PDA

View Full Version : Jordi Gomez

tybfc
29-05-2014, 07:56 PM
Gone from Wigan to Sunderland.

jedi_master
29-05-2014, 08:02 PM
Good player, good signing.

Made a couple of good signings so far have Sunderland. If they keep Johnson and Wickham continues his form from the end of last season, I cannot see them being in a relegation battle.

spunkybackpack21
29-05-2014, 08:07 PM
Did nothing at the Turf, save a couple of decent set piece deliveries. Taken off eventually.

He's talented, but think he needs too much time on it. Don't think he was played regularly when Wigan were in the PL.

belgianclaret
29-05-2014, 09:16 PM
not PL standard IMO

The Bedlington Terrier
30-05-2014, 07:10 AM
Lovely player but not SD's type.

hello_dave
30-05-2014, 09:53 AM
I was unimpressed with him at the turf, he looks like he performs when he wants.

claretspice
30-05-2014, 10:02 AM
As others have said, a decent player in a team which wants to monopolise possession and is prepared to sacrifice a bit of mongrel when it doesn't have the ball to achieve that.

He's not the most mobile, or tenacious, but he moves the ball around nicely. We showed in the promotion game he can be disrupted by a team that gets in his faces.

Him and Bridcutt will be an interesting partnership next season but there will certainly be unanswered questions. I don't think Sunderland's safety is guaranteed next season.

Jamb0MackemClaret
30-05-2014, 01:40 PM
"Don't think he was played regularly when Wigan were in the PL."

42 appearances according to Soccerbase, including cup games. 29 the year before, 20 the year before that, 25 before that. Played more than he's missed by a distance.

He's a good player, probably about Sunderland's level. Wouldn't have been disappointed if we'd signed him. He was rubbish at the Turf, but most of the Wigan team was that day. - view external link (http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=49478&season_id=142)