PDA

View Full Version : Away fans allocation at NYS

millerman_in_newyork
15-07-2014, 06:44 AM
Looks like we are only giving away teams