PDA

View Full Version : Danny Graham

spineboy
16-04-2014, 05:48 PM
a possible promotion target?

looked a handful for duff/shack at the weekend.won his fair shareof headers. replacement for vokes

my guess is he would demand too much wages. but not sure how long his contract is for at sunderland?.

pushpinpussy
16-04-2014, 05:52 PM
sorry pal, rather have Danny Dyer.

spineboy
16-04-2014, 05:54 PM
haha

see link - view external link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0xEeqjGKUo)

damodamo
16-04-2014, 11:46 PM
'sorry pal, rather have Danny Dyer.'

really odd post

rossendaleareaclaret
17-04-2014, 05:57 AM
Not good enough just check his stats out this season in the premiership

I think Ross McCormack would be a great addition to the club

spineboy
17-04-2014, 06:10 AM
surely leeds wont sell him cheaply / on a low enough wage?

whereas sunderland may be wanting to offload maybe on loan? good cover.

only going off how he looked on sat and led the line well

pushpinpussy
17-04-2014, 06:47 AM
really odd post

just another way of saying i think he is absolute garbage. not rocket science.;D

Claretforever
17-04-2014, 06:52 AM
I got you, pushpinpussy. Just a play on the 'Danny'. :D

Peter_Nobles_Wig
17-04-2014, 06:54 AM
"I think Ross McCormack would be a great addition to the club"

Agreed if we could afford him.

Graham didn't impress me at weekend.

Boliclaret
17-04-2014, 06:59 AM
Not a patch on Connor Wickham who was one of SD's targets.

Unfortunately after his performance last night at City that ship may well have sailed.

Claretdj
17-04-2014, 07:53 AM
Yep that ship as set sail all the way to the championship.

pushpinpussy
17-04-2014, 07:57 AM
Wickham ticks all the boxes for me

bobinho
17-04-2014, 08:04 AM
I'm with Boli on this. Wickham would seem a natural fit into Sams position.

Nowt to say we couldn't bring in McCormack though, if the Mackems don't want to let Wickham go. As far as McCormack is concerned, players have more say in where they play than some would have you believe. A season in the Prem shop window, or another one at the countrys' joke club. No brainer.

In reply to the OP...no thanks. Way past his best and needs twenty chances for one goal.

claretspice
17-04-2014, 08:36 AM
Bit of a reality check needed here I think.

Conor Wickham will be on wages at Sunderland way in excess of those we will be paying if we go up. He'd likely cost a transfer fee way in excess of what we'd be looking to pay. So I'd say the chances of us signing him are slim to none existent.

MacCormack, too would cost a transfer fee significantly in excess of what we'd be looking to pay, certainly for a 28 year old, and he'd be more a replacement for Danny than Sam in any event.

Graham isn't actually a bad shout. He's had 3 seasons in the premier league - the first was excellent, 12 goals in 36 games for Swansea under Rodgers. The second wasn't great as Michu superseded him and the move to Sunderland didn't work out, and then of course the move to Hull didn't really work either.

But he's by a mile the most realistic replacement for Sam suggested on this thread. We've already seen what Dyche can do to rehabilitate self-doubting target men. Having worked (successsfully) with Graham befor

ClaretTony2014
17-04-2014, 08:38 AM
"sorry pal, rather have Danny Dyer."

I don't see Danny Dyer as a target to be honest

edison
17-04-2014, 09:26 AM
Danny Dyer or Kieran Dyer though? Who'd be more likely to get game time?

spineboy
17-04-2014, 09:32 AM
tedious link going on?!!!

keiron richardson?

edison
17-04-2014, 09:33 AM
"keiron richardson?"

What, this guy? - view external link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kieron_Richardson)

claretnorthwest14
17-04-2014, 09:41 AM
Wouldn't be surprised to see at least a loan bid for Graham depending on how long Vokes is out for.
Wasn't Dyche forced to sell him at Watford?

edison
17-04-2014, 09:47 AM
He was alright for Swansea wasn't he? Has done nothing much since.

the_quoon
17-04-2014, 10:06 AM
thought he was decent on saturday.

wouldn't want to buy him though.

ewanrob
17-04-2014, 10:19 AM
I thought his closing down was spot on, he gave our centrehalf's no time to pick their passes...great defending high up the pitch.

ClaretTony2014
17-04-2014, 10:19 AM
His Premier League record is 16 goals in 85 games.

touchline
17-04-2014, 10:25 AM
We are already making enquiries about a player at Leeds but it is not Ross McCormack.

braindead
17-04-2014, 10:27 AM
Sam Byram?

bobinho
17-04-2014, 10:29 AM
Ok if we are being realistic (and guessing about how little we will be spending should we get promoted) lets look at players who couldn't hit a barn door if they were locked inside it, just cos SD has previous with them???

Danny Graham is way past his best, the last few seasons would seem to bear that out, but if you want to make excuses for him, crack on.

Our recent history should be enough to prove what happens when you fail to speculate. IMHO, if we went up, signing Danny Graham would be the playing equivalent of signing Brian Laws as manager and expecting/hoping to stay up.

