PDA

View Full Version : Cheaper Rail Tickets - any codes or vouchers out there???

HotshotBobbyW
20-05-2014, 05:42 PM
please. Or any way i can get reduced fares for travelling as single traveler .

Not eligible for any Travel cards and the Ticketysplit App is not useful at all.

Thanx in advance .

coolschips
20-05-2014, 05:55 PM
train is quite dear mate ,,why dont ya get a coach ?

HotshotBobbyW
20-05-2014, 06:23 PM
train is quite dear mate ,,why dont ya get a coach ?

It is mate but the coach is too long as i need regular stops at short notice due to Gastric Issues. A car would be more suitable as i could stop when and where, the next option is the train. Thanks anyway for your reply .

Archiemiller
20-05-2014, 07:19 PM
Whatever happened to the B.R.Football Specials? If they charged 50 kwid return how many trains would we fill (toilets,food and drink on board)what a way to travel down to wembers.And no bank holiday traffic to worry about.:blue: :blue:

Deepmidwinter
20-05-2014, 07:25 PM
Whatever happened to the B.R.Football Specials? If they charged 50 kwid return how many trains would we fill (toilets,food and drink on board)what a way to travel down to wembers.And no bank holiday traffic to worry about.:blue: :blue:

I think they got fed up of them being wrecked and having to send for the police to remove drunken brawling yobs - the pussies

Corner
20-05-2014, 07:29 PM
Plenty coaches going have toilets on them. See if there's any spare seats - plenty of threads about! Much cheaper option than driving yourself - unless you have a full car of course.

Or you could ask if anyone has a spare seat in their car?

Train quite an expensive option, coupled with tube strikes, not looking attractive either!

Good luck :)

MagyarMiller
20-05-2014, 07:46 PM
I know people took the p155 out of Preston fans for getting tickets before they were in the final, but it could be worth going on their board and asking if anybody wants to get rid.
There were some really good offers that they will have got. Around 20 to 25 quid return.

The downside is that the tickets are likely to be going through Manchester, but not going via South Yorkshire.
I know it could be a bit of a ballache getting there and back, but if it's not a problem getting to Manchester or one of the other stops on the route to Euston, you might drop lucky.

By the way, the board I looked at was pneonline.
Not the footymad site for preston, that one's like a ghost-town.