PDA

View Full Version : Football league show

Chasey
06-04-2014, 07:25 AM
These muppets continue to ignore our achievements, and our fantastic season.

They show Leicester, QPR then Derby and then decide to give us a mention. Yet usually show the teams in league position order...

Clowns and disgraceful disrespect to our Club.

Hopefully won't have to watch it next season.

taio
06-04-2014, 07:36 AM
Didn't watch it last night but they have complimented us many times previously.

belgianclaret
06-04-2014, 07:37 AM
sorry, but I disagree this time.

Not the main game, but they were very complimentary to us I thought, even SC

wilks_bfc
06-04-2014, 07:39 AM
Usually yes they do

However they showed Leicesters game from Friday then QPR then Derby as they were the games/results that have sealed their promotion

Not an issue with it and to say they have continued to ignore us this season is a little bit laughable

Ashingtonclaret46
06-04-2014, 07:44 AM
Agree with wilks. The focus was on Leicester and the two teams who were relevant to their gaining automatic promotion yesterday.

Chasey
06-04-2014, 07:54 AM
Point taken re Leicester and their promotion but they nearly always show teams in position order, yet when its us they change the rules...

Will we be the focus now re second place in the coming weeks? I doubt it...

taio
06-04-2014, 07:59 AM
They have 72 teams to cover. I don't really get this media against us malarkey.

wilks_bfc
06-04-2014, 08:05 AM
Chasey I think you're overreacting a little tbh

They didn't change the rules when they came to us. It's what is done in games like this and only like MOTD do on the games that decide the title.
In fact they usually switch between the key games showing the highlights in order as the happen.

Ashingtonclaret46
06-04-2014, 08:07 AM
The Football League show gives lip service to the fact that there are 72 teams outside the Premier League competing on a weekly basis.

The coverage of League football on TV, radio and in the newspapers is absolutely abysmal. Nothing outside the PL matters as far as the media are concerned.

Goodclaret
06-04-2014, 08:10 AM
I think, definitely since the turn of the year, the FL show have been very complimentary about us. Prior to that they were (like 99% of the media) doubting our capabilities of maintaining our challenge. When they realised we weren't going away they have given us good coverage.

graeme
06-04-2014, 08:10 AM
Should we go up, wait till we are last every week on MOTD... ;D

LancasterClaret
06-04-2014, 08:13 AM
Nothing wrong with the coverage last night

Quite correctly concentrating on Leicester, and the games that affected them (ie QPR and Derby).

It was good to see that both praised our resilience, but very disappointed neither of them used "relentless".

taio
Goodclaret, to be fair most burnley fans didn't think we could maintain a push for automatic promotion. Just goes to show what a wonderful job Dyche and the players have done.

Ashingtonclaret46
"Should we go up, wait till we are last every week on MOTD... ;D"

Aye, then we will have even more moans because the glory hunters will have returned ;D

clareteria
06-04-2014, 08:17 AM
Agree entirely with Wilks. In the coming weeks I for one will not be bothered at all if they still mention Leicester first, cos it will only be short, because they will surely then mention the race for second, and we will be foremost in that. Also agree that they have been nothing but complimentary ALL season so far.

mdd2
06-04-2014, 08:29 AM
Absolutely nothing wrong with the way the programme went concerning us. Has Derby and QPR won I am pretty sure we would have been second on the prog; that they both lost, then the pecking order had to be as it was given Leicester's promotion.

Chasey
06-04-2014, 08:34 AM
Ok will take the red card and go! ;-( lol

As nothing else to moan about :-)

westmidsclaret
06-04-2014, 08:38 AM
Really in the grand scheme of things who gives a ****!

blackburnturfite
06-04-2014, 08:39 AM
Burnley have had praise from this programme on many occasions,however yesterday belonged to Leicester,and well done to them,our time will come soon.very soon.

p_wardie
06-04-2014, 09:01 AM
Serious paranoia from the original poster. Will be plenty of Burnley from here until promotion.

thewellernut70
06-04-2014, 09:03 AM
What I will say is that in the opening gambit we didn't even get a mention which for a team sat in 2nd on the brink of promotion is laughable.I understand the Leicester,QPR,Derby situation but to totally ignore us in the opening sequence...

