PDA

View Full Version : Tricky Bob Lord Dilemma...Help!

fatboy47
07-04-2014, 08:06 AM
I've been lucky(?) enough to be offered a ticket for the BLS (Boro game-fairly central)

I've only used this stand once before (mid 80's as I recall).

On that occasion I found myself besides a scowling arthritc 70-something with a hacking cough, bad breath, a complexion like rotting kelp and a tendency to spit everywhere as he fired a 90 minute stream of abuse at the team/manager/referee/ball boys etc etc.

There seemed to be many similiar types around and this didn't enhance my "match day experience" as you can guess, and I've avoided the area ever since...but a free ticket is a free ticket and I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth...

What's my best bet ? Is it safe yet to return? Has there been any change in the last 30 years?

Rowls
07-04-2014, 08:08 AM
That man's definitely still there.

Somebody starts a thread about him after most home games.

mdd2
07-04-2014, 08:11 AM
After a course of CBT I no longer spit.
If you live up to your user though, won't you need two free tickets? :D

davet
07-04-2014, 08:20 AM
Eee them were the days... when nearly all ov us were like that

burtonwoodclaret
07-04-2014, 08:55 AM
You'll get old. one day fat boy, and maybe you'll understand the ravages of age. However I agree with you , no excuse for spitting or abuse. By the way, the wide wooden seats in the Bob Lord are fR more comfortable for ageing posteriors than the narrow plastic seats elsewhere.

Pieandapint
07-04-2014, 09:10 AM
In fairness to the Bob Lord resident from the mid 80's there was plenty to moan about! Harsh on the ball boys though! What ever happened to their pre match run to the centre and a wave to all four stands? :-D

ClaretTony2014
07-04-2014, 09:11 AM
"What ever happened to their pre match run to the centre and a wave to all four stands?"

Good shout that, I'd forgotten that one.