PDA

View Full Version : Mod,Hells Angel,Punk or Skinhead

theentertainer
05-06-2014, 09:28 PM
Which of the above were you or would have been if you had to choose and why.
Myself would have been a mod,smart clothes and a scooter full of mirrors.Could just myself having a weekend at the coast with hundreds more.

Deepmidwinter
05-06-2014, 09:29 PM
Prefect

scum_triumphant
05-06-2014, 09:32 PM
If you've got a blacklist I want to be on it.

villamiller
05-06-2014, 09:32 PM
new romantic XD XD XD XD

gramiller1959
05-06-2014, 09:34 PM
one of the flower power - view external link (www.google.co.uk/search?q=flower+power&client=firefox-a&hs=JMM&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=fflb&tbm=isch&imgil=IcqexZPv)

jocksgloves
05-06-2014, 09:34 PM
You wafched quadraphenia last night didn't you? Started as glam rock fan, then hippish heavy rock fan, punk, bluesman. They were all great.
Would have probably been a rocker in the early 60's, had I have been old enough.

scum_triumphant
05-06-2014, 09:35 PM
new romantic XD XD XD XD

Old codger.

villamiller
05-06-2014, 09:44 PM
new romantic XD XD XD XD

Old codger.[/quote]
scum ..loved the sex pistols album ...recorded in america .i think but just was swearing and not much music ...the punk bands that you go on about were not a patch on the true greats like Karen carpenter ...voice of an angel and the legend ELVIS ... XD XD

1960smiller
05-06-2014, 09:51 PM
Mod, Great clothes,great music.

scum_triumphant
05-06-2014, 09:58 PM
new romantic XD XD XD XD

Old codger.[/quote]
scum ..loved the sex pistols album ...recorded in america .i think but just was swearing and not much music ...the punk bands that you go on about were not a patch on the true greats like Karen carpenter ...voice of an angel and the legend ELVIS ... XD XD[/quote]

I'm not comparing them mate and wouldn't do. I much more of a clash man than a pistols fan.
I love the stuff that's born from Jamaican Ska. But I love all different types of music which I was never a mod, punk, rudeboy , skinhead et al. Just a bit of all of them.
Nowt up with Elvis. Punch The Clock is a great album.

jolly_roger
05-06-2014, 10:26 PM
A privateer of course.

Lasterman
05-06-2014, 10:27 PM
Never been one for aligning myself to one 'club' or another (I'm with Groucho Marx on that) but in more recent years am finding myself drawn towards skinhead from your list for some reason. Mainly necessity I think.

ScarboroughMiller
05-06-2014, 10:40 PM
Out of that lot I suppose I'd be a Mod but I'm a Soulie. :)

Ludlowmiller
05-06-2014, 11:32 PM
During 1960's/70's youth club days at Parkgate Miners & Rawmarsh Congs...a Mod, through and through.

Wrangler Cords, Fish tailed Parka jacket and desert boots all day, every day.

First guitar and piano scores I learned were "I'm one" and "5.15" by The Who... mod classics.

vespabri
06-06-2014, 01:47 AM
Mod/Motown/Soulie type bloke.!!

The only music i don"t care for(other than the modern shyte house/garage stuff) is reggae.

Love a bit of driving Rock stuff in the waggon.

thaimillerfan
06-06-2014, 03:10 AM
I was a mod in the 60s, A scooter with mirrors furs etc. Brighton,, Skeggy, Blackpool,We travelled all over the country.Used to know about 4 guys but the link up of scooters was 100+.
Great days yep Levi wranglers and of course soul music.
This old heart of mine Isley Bros - view external link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7jQ3jsXCF8)

ParkgateMiller
06-06-2014, 04:26 AM
Would have probably been a rocker in the early 60's, had I have been old enough.

Me too, probably.

It was my Dad who unwittingly directed me towards the fashion/cult that I eventually embraced. I wanted long hair - thought it looked 'cool'. Dad had been just too young to have fought in WWII - he was 16 when the war finished but he'd done his 2 years National Service and was an absolute stickler for 'short back'n'sides' and I'd be frog-marched to the barbers if my hair so much as touched my collar.

Anyway, I took myself to the barbers one day after reading a cult novel of the time, written by a bloke called Richard Allen. It was (I think) 1969. I had already begun my enduring love affair with The Millers and stood on the Tivoli End kop.

The book was 'Skinhead'!

I had my head shaved. Dad was appalled! He didn't like it THAT short!

I was a bit of a misfit though. 69/70/71. I liked a bit of Reggae but there was some amazing

Bonneville
06-06-2014, 06:34 AM
When 77 came along I was an average kid in the army listening to heavy stuff mainly, posted to Cyprus and someone mentioned the Pistols and Punk Rock I wasn't familiar with any if it, discovered a pirate radio station that played a smattering of punk stuff, and from that day forward been commited to the cause ever since, it was an eye opener to me, so I got me a few mates and did the diy band thing which as time went by was a great bit of fun with a few harry moments nazi skins saluting us on stage in Berlin, met some good people as well, 54 now and still stick the old stuff on, a number of bands from that era still playing and recording, also a big dub fan.

gm_gm
06-06-2014, 07:21 AM
new romantic XD XD XD XD

Old codger.[/quote]
scum ..loved the sex pistols album ...recorded in america .i think but just was swearing and not much music ...the punk bands that you go on about were not a patch on the true greats like Karen carpenter ...voice of an angel and the legend ELVIS ... XD XD[/quote]

Ditto..

Great fashion! girls hair, girls shoulder pads in my suits, make up...those were the days