PDA

View Full Version : Shaun Dyche: Gentleman

SandbachBFC
13-06-2014, 10:40 PM
At @ 230pm today I answered the phone...'Is that Andrew"..."Yes"... "Hi, It's Shaun Dyche. I'm with one of your mates and he told me about what a big fan you are, and your boys, and although we can't touch base with everyone, I just wanted to to ring you to say thank you for your support and tell you how much it means to us as a team." Then followed a 5-10 minute conversation where we chatted about Burnley as a town, a team and a mentality. I thanked him for some wonderful games, some great memories and getting rid of that 35 year old monkey on our backs. He thanked me for our support and loyalty, and confirmed that 'whatever happens ...after beating them' he doesn't think he'll need to buy a drink in Burnley ever again. I wish we could have talked for longer ...but we didn't. Privileged to have HIM call ME. I know he's not on Clarets Mad, but thanks to David Brookes. I'm just glad you talked him out of calling when we'd all had a few or it could have got a bit messy and emotional. Tha

egg_fried_rice
13-06-2014, 10:50 PM
Wonderful stuff it seems we have a team and manageof approachable gentlemen who don't have massive Ego's and have time for the fans. I've hard of Danny Ings chatting to fans and being very respectable and approachable and it seems Dyche is the same . Having people like this at our club makes me proud to be a claret , I hope both sign new contracts and we go onto have a great season . UTC

jdrobbo
13-06-2014, 10:50 PM
Is Shaun Dyche the footballing equivalent of Bary Garlow?

SandbachBFC
13-06-2014, 11:15 PM
He's refreshing. No ..'look at me' Billy Big *******s. Top chap. Also met him at the Supporters Club Awards 'do' and just the same. No pretence. Not sure he'll ever be a true Claret, far too professional to commit, but he 'gets' Burnley, believes, and understand us. He'll go in my list of 'legends'. Fair play & thank you.

RhodesyClaret
13-06-2014, 11:38 PM
Excellent stuff!! :)

He's obviously a fella who understands that small things can make a big difference! Brilliant!

I think the Grey Mourinho will be envious! ;)

cloughyclaret
14-06-2014, 06:58 PM
This is brilliant, what a lovely lovely man. Must have made your week :)

SandbachBFC
14-06-2014, 07:50 PM
Cloughy, it was a bit surreal to be honest. Made my week though - you're right!