PDA

View Full Version : the reality of the premiership

cornwallclaret
03-07-2014, 04:29 PM
With the conclusion of the Bryson saga it makes u realise how difficult life is going to be to get in quality players and the role agents play . We havnt got bottomless pit like man u or Liverpool and have to be carefull . This leads to the Bryson saga where he has agreed better terms with us and his agent has not only got him the same terms but a 5 yr deal . It must be so frustrating for dyche and it brings it home that even we are in the premiership dosnt guarantee you getting even the top players in the division below

BereavementDividend
03-07-2014, 04:36 PM
It's like i've said previously, other than Premier League football for AT LEAST one season, we can't offer much else. We're not going to throw money at players, and I dare say we'd still pay a lot less than a handful of Championship clubs will, on wages that is.

Maybe Bryson has seen some potential with the management and structure at Derby that we can't offer him here.

Maybe he feels he can get them promoted and they have a better chance at staying up than us, who knows?

It was never going to be easy for us to get good quality players, because even in the Prem, our funds/board don't/won't allow it, and we need to ensure sustainability, rightly so.

It is disheartening though, not being able to have a "pull" for players, but hopefully we'll see some quality soon, because so far.. i've not been too impressed, but saying that, i felt the same at the start of last season, and maybe I suffer from wanting us to get a "name" in, which shouldn't be the case, but i'm a football fan after

bfcjon
03-07-2014, 04:37 PM
Yea but think of all the cash we saved!!>;)

ClaretTony2014
03-07-2014, 04:38 PM
"maybe I suffer from wanting us to get a "name" in, which shouldn't be the case"

The second part of that statement is the correct one and what we should focus on. We don't wants - we want the likes of Jones and Arfield again but for the Premier League.

wristslasher_909
03-07-2014, 04:47 PM
Down by Christmas.

butterflyvenom
03-07-2014, 04:49 PM
The emphasis has got to be on youth, fitness and stamina were a massive part in our recent success. Bringing in experience without the speed could prove costly.

Boliclaret
03-07-2014, 04:57 PM
What we'll need is togetherness, high fitness levels, a mean defence and a young and improving forward combo who can be ruthless and get you goals out of nothing in tight games.

My worry now is the latter. We'll be without Vokes for half a season and Ings hasn't made a decision yet. It was always going to be difficult but now it seems without those two it will be a lot harder. I'm still confident that the club will bring the right players in and that Ings will sign, eventually.

wristslasher_909
03-07-2014, 04:58 PM
What you'll need is a miracle!

LancasterClaret
03-07-2014, 04:59 PM
What we need is whatever Derby had to get promoted this season...oh wait

wristslasher_909
03-07-2014, 04:59 PM
When we go up, we'll be doing it in style and we won't be ****ing about chasing 750k championship midfielders!

Tin pot club.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

BereavementDividend
03-07-2014, 05:02 PM
So with Bryson in your squad, that makes you a tin pot club then, by your logic, right?

LancasterClaret
03-07-2014, 05:02 PM
When you go up?

Next season?

The season after that?

The season after the season after that?

wristslasher_909
03-07-2014, 05:03 PM
No, we've got 5 million Craig Bryson in our midfield!

:D

belgianclaret
03-07-2014, 05:06 PM
What you'll need is a miracle!

What you need is an extra knife, you're welcome to mine :)

LancasterClaret
03-07-2014, 05:07 PM
He needs a massive spade to get out of the hole he's digging for himself.

culmclaret
Sadly, wrist slasher your lot bottled it big style. You had a great chance and you blew it. Long hard slog is the Championship and you start on zero points like everyone else. Good luck, you are going to need it

Boliclaret
we won't be ****ing about chasing 750k championship midfielders!

Pity you didn't chase a 750k Championship forward at Wembley (Zamora) otherwise we wouldn't be having this exchange.:D

wristslasher_909
03-07-2014, 05:08 PM
XD XD

I think i deserved that.

I'm going to leave now.

Good luck for next season *you've got a great manager.

I hope you do stay up.

wristslasher_909
03-07-2014, 05:10 PM
We didn't bottle it, we were unlucky.

Your lot, with your paper thin squad, were very lucky.

NickBFC
03-07-2014, 05:14 PM
See, you could have just left after post 18. You had to come back though and prove to anyone who didn't think you were already a massive knob head that you're not. Apart from there wasn't actually anyone.

Boliclaret
03-07-2014, 05:15 PM
No you didn't bottle it. You got 85 points which normally would have been enough.

We got 93 points, a record for 2nd place. If you want to believe that's lucky then fair enough.

Opinions, opinions. :s

roseylee
03-07-2014, 05:19 PM
its good for football that a club like burnley are mixing it with the big boys, everybody roots for the underdog, i am just having a bit of banter because i know how popular leeds are in your neck of the woods. :D

i genuinely think you will be ok the first season, its the one after that, that will be the problem.

every neutral will be rooting for ya , i would like to wish you all the best for the forthcoming season. cant say no fairer than that.

evensteadiereddie
03-07-2014, 05:24 PM
Aye, very lucky to be given yet another traditional six points.
They came in very handy indeed - just imagine what a difference it would have made if your lads, just for once, could have put up a fight against us. ;D

btw - meant for the ****tyslasher not you, rosey.

bfcjon
03-07-2014, 06:32 PM
I will be rooting for you rosylee,

Its good for football, like a team of Weeds can come up against Rotheram?