RogerBest
06-04-2014, 09:13 AM
I think the media have been pretty kind to us this year and I get a positive reaction from new people I meet when they discover I am a Burnley fan partially because of this.

I expect the battle for the play off places to become the new focus on the FL Show, not because the media hate us but because the race for second is not really a race anymore as we have pretty much sewn it up. :D

blsclaret
06-04-2014, 09:13 AM
"Aye, then we will have even more moans because the glory hunters will have returned ;D"

Will we get as many this time Ashington ?
There was an awful lot last time, with endless stupid topics.
The price of success though.

No problem here with Leicester coverage, just thought we could have had a minute more considering our position.

blindmanonagalloping
06-04-2014, 10:27 AM
Can't agree with original poster. I know that most of the backroom staff in the BBC football studio are absolutely rooting for Burnley to be promoted. They love the way we've gone about our business apparently.

Rileybobs
06-04-2014, 10:47 AM
In a couple of weeks time we will be the main game and the other games at the top of the bill will feature the teams that have a say in our promotion. The paranoia about media coverage of Burnley is weird.

butterflyvenom
06-04-2014, 10:53 AM
I think there is a valid point here. Not just Football League show. I sometimes think none of the main shows on football choose to ignore us.
Certainly radio five does. I am more than happy that talk sport don't talk about our fortunes though. I wouldn't want our club to be tainted by association with that putrid excuse of a station.

butterflyvenom
06-04-2014, 10:54 AM
I wrote the bit about being ignored wrong, I meant to say they all ignore us.

taio
06-04-2014, 10:58 AM
Bv, we've featured several times this season on talksport and five live.

butterflyvenom
06-04-2014, 11:02 AM
If that is the case, I admit to being wrong taio.

BLS_Claret
06-04-2014, 11:07 AM
Two of the autocue readers on SSN referred to our third highest scorer as 'Airfield'. They will need to brush up on their pronunciations for next season - or maybe, like 'Reza', he should have 'Scott' on his shirt! :D

Quattro
06-04-2014, 11:10 AM
I watched it and it thought that they were complimentary towards Burnley, paying great respect towards our performance in both the game yesterday, and the entire season.

barrie_burn
06-04-2014, 12:18 PM
If Manish again refers to Trippier as if he was French I am going to explode.Has he ever travelled north of Watford?

Burnleyfan1966
06-04-2014, 12:26 PM
Never mind its MOTD next season .

Grogmir
06-04-2014, 12:31 PM
disagree with the OP, as others have said, it was shown that way as Lester won promotion.

The only two bits that made me chuckle were...

"No lets switch our attention to the other teams fighting for 2nd place - starting with Burnley". What other teams!? Just made me smile.

The stand out moment was the f'er from Leeds saying Wigan have the 2nd best squad in the league. No they don't you igit. We do. We're 2nd. Table doesn't lie.

Supersub6
06-04-2014, 01:07 PM
"If Manish again refers to Trippier as if he was French I am going to explode.Has he ever travelled north of Watford?"

As a sports journalist who supports Leicester and has presented programmes in the Midlands for years -- yes --he has travelled north of Watford.

mkmel
06-04-2014, 01:37 PM
How far further north of Watford,Hemel Hempstead?

Burnlea
06-04-2014, 01:43 PM
Think on the whole they've been quite complimentary about us this season. Just because we're not on 1st or on for 10 mins every week doesn't mean they don't like us, but do you really care if they don't ?

DorsetDave
06-04-2014, 01:56 PM
Not fussed when we feature in the first section. If our current position is good enough for Steve Claridge to back us for automatic promotion that is good enough for me.

Leicester deservedly had top spot on the programme, had we been in that position I would have expected the same.