PDA

View Full Version : O'Connor

royalfunkness
27-05-2014, 07:00 PM
O'connor has just tweeted that he's enjoyed his time at NYS so I suppose that means he's leaving.

I liked him but don't think he's Championship level and for me this means there is space for Smallwood. Really hope we push for him.

All the best Michael, thanks for your service! UTM

royalfunkness
27-05-2014, 07:02 PM
Apologies...was writing these as the others popped up! Mods please remove

ScarboroughMiller
27-05-2014, 07:02 PM
It'll be sad to see him go but he does have a groin issue that isn't going to get better. Good luck to him, and a huge thank you from me.

mygiddypant
27-05-2014, 07:05 PM
If going, thanks Michael for some wonderful memories. Best wishes for your future.

shytalk
27-05-2014, 07:06 PM
How do you know his groin issue isnt going to get better,are you a Doctor?

TMiller
27-05-2014, 07:10 PM
I wonder who else will be told they can go...claude, tidser, worrall, shearer

C_Millers
27-05-2014, 07:10 PM
Prior to getting injured with Ireland he made things look so easy, was a joy to watch.

Sad to see him go because he's one of the best players we've had for a while.

millertop
27-05-2014, 07:22 PM
Good player and loved having him play for us but you can see since he's come back from injury he hasn't been the same and I'm afraid I don't think he is good enough to move up with us :(

Evans said he's spoke to some players today and gave them the good/bad news.
O'connor wasn't at the parade so maybe his was bad news, if so then from the bottom of my heart I wish him the very best of luck .

Arnie also was missing, international duty or bad news?

Edit, just seen his tweet, he has gone.

nickm0703
27-05-2014, 07:36 PM
Arnason is on international duty accordiny to the interview with Steve Evans on sky sports.. - view external link (http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9327950/evans-keen-to-keep-arnason)

RonniesFanClub1
27-05-2014, 07:38 PM
If he`s leaving, then a BIG thank you to O`Connor for his truly great performances over the last 2 seasons...his contributions have been significant at times!

GOOD LUCK MICHAEL!!!!

audimiller
27-05-2014, 07:48 PM
Expected hed been told something when we saw him drive away from new york stadium whith his kid ten minutes before the parade bus left. Thanks for everything Michael

millertop
27-05-2014, 07:49 PM
Don't go to Bury Michael, you're better than that

royalfunkness
27-05-2014, 07:54 PM
It's a shame that he didn't at least have a part in the parade. It may have been his choice not to take part, but it's not right that he's not involved.

I agree with his departure as I've already said, but he should have celebrated this seasons fantastic achievement with the fans in Rotherham.

Good luck Michael, hope you get over your injury problems and get a club that will play you week in week out.

jakethemiller
28-05-2014, 05:41 AM
Thanks Michael for all you've done with the millers, one of my favourite players. brought real class into the side

Gainsbro_Miller
28-05-2014, 06:15 AM
Thanks Michael for all you've done with the millers, one of my favourite players. brought real class into the side

Agree with that.

But, it was reported before Xmas that his injury/condition would deteriorate and unfortunately it is showing in his recent/rare appearances that he doesn't look like the same player as last season, when he was one of the candidates for player of the season.

Hope he finds a club locally as I know he's stated previously that he has a young family and is settled in the area.

Jay13
28-05-2014, 11:33 AM

Agree with that.

But, it was reported before Xmas that his injury/condition would deteriorate and unfortunately it is showing in his recent/rare appearances that he doesn't look like the same player as last season, when he was one of the candidates for player of the season.

Hope he finds a club locally as I know he's stated previously that he has a young family and is settled in the area.[/quote]

I echo that, its been apparent since his return that he has slowly been loosing pace and generally looked like he was really fighting through it, fair play to the man. Sad to see him leaving but we cant afford to be overly sentimental, not with the up hill battle we will be fighting (again).

millerman_in_newyork
28-05-2014, 02:41 PM
Not surprised about this decision as there was a hint when SE said he needed to be in the team regularly to earn a new contract. Nevertheless, he's been a great signing and a class act who will be remembered affectionately. Good luck to him in finding a new club.

CaptainDonjer
28-05-2014, 02:45 PM
Was a crucial player last year and injuries seem to have scuppered his chances of a new deal, never seemed like same player in the limited opportunities towards the end.

I'm sure several decent League One sides will sign him up pretty quick so long as he is fit.

leedsmiller
28-05-2014, 03:10 PM
A rapid and sad decline from being one of the firsts on the teamsheet to being shown the door. But football can be a cruel game. We were desperately in need of some class in midfield when he arrived and he certainly provided that. Who can forget that first minute wonder strike against Bradford.

All the very best, Michael.

kempo
28-05-2014, 03:17 PM
Big thanks to him...played a significant part and always gave of his best.

May be his chronic injury maybe he didnt always see eye to eye with the manager but good luck to him.

Sorry if he felt that he should not attend all the celebrations as the fans would have welcomed him with open arms.

luvpud
28-05-2014, 07:41 PM
Good look to him my favourite player over last two years , thanks Michael for all your effort especially that goal against bradford .

Donald_Valley
28-05-2014, 07:42 PM
Back to Scunnie by all accounts