Will be hoping for the underdog...Come on Leeds..;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

triz
03-07-2014, 06:39 PM
" This leads to the Bryson saga where he has agreed better terms with us and his agent has not only got him the same terms but a 5 yr deal"

cornwallclaret, you need to tell clarettony that he seems to know better XD XD

BobLordsFridge
03-07-2014, 06:43 PM
I think I just read a Derby fan suggesting that we were "lucky" to get promoted.

Over 46 games, we lost fewer games than anyone else in the division and had the best defensive record. We also had the 4th highest goal tally and won the 2nd highest number of wins. We took 15 points of teams who finished 3rd to 6th.

Most importantly of all, we accrued 93 points, which was 8 better than 3rd place Derby.

Luck doesn't come into it. Over the course of the season we fully deserved promotion. Anyone who says different is a ****ing idiot.

culmclaret
03-07-2014, 06:55 PM
Yes they did bottle it: they froze at Wembley and the Wally with the brolly got his tactics all wrong.

triz
03-07-2014, 06:59 PM
we didnt freeze, we were much the better team, but yes i agree steve got his tactics wrong. Bryson should have started for sure, and russell shouldve stayed on. Our corners were awful and we didnt create enough chances. Saying we froze is a bit ridiculous though.

triz
03-07-2014, 07:01 PM
BLF i think what he was insinuating was your luck with injuries with such a small squad. Clearly you were the 2nd best team in the league.

Boliclaret
03-07-2014, 07:15 PM
:? What are you? his spin doctor?
He's called Wristslasher FFS.

I don't buy this argument that Derby battered QPR. Everything QPR coped with was comfortable, even with 10 men.

Derby simply didn't show up on the day.

cornwallclaret
03-07-2014, 07:20 PM
why is it that when we are talking about our issues other clubs fans seem to bombard this board with crap . Why don't they **** off back on there board

triz
03-07-2014, 07:33 PM
its footymad, other clubs fans can come and discuss things when rubbish like DCFC froze on the day of the PO final is spouted by those who don't know much about their football. Yes QPR may have dealt with what we had, but anyone that says we weren't the much better team on the day is either a bit daft or very bias.

And no i'm not his spin doctor, i'm just not stupid or disingenuous, it is clear he said you were lucky due to your paper thin squad...but if you believed the obvious that is right in front of your face then you wouldn't be able to feed that chip on your collective shoulders.

stalbansclaret
03-07-2014, 07:42 PM
I'd agree that you were the better team at Wembley triz but without actually creating any decent chances.Sadly you allowed the joke that is QPR to be promoted.
THe problem is that wristslasher comes on here like a tool , purely to wind people up, and somehow compensating for his inadequacy by boasting about Bryson deciding to stay with you. My take on this is that I really wouldn't want to sign someone who prefers the pipe and slippers of a 5-year contract to the challenge of testing himself in the Premier League. Of course he'll mouth stuff about getting there with Derby but , given the inherent uncertainty of the Championship, he looks like a bottler.

triz
03-07-2014, 07:47 PM
Well thats a strange/myopic way of reading it. Can you seriously not think of any other reasons he might want to stay other than being a bottler? i think you can.

DCFC has to apologise to the rest of the country for allowing QPR to go up, never has my club been supported by nigh on the whole nation and we blew it. But it is what it is.We are sorry.

But as for wristslashers posts, its not my style and his posts were making me cringe but i think every club has posters like that. I can assure you claretmad definitely does. He may actually be responding to those types of posters from your board that we have had for the past few days boasting that bryson is a claret and the deal is one, he is dumping our **** club for a bigger club etc. swings and roundabouts mates.

BobLordsFridge
03-07-2014, 07:48 PM
I think the backroom staff might argue their work had a lot to do with the players staying in good shape and avoiding injury.

That said, we did lose both of our top scorers for a fair chunk of the run-in. In fact there were several games towards the end of the season where we were missing our best four players - Vokes, Ings, Trippier and Marney. We still picked up points.

It's not luck. Nothing like.

mgill87
03-07-2014, 07:48 PM
"Down by Christmas."

If I have to read any more of your dull and unoriginal, wind-up merchant ****e I will be slashing my bloody wrists.

triz
03-07-2014, 07:53 PM
BLF no doubt your staff did a great job keeping them fit, but you cannot prevent a broken leg/cheek or injuries like that. You had a very small squad and very few injuries, for that you need a bit of luck.

year_of_the_fox
03-07-2014, 08:02 PM
Suppose derby fans will be happy they won't lose 6 pts from burnley and gain 6 over Leeds XD

culmclaret
03-07-2014, 08:38 PM
Rotherham on the first day of the season looks tricky. A team on the crest of a wave against one deflated because they bottled it.

roseylee
03-07-2014, 08:57 PM
chelsea at home, looks even trickier.

if you get nil, you will be doing well. ;D

culmclaret
03-07-2014, 09:04 PM
Enjoy your day in SE 16 Rosey

cornwallclaret
03-07-2014, 09:04 PM
At least were playing teams you can only dream of playing . All you have got is distant memories . The way your club is going I don't think youll be in the championship for much longer . Bettre get used to playing Rochdale next year . Never know you may get you revenge this time round:D :D

ClaretMoffitt
03-07-2014, 09:50 PM
Derby remind me of Sheff Utd after we beat them in the finals in 09.

Obsessed with us now, and can't leave us alone. Still, look how we turned out, and look where they are.