Lets wait to see what happens re promotion. If we go up, hopefully this board will realise that good footballers cost good money. I do understand we will be operating to a certain budget, but lets see what that is before saying who we can afford and who we can't. "Oh we can't afford him, so lets buy someone we can afford, despite him being ****e". If we are just enjoying our day in the sun, I'd rather go with

spineboy
17-04-2014, 10:34 AM
can i just tsay that i didnt know he sean had worked with him!!!

and that i am only basing the suggestion on how he looked on sat!

Quicknick
17-04-2014, 11:09 AM
Hadn't Graham left Watford before SD went there?

claretnorthwest14
17-04-2014, 11:33 AM
Signing Graham would be the equivalent of signing Brian Laws as manager? Have I just read that?

Next season is going to be a long one on here.

claretspice
17-04-2014, 11:41 AM
Dyche was assistant manager at Watford when Graham was there.

"Danny Graham is way past his best, the last few seasons would seem to bear that out"

We're talking about a player who, 2 seasons ago, scored 12 goals in 36 legue games, and who scored 3 goals in 10 league starts and a few sub appearances in the first half of last season (perfectly respectable) before getting a big-money move to Sunderland.

So, if you're writing him off, you're doing so on the basis of the last 18 months, not 'the last few years'. If you want to write him off on that basis, then "crack on".

Clearly, there won't be too many players available within our budget if we go up who, within the past 3 years, have managed a record of 15 league goals in 40-odd starts for a club at Premier League level. Leaving aside what may have happened to him during the last 12 months in which he was a PL footballer, that's a very decent record.

milwaukeeclaret
17-04-2014, 11:58 AM
Fabio Borini on loan if Liverpool deem him surplus to requirements? Looked Sunderland's best player this last few months and I hardly doubt Liverpool are in too much of a rush to have him back with the SAS up front. Big shout but you never know; being young Rodgers may feel he'd benefit from another season on loan and Dyche obviously has connections with Rodgers.

the_quoon
17-04-2014, 12:16 PM
"signing Danny Graham would be the playing equivalent of signing Brian Laws as manager"

you're giving laws far too much credit there.

spineboy
17-04-2014, 01:06 PM
like the borini shout.

mkmel
17-04-2014, 02:36 PM
Peterborough's Assambolonga who is big,powerful and scores goals and who cost them 1 million from Watford.

Barry Fry would probably say he's worth 50 million :) and we'd get him for 5 million.

Edit. I would hazard a guess that Assambolonga was at Watford when Sean Dyche was there so should know each other.

bobinho
17-04-2014, 03:13 PM
"Signing Graham would be the equivalent of signing Brian Laws as manager? Have I just read that?"

Yes, you have. You must have 'cos you have replied to it. Actually, you haven't. My point is that signing Graham, would in my opinion, be a little underwhelming and in no way a statement of intent to stay in the PL. Just like the appointment of Laws was.

"Next season is going to be a long one on here."

How would you know? You aint actually been on here for a full season yet.

pushpinpussy
17-04-2014, 03:31 PM
He can't run. He can't pass. He can't shoot. Other than that, id have him as back up if Gilchrist got injured.;D

the_quoon
17-04-2014, 03:42 PM
"Not a patch on Connor Wickham who was one of SD's targets."

still is.

ashtonlongsider
17-04-2014, 04:01 PM
I personally wouldn't want to sign the guy even if we remained in the Championship. How he didn't get booked or sent off even on Saturday was beyond me. He was blatantly leading with his elbows or backing into defenders the whole time.

retro2010
17-04-2014, 04:19 PM
Steven fletcher back for me - if we can afford his wages

claretnorthwest14
17-04-2014, 04:31 PM
Maybe if we appointed a manager who's proved he can get the most out of players. Oh hang on

sheffieldturfite
17-04-2014, 05:08 PM
I would bet my house that Dyche will have Wickham as his top target rather than Graham.

Young, huge, British and loaded with talent - I actually thought he was rubbish the other night until his goals and generally has been in the Premier but if Dyche gets the same improvement percentage out of him that he got from Vokes, Wickham would be up there with the Jay Rods and Lamberts of this world.

It will come to the point when players join us out of faith that Dyche will make them much better, and ultimately, much richer ;-)

Quicknick
17-04-2014, 05:14 PM
How long has he got left on his contract at Sland?

superdimitri
17-04-2014, 07:17 PM
If we get promoted, I think Troy Deeney would be a more probable replacement.

Was out of favour at Watford until Dyche was manager, Dyche had faith in him and hes been in the team and scoring well since.

He can hold up the ball like Vokes and has scored a fair few too.

BFC12345
17-04-2014, 09:18 PM
"How long has he got left on his contract at Sland?"

12 months at the end of the season. They paid A?8m, rising to A?12m. Hasn't lived up to his potential, but neither did Vokes at Wolves (or us initially) and look what Dyche has done to him. We would also have a proven Championship goalscorer (8 in 11 for Wednesday) should we come straight back down. I'd be very happy if we signed him. Then get someone like Patrick Bamford in on loan who can play up front or out wide until Vokes is back and that's the attack sorted.

Quicknick
17-04-2014, 09:32 PM
I wonder how much he's on, though. Apart from the transfer fee that could well be a stumbling block.