PDA

View Full Version : Discounts on new kit

ClaretTony2014
30-06-2014, 12:20 PM
Not sure what discounts you are going to get this year on new shirt.

Previously it was 40 minus 10 per cent for season ticket holders minus a further 10 per cent for voucher in season ticket book meaning you could get one for 32 pounds.

Was told last week that there was no voucher this year and that the 10 per cent for season ticket holders might have gone too but you will get points on your card, a bit like Tesco Clubcard.

Club not confirming anything as yet though.

PaintYorkClaretnBlue
30-06-2014, 12:29 PM
I've tweeted the club about this. They replied that you will get reward points on your card so you need to keep your receipt. Don't know what the rewards will be though.

ClaretTony2014
30-06-2014, 12:35 PM
Apparently there will be shops in town where you will also get points on your card if you shop there, but you will need to keep your receipts there too to get them added.

Not seen a list of retailers accepting them but obviously the club shop will be one.

Claretdj
30-06-2014, 01:31 PM
I usually get 10% off using my claret n blue bond card, any news whether this is still valid???

NorthernManInSouth
30-06-2014, 02:02 PM
I was personally pleasantly surprised that the prices weren't in line with Nike's pricing for the England kit.

hampsteadclaret
30-06-2014, 02:16 PM
Think Nike might have a few shirts left over this year, bearing in mind their exhorbitant cost and our very early exit.

Good.

ClaretTony2014
30-06-2014, 02:21 PM
"I usually get 10% off using my claret n blue bond card, any news whether this is still valid???"

If what I've heard is correct there are no discounts. If they are not giving them for season ticket (or card) holders then they won't for those in the draws.

ClaretTony2014
30-06-2014, 02:55 PM
Been confirmed there are no discounts, not even the 10 per cent that you used to get on all items in the club shop if you were a season ticket holder.

If you buy the shirt then you have to retain your receipt so you can get your points on at a later date.

if ours works like Bolton's you will get 5 points for every pound spent so for a shirt you would get 200 points which is worth 2 pounds or 5 per cent.

topcat69
30-06-2014, 03:05 PM
So even less benefits for season ticket holders now.
Well the Board really are in the Premier league when it comes to p1ssing fans off.
All for the sake of a few extra quid.
:(

jacn2macs
01-07-2014, 06:18 PM
Got my shirt today 40 pound no discount no mention of saving receipt or getting points on season ticket card. Another kick in the teeth for true supporters each year we get charged more for less. It looks like this set of directors are going down the same route as they did the last time we were in the premiership, automatic promotion still no signings no ambition just milking the fans.

merlin1
01-07-2014, 06:40 PM
So there is no mention of the points, receipts etc on the official website? Sound the alert.

Claretdj
01-07-2014, 06:47 PM
Jacn2macs,it's only 1st July regarding signings. Let's see how we line up against chelski n then make your judgements.

ClaretAWH
01-07-2014, 07:00 PM
OK I see we are back to whingeing about anything BFC related, it is quite simple as with the season tickets, buy 1 or don't, but don't come on here bitching about how hard done by you are and how badly you have been treated by BFC, either get behind the team, which includes any money made from merchandise, or just do what you can afford but surely if it causes that much discontent toy u then may be you should support another team?

I just cant believe we had sleepless nights for months willing our team over the line and then we get all this negativity either get on board or don't, its a choice thing not a directive.

Sorry rant overr

BereavementDividend
01-07-2014, 07:13 PM
Not really sure of the problem here, sure a discount was nice, but I guess we're moving with the times, we don't have a right to have a discount, it was just a happy extra on our season ticket booklets. How many other clubs offer discounts just for having a season ticket?

A discount won't make someone buy a shirt, the want for the shirt will make them buy it.

Times change and I guess it's time for some to accept it. It's no big deal.

royboyclaret
01-07-2014, 07:18 PM
"
Sorry rant overr "

I'd be sorry too if I'd posted that.

