PDA

View Full Version : Mc Carthy = Evans

Lloydstreet
15-07-2014, 06:34 AM
It seems as if Mick and Steve have got similar views when it comes to getting new players in...MM has said that he won't be paying out fees for players,and will be looking at out of contract players and loanees.
MM is a very shrewd operator and when you see where they finished last year,'just outside the playoffs',it nearly worked,will it work this season.
SE does have a similar outlook on things,although we have gone out and paid a record fee for Bowery.
It seems MM is saying the cash is available for wages rather than transfer fees.
I suppose that's ok if you can get some young hungry,talented players to come and buy in to your ideas,as I hope SE has done with Hall and Brandy.
We will see..

UTM's

Lloyd

Ludlowmiller
16-07-2014, 06:56 AM
LloydStreet ..I hope you're right about 'hungry & young'...but you 'never win anything with kids!!'

PS My Grandad & Dad were born in Lloyd Street, the very top yard next to the huge blast furnace structures. I re-call a man called Stan Bagshaw who did boxing training down there too...and a guy from Goosebutt Street, Mr Billups, who would bring his full size Piano Accordian down to lloyd Street and play it for hours on end near Morris's shop.
The street of my youth really!

clarkey1974
16-07-2014, 09:21 AM
It seems as if Mick and Steve have got similar views when it comes to getting new players in...MM has said that he won't be paying out fees for players,and will be looking at out of contract players and loanees.
MM is a very shrewd operator and when you see where they finished last year,'just outside the playoffs',it nearly worked,will it work this season.
SE does have a similar outlook on things,although we have gone out and paid a record fee for Bowery.
It seems MM is saying the cash is available for wages rather than transfer fees.
I suppose that's ok if you can get some young hungry,talented players to come and buy in to your ideas,as I hope SE has done with Hall and Brandy.
We will see..

UTM's

Lloyd

Yeah McCarthy, the day after that quote from the Barnsley chop himself he signed a goalkeeper for an undisclosed fee..!!!..

Lloydstreet
16-07-2014, 12:25 PM
Yes,I was also born in Lloyd St, No.27,our old back yard looked down into the open hearth furnaces.I remember old man Morris very well,he had an orrible finger nail which looked as if it had been somewhere it shouldn't have been.
As for Billups',he could be a relation to an old friend of mine,Les Billups.
Mucky,but I enjoyed them days.It was from there we used to catch the train from station down Aldwarke Rd to Masborough,ahhhhhhhh,,Steam engines.

Lloyd