PDA

View Full Version : A Fathers Dream...

Johno2012
27-05-2014, 03:25 PM
My voice has just come back after 48 hours of sounding like Barry White!

I just wanted to say what an absolute pleasure it was to share that fantastic day with 20,000 millers but for me the highlight of OUR day was when Orient missed the last penalty I looked at my 10 years old lad (millers through and through) and he was sobbing his little heart out with pure joy!!!

I would pay my last penny to see that show of pride and emotion etched upon his face again.

UTM

ExeterMiller
27-05-2014, 03:34 PM
I echo that, my lad born & bred in Exeter but Rotherham United through his veins.

Bit miffed I got the text 20mins after setting off up here yesterday the parade was tonight, I was so adamant it'd be this weekend so shirts stayed in the wash basket!

ScarboroughMiller
27-05-2014, 04:25 PM
I know what you mean pal, my lad was with me too, never seen such emotion from him. Loved it.

millyTHEmiller
27-05-2014, 05:22 PM
a dream for me too. i had my 4 year old with me. he may not remember it but i have loadz of photos that im gona get printed off. one of the best days of my life

Millerman55
27-05-2014, 07:11 PM
What got me was that fans who where sat around me we all just hugged each other never seen this before complete strangers most of them.
Then I have also got to say that when the match kicked off I had a bloke sat at the side of me with his son who at half time when we 2 down said to his son come on lets go bet he wished he had stayed

coolschips
27-05-2014, 07:34 PM
same for me ..my 6 year old football mad son hasnt stopped singing ,,in the show red army ..out on our balcony we are going up say we are going up ...all round town this evening evans is our king ,,i just cant shut him up,,he was even sleep(fotball playing) walking,,he is buzzing to say the least

loving every minute but the mrs is getting fed up with him XD XD XD XD

Archiemiller
27-05-2014, 08:14 PM
My voice has just come back after 48 hours of sounding like Barry White!

I just wanted to say what an absolute pleasure it was to share that fantastic day with 20,000 millers but for me the highlight of OUR day was when Orient missed the last penalty I looked at my 10 years old lad (millers through and through) and he was sobbing his little heart out with pure joy!!!

I would pay my last penny to see that show of pride and emotion etched upon his face again.

UTMThats why i always sing this song with pride "when i was young my father said SON I have something to say" you all know the rest or you should do,and if you dont learn it and join in next season. U.T.M.