Look we were all willing our team over the line but where criticism of the Club is justified it's quite reasonable for it to be debated on here. For how many years has there been a discount voucher for the shirt in the ST book?

Now, simply because we change to an access card control system, it's all too convenient to remove the discount element. It smacks of opportunism by the Club, nothing more nothing less, and they deserve to be criticised for it.

ClaretAWH
01-07-2014, 07:23 PM
If AŁ4 really makes the difference between you buying our teams shirt and contributing to the teams pocket then may be it should be you who is apologizing? or like I said dont buy 1, either way the waves of negativity is it really worth it for AŁ4?

royboyclaret
01-07-2014, 07:28 PM
As per normal ClaretAWH you miss the point completely.

enola_gay
01-07-2014, 07:28 PM
Disgraceful.

People having to pay full price for stuff.

It's almost as if it was the real world, or something.

ClaretAWH
01-07-2014, 07:32 PM
"As per normal ClaretAWH you miss the point completely."

Obviously i must be,because I really don't understand what is hard about a choice get 1 or don't. is there any need for all the *******s in-between for the sake of $4?

Who needs B*A*S*Tard fans when our own fans have a pop if the wind blows in the wrong direction?

ClaretTony2014
01-07-2014, 07:47 PM
You get points now but no discount at the time of purchase. Two years ago a season ticket holder could get a shirt for 32 pounds but it's 40 now with points to follow. No one seems certain how many but suggested worth 10 per cent.

Why the club didn't confirm all this I don't know but passing information on to supporters seems to be something they don't bother doing.

BereavementDividend
01-07-2014, 07:57 PM
If there is anything to be aggrieved with it is the lack of information from the club, not the lack of discount.

BobLordsFridge
01-07-2014, 08:05 PM
Sounds like another cracking deal for the exiles. Receipts you have to take into shops to get points added.

Couldn't even order the shirt or season review DVD online today.

yorksclaret
01-07-2014, 08:08 PM
From the official site;

Season ticket holders who previously received a 15% discount on this shirt will this year receive the relevant amount back on their Season Cards in the form of points.

I take it 'relevant' should read 'equivalent'.

Anyway, I thought it was us Yorkshiremen who were supposed to be tight. We've nowt on you lot...

yorksclaret
01-07-2014, 08:42 PM
Confirmed again on Twitter 12 hours ago that the 15% discount will be loaded onto your Season Card, but I guess those of you who use your PC for more than moaning and w@nking purposes already knew that.

pikehillclaret
01-07-2014, 08:50 PM
Yorkclaret some are hellbent on having a go at everything the club does , got to ask myself is the OP a real claret or a blackburn fan , Can't wait for a positive post about Burnley Fc staff or directors then again don't think this will happen ?

barry_chuckle
01-07-2014, 08:50 PM
"the 15% discount will be loaded onto your Season Card"

If you bought in the shop today, how will they know which Season card to load the credit onto as nobody has one yet? :?

evensteadiereddie
01-07-2014, 08:57 PM
A shirt is forty quid, if you can afford it, like it and are happy with the price, buy it.
If none of the above apply, don't.

Sidney1st
01-07-2014, 08:59 PM
Posted 01 Jul 2014 21:42
re: Discounts on new kit
Confirmed again on Twitter 12 hours ago that the 15% discount will be loaded onto your Season Card, but I guess those of you who use your PC for more than moaning and w@nking purposes already knew that."

Are you telling me there's other uses for the internet? :O

roseylee
02-07-2014, 07:25 PM
how about buy one , get two free.

everyones a winner :D

ClaretTony2014
02-07-2014, 07:49 PM
"the 15% discount will be loaded onto your Season Card"

If you bought in the shop today, how will they know which Season card to load the credit onto as nobody has one yet? "

You need to take your receipt in when you get your card and get your points. It's not done automatically.

Is it 15 per cent? I've been told it's less than that.