PDA

View Full Version : Shaw 27m, Lallana 25m

ClevelandBrown
27-06-2014, 01:47 PM
Wonder how much Southampton will get for Jay when he eventually moves on?

Wonder how big our slice of it will be!

silkyskills1
27-06-2014, 02:41 PM
I wonder how they arrive at such incredible price-tags, and especially in this case Luke Shaw. What exactly has he done or achieved to merit this?

ColdPieWarmBeer
27-06-2014, 02:52 PM
They're clearly paying for the potential with Shaw. There's no way he's worth that on current ability, but you also need to take into account the inflationary effect of last year's new TV deal compared with a few years ago.

NJclaret
27-06-2014, 03:11 PM
Going to be an interesting year for Southampton losing Shaw, Lallana, Lambert and possibly more.

Great opportunity for chambers and Ward prowse and other youngsters

silkyskills1
27-06-2014, 03:13 PM
Both you and I have seen countless players over the years,I'm sure, at Turf Moor, nationally and also internationally with 'potential' who have failed to realise it or quite simply not got any better. If he's worth that he surely ought to be his country's first-choice left-back so what is Baines worth?

Jamb0MackemClaret
27-06-2014, 03:18 PM
I imagine Shaw will be England's first choice now. Baines didn't nail down the place.

ColdPieWarmBeer
27-06-2014, 03:21 PM
Yeah, true, that. That's the risk-he could just stall. Problem is, if UTD don't pay it then someone else will. I reckon Baines has peaked, personally, and they were willing to throw twenty-odd million at him last summer. (To no avail, like). He's almost a decade older than Shaw, too.

Edit-yeah, agree with the Baines comment. Reckon Shaw will be in the starting XI come the Euro qualifiers. Baines didn't exactly cover himself in glory v Italy and Uruguay. That said, neither did the bloke standing next to him.

lotty1
27-06-2014, 03:21 PM
Would it be fair to say that these fees turn players' heads and they move to a bigger club , don't play regularly and then don't progress . Rodwell would possibly be a prime example and there are many more .
Maybe that's not helping the England team either .

ColdPieWarmBeer
27-06-2014, 03:27 PM
Zaha being another example. Evra is getting on a bit, though, so it's safe to assume Shaw is in UTD's long term plans, given that Buttner is off to Russia. I'm convinced Rodwell and Sinclair were only signed by City to make up the home-grown players quota. That said, Rodwell has had a $hittonne of injuries over the last few years.

NJclaret
27-06-2014, 04:22 PM
I agree with the above posts, Shaw will be England's left back moving forward. Haines did nothing for me, poor defending and poor deliveries which was supposed to be a positive for him.

Also I think Jagielka did himself no favour sat centre back.

Hart

New RB
Cahill
New CB
Shaw

Wiltshire (if he bulks up a little)
Barkley
Lallana
Ox
Sterling

Sturridge

CasaDeClaret
27-06-2014, 04:38 PM
Trippier for RB

Wiltshire (I'm not sure whether you're trolling spelling it like that)

belgianclaret
27-06-2014, 04:46 PM
You guys need a world class goalie - which Hart is not.

whittyclaretandblue
27-06-2014, 09:26 PM
I would have Ben Foster instead of Hart

stevie_thunder
27-06-2014, 09:29 PM
"Haines did nothing for me"

But he writes a good car maintenance book.

Yes, I know it's spelt differently.

rhinosleeds
27-06-2014, 09:50 PM
I think if Trippier starts of with a bang in the Premier league i think he will be in the squad, only Walker at Spurs and the disappointing Johnson at Liverpool who could rival him IMO

Claret4ver
28-06-2014, 06:49 AM
I agree I really do think Trippier has more than a decent shout this year. He needs a good season. He is definitely good enough

shoreclaret
28-06-2014, 01:51 PM
If you think a Burnley player will play for England your very optimistic, we barely get them in the under 21s when they play out of their skin.