PDA

View Full Version : Could be tough on Chris...

OneNilWade
07-04-2014, 11:29 PM
With rumours rife that Trips and Danny are fit along with Marney back and Jones ok ...

Could be Baird drops to the bench which is tough but spose that's football ...

jimio143
07-04-2014, 11:34 PM
Been thinking about this one too, he hasn't really put a foot wrong since he came into the team.

He may yet well get a game if Jones has failed to sufficiently recover from his ailment, but in likelihood looks like he'll have to make do with the bench...

Still, nice to have these kinds of headaches with our relatively lean squad!

Bin_Ont_Turf
07-04-2014, 11:35 PM
He knew and we knew that he was brought in as cover.

Baird's been great and if there's any doubt about Trippier then Baird plays, and we don't look any weaker as a team if that's the case.

Quickenthetempo
07-04-2014, 11:44 PM
A good chance he could play as the 3rd midfielder in his proper position. Ings can come off the bench then if needed.

Bin_Ont_Turf
07-04-2014, 11:46 PM
His proper position?

Quickenthetempo
07-04-2014, 11:52 PM
He's a midfielder who can fill in at full back isn't he?

Bin_Ont_Turf
07-04-2014, 11:55 PM
No t'other way around for me.

daveisaclaret
07-04-2014, 11:56 PM
He's a right back who can fill in in midfield.

He's not as good as our right back or our midfielders, so he shouldn't be in the team if everyone's fit. Not convinced that's "tough" on him.

Notrigsbyscat
08-04-2014, 02:27 AM
he's playing his way into a PL contract next season, which is somewhat an improvement on his position a couple of weeks ago, when he was contract-less

Tripps every day of the week. How anyone can suggest the player with THE highest number of assists in the entire Football League should be excluded because Baird has done nothing wrong, is beyond me

jimio143
08-04-2014, 06:25 AM
Who said that then Notrigsbyscat? Can't see anything to suggest anyone here (myself included) thinks Trippier should keep the bench warm if fit :?

DiBranchio
08-04-2014, 06:28 AM
I don't think anyone has.
And I think Baird knew the score when he signed a short term contract.

pushpinpussy
08-04-2014, 06:36 AM
there's no way trippier wont play if hes fit.

The Bedlington Terrier
08-04-2014, 07:19 AM
This lad looks to be just the right sort for our squad. I can easily see him being offered a contract for next season - possibly the next two?

Jamb0MackemClaret
08-04-2014, 08:40 AM
Should be the first business we do this summer imo. Good cover for three or four positions and potentially a partner for Shackell next season too. Trippier obviously plays if he's fit though.

claretbucky1978
08-04-2014, 08:57 AM
Even though Duff has had the season of his life, he is just starting to turn off ever so slightly. This is not having a go at him, I remember the same happening with Alexander, its an age thing.

Hope Duff does get rewarded with an extra year though

I_Wood_Lovett
08-04-2014, 09:08 AM
I've been really impressed with Baird. He's come in just at the right time and has quietly done such a good job that we have hardly missed Tripps.

For the run in he is the perfect man to have on the bench. Versatile player, experienced with a cool head to come on and to close out a game and bolster the defence.

NottsClaret
08-04-2014, 09:21 AM
He's a really useful signing is Baird and doesn't seem the type to chuck a hissy fit when he's left out.

Tripps is better, but then he's better than all the other right backs in the league too. If there's any niggling doubt about his hamstring at least we won't feel like we need to rush him back.

SimplyClaret
08-04-2014, 09:22 AM
He has been very impressive, exceptional when you consider he hadn't played for a couple or three months. A testament to his fitness and easy to see why he is a "Dyche player" Hopefully more similar players to come if we get to the Promised Land and have a bit more brass to spend.

pancakepete
08-04-2014, 09:38 AM
He is our new Alexander.

wickdkewlclaret
08-04-2014, 10:09 AM
Chris is a professional, he can deal with the mentality of pecking orders I'm sure. We know he is someone we can rely on, composed and like I said very professional. It will only be a good thing if we can tie him down for year in the prem.

OneNilWade
08-04-2014, 10:19 AM
No i wasnt comparing the 2 they have both got great quality and i would pick tripp's for full back if fit,its a difficult one because he has added a real calm feeling that we will miss but in SD we trust every time ...:D

billyhamilton82
08-04-2014, 10:32 AM
Nice to have quality cover for Tripps which I honestly thought we wouldn't be able to do. Pure quality and a seamless transition. Tripps will play but also now knowing there is true competition for his place he can't ease off (not that he will of course)

File Baird under SD quality signings alongside Jones, Heaton, Arfield and Barnes.

ColinBlacklabel
08-04-2014, 10:45 AM
Dare I suggest a Baird RB + Trippier RM once promotion is sealed? :D

bleedingClaret
08-04-2014, 11:23 AM
Baird to start against Barnsley

Trippier to get the last 25mins

Trippier to start against Boro

Baird on the Bench

Baird replaces Trippier, for last 15, who leaves the pitch to a standing ovation having provided 3 assists

Burnley Promoted

Baird gets a 2 year Contract as cover for Trippier in the Premier League

Tough on Chris?

mgill87
08-04-2014, 11:30 AM
Baird knows what he's here for - he's done a very good job but Trippier will be back at RB when fully fit.

I'd like to see Baird partner Shackell at centre back next season (though I wouldn't be averse to us signing a new centre back).

socrates
08-04-2014, 11:36 AM
Very much like the Alexander comparison.

daveisaclaret
08-04-2014, 11:40 AM
Are we not getting a bit carried away here?

Chris Baird has two really crap seasons for Fulham, gets released, has four good games at right back for Burnley and all of a sudden he's the new Grezza, or the Premier League centre back of the future, and we should be tying him down to a two year deal?

claretspice
08-04-2014, 11:44 AM
"Chris Baird has two really crap seasons for Fulham, gets released"

I'm not sure this is true is it?

I think we all agree Trippier would come back in if he's 100% fit, but if not, Baird would stay at right back for me.

Trippier gives you more overall but Baird was excellent once more on Saturday and as I said on another thread, I wonder if its a coincidence that we've looked much more secure at set pieces in the last 4 games.

mgill87
08-04-2014, 11:47 AM
"Chris Baird has two really crap seasons for Fulham"

Did he? Are you referring to his final two seasons for Fulham?

bleedingClaret
08-04-2014, 11:47 AM
Thankfully, daviesaclaret, SD is the manager not me!

UTC

The Bedlington Terrier
08-04-2014, 02:54 PM
I only ever judge players in a Burnley shirt. Works every time..!

I_Wood_Lovett
08-04-2014, 02:58 PM

So did Arfield at Huddersfield, so did David Jones at Wigan ... oh! and so did Sam Vokes at Burnley.

Jamb0MackemClaret
08-04-2014, 03:00 PM
He wasn't that bad at Fulham anyway. And look at them now - hardly thriving without him. He also played plenty in central midfield in the last couple of years.

ksrclaret
08-04-2014, 03:02 PM

Out of interest, which stand do you sit in when you visit Craven Cottage?