because of all the stuff that used to blow in from 'Eastern Europe'.

They still do very little by way of regulating their pollution levels and I think we are getting a big dollop of that with the sand at the moment.

I agree we get a blast from the Sahara most years but don't think it's normally combined with the other muck.

The Bedlington Terrier
03-04-2014, 03:47 PM
Smog and floods down sarf. Whatever next?

spadesclaret
03-04-2014, 04:11 PM
Which is worse, smog or smug?

Bin_Ont_Turf
03-04-2014, 05:01 PM
It's only dust from the Sahara with a bit of French cigarette smoke mixed in.