PDA

View Full Version : O/T Sons teacher refusing to accept New York!!!

sunburntmiller
28-06-2014, 12:51 PM
Sorry guys bit of a rant:>:(

Yesterday at my 7 year olds school (in Wakefield)they have a non uniform day where Kids could go a sportspeople, superheroes etc...

My son goes in his Rotherham kit (tells his glory supporting Messi/Ronaldo fanboys hes Alex Revell B) so proud).

Anyways in class they are asked to talk about football stadiums and my son says New York naturally... well Mrs Teacher says no that isnt a stadium and refuses to put it up on the board upsetting my son after he tries to argue it. Now I know were by no means a BIG club but she put Elland road up there (same division of course) Should I leave it or say something I mean its upsetting for him really.

Any advice would be appreciated cheers and sorry for long post.

leedsmiller
28-06-2014, 01:34 PM
Speaking from past experience relatively small things can have a lasting, psychological effect on young children so it's better to address them early rather than risk them festering. Whether this is such an instance is impossible to say but to help take away his obvious distress I'd mention it to the teacher, hoping she'll accept her mistake. An apology in front of the class would be the best way forward but failing that if she could take him aside and apologise personally I'm sure that would help.

filipefelop
28-06-2014, 01:34 PM
Definitely have a word. Sounds like the educator needs educating :(

Another plan would be to get on the board of governors then slowly elect more millers onto the board then when teacher vacancies arise you can employ millers supporting teachers and get Rotherham Uniteds history put on the curriculum, job done.;D

royalfunkness
28-06-2014, 01:40 PM
Yes, you should say something. Children, especially in school, should not be told they're wrong when they are right, especially in front of their class mates.

Brin
28-06-2014, 01:42 PM

Yesterday at my 7 year olds school (in Wakefield)they have a non uniform day where Kids could go a sportspeople, superheroes etc...

My son goes in his Rotherham kit (tells his glory supporting Messi/Ronaldo fanboys hes Alex Revell B) so proud).

Anyways in class they are asked to talk about football stadiums and my son says New York naturally... well Mrs Teacher says no that isnt a stadium and refuses to put it up on the board upsetting my son after he tries to argue it. Now I know were by no means a BIG club but she put Elland road up there (same division of course) Should I leave it or say something I mean its upsetting for him really.

Being snubbed/humiliated in front of your class can have lasting effects plus if the teacher isn't addressed your Son may go through his school years there thinking she may have a hold on him

gramiller1959
28-06-2014, 01:48 PM
send the bitch a photo :)

edit .. print this and send it - view external link (http://www.themillers.co.uk/news/article/he-can-be-anything-he-wants-to-be-says-evans-1696265.aspx)

kempo
28-06-2014, 01:55 PM
I fear that this traumatic incident could have an everlasting effect on your son.

its is very likely that he will develop dysxleia and ADHD but at least this will show the world that he is actually far more intelligent than the rest of us.

i do know a similar case where a young lad had an almost identical experience and he now throws himself on the floor in Lidl supermarkets shouting 'my legs dont move' and whistling a famous Sinatra tune!

I would book him in for statementing immediately as this will open many doors to further education and buy some Ritalin from the nearest Oxbridge student to treat his iatrogenic condition.

i am sorry to here of this dreadful but far too common incident but hope that my advice will help your son through his mental turmoil.

The teacher in question needs to join her many colleagues on the sick with whiplash or post traumatic stress disorder...failing this she could run off to Paris with a teenage pupil for French lessons

elvisisamiller
28-06-2014, 01:56 PM
maybe she was a Bradford or orient fan still in mourning ,get your son a big poster of nys and tell him to stand in front of class and show everyone ,and complain to the headmaster about what happened as well

masta_2009
28-06-2014, 03:34 PM
I am a teacher and would urge you to take it up with her and make sure it is sorted fully to your satisfaction. She should set an example and apologise in front of the class.

I'd also at the end of the school year send her a cheeky thank you card with a picture of NYS on the front.

I'm really annoyed that she didn't have the nounce to go online and check it for the sake of 2 mins! It's common sense and a basic rule of teaching to check stuff like that if you're unsure- that said it could have been an honest mistake.

Let us know what happens

jolly_roger
28-06-2014, 03:48 PM
...or you could just go for the public execution.

Can't have poor little Johnny being traumatised.

mattsheffmiller23
28-06-2014, 03:52 PM
I would be fuming at this I tell thee. I would print a picture off ov the New York stadium and go and shove it in her mush and say now stick that on your board because the New York is actually the best stadium in Yorkshire bitch

millertop
28-06-2014, 04:07 PM
The teacher might have got confused somewhat but yes you should have a word and take evidence of NYS in the same league as Leeds.

Get your son his favourite takeaway to cheer him up and let him know the teacher didn't mean to upset him personally ( I hope )

JohnLeedsMiller
28-06-2014, 04:30 PM
maybe she was a Bradford or orient fan still in mourning ,get your son a big poster of nys and tell him to stand in front of class and show everyone ,and complain to the headmaster about what happened as well

If she is a Bradford fan she has probably wiped the stadium from memory, just to be able to continue to live a normal life.

ExeterMiller
28-06-2014, 04:55 PM

Teacher is a disgrace in the manner how he/she has handled this. Give em what for, and tell he / she as a professional who bases their working life on facts, needs to fully research them firs

kentmillerman
28-06-2014, 04:57 PM
Another example of our education system and its peers.

jolly_roger
28-06-2014, 05:08 PM
...and the way we molly coddle our kids.

ozzymiller
28-06-2014, 05:10 PM
I am sorry to say I would take the same stance as the teacher. Anybody coming into my class and trying to big up other teams than the Millers, would get short shrift. :-D

In all seriousness, sometimes kids will go home and tell you how they see it. Not always as it was. Go in or write a note and just explain how your child felt.

Heman
28-06-2014, 05:16 PM
What she actually said was

I don't believe it. I swear I do not believe it.

In my experience if you protect your kid to the nt degree they will never have the balls to stick up for themselves. This is not a dig, its my advice. Life is full of ups and downs and disppointments and kids sometimes need to experience it.

For example, when my daughter was very very young she fell over and hurt her knee. I smiled at her and said get up you spanner or we will be late for dinner. If I had gone up making a fuss she would have ccried her eyes out. You could make it worse by making a mountain out of a molehill.

jolly_roger
28-06-2014, 05:37 PM
...that's child abuse to some on here Heman XD

Heman
28-06-2014, 05:41 PM
Okay I admit it. She was 32.

monty_rhodes
28-06-2014, 07:45 PM
What an absolute p*sstake. Sorry, but the kids have a non-uniform day and dress as superheroes etc. Then, of course, as is usual the teacher says 'Let's discuss football stadiums'. You are a multi moron. Go away.

crashbang
28-06-2014, 08:14 PM
My daughter was about 7 and afraid of Bees.
When some were on the plants outside I showed her that She could stroke them , and they would not take a bit of notice as they went about their Pollen collection. She bucked up courage and laughed as She proved my point.
She broke her neck to get to school the next day to tell her teacher.
To be told to stop being a liar.

Skipton_Miller
28-06-2014, 08:31 PM
Get the lad to give Mrs Teacher a nipple twister.

smithythemiller
29-06-2014, 12:07 AM
Get a big map highlight Rotherham, then send the biggest poster of NYS you can find with that's where dreams are made scrawled along the bottom. Then tell your son he's welcome to do an in your face dance, followed by a I told you so dance. Then the last thing is you should collar said teacher and say how can you teach my child if you don't know basic information about the questions you ask? If your asking about football stadia atleast know your grounds. I think most of us know most football league grounds! Even the unsafe sty!

sunburntmiller
29-06-2014, 10:14 AM
Thanks guys for the advice. Some made me chuckle must admit.

Will raise it tomorrow with them.