PDA

View Full Version : FAO Kempo

crashbang
29-06-2014, 07:50 PM
What a load of pants, new thing Red carding GP'S for missing a patient who may have cancer but the GP missed it.
All they will do now is refer everyone who may have some symptoms causing more hold ups in hospitals.

gramiller1959
29-06-2014, 07:52 PM
Harold shipman ?

millmoormagic
29-06-2014, 07:54 PM
What a load of pants, new thing Red carding GP'S for missing a patient who may have cancer but the GP missed it.
All they will do now is refer everyone who may have some symptoms causing more hold ups in hospitals.

You wouldn't want your GP to be number 1 at diagnosing cancer then?

crashbang
29-06-2014, 07:54 PM
[quote="gramiller1959"]Harold shipman ?[/

Read original post. FAO Kempo

crashbang
29-06-2014, 07:56 PM

You wouldn't want your GP to be number 1 at diagnosing cancer then?[/quote]

Every numpt in the world goes to their GP's some with a real concern some not.
There is enough pressure on them without more red tape.

kempo
29-06-2014, 09:04 PM
The red flag system seems a bit crude and pointless...just an eye catcher for the public.

However I do agree with auditing of cancer referrals and have said so on here.
GPs have referral protocols for most common cancers with red flag symptoms that should trigger a two week referral.

I have seen data from Leicestershire and there are widespread differences in referral rates so this needs to be investigated and action taken.

A red flag next to a GP's seems nonsense.If a GP warrants a red flag then he shouldnt be seeing patients at all and why just pick out cancer referrals?...why not heart disease and so on and so on.

So..I agree with audit and action but not this ridiculous idea of public shaming.

GPs are actually encouraged to refer less people with monetary incentives and then get publicly admonished for not referring enough!

Reasons for under or over referral can be very complex but I would bet anything that individual cases will not be audited and simplistic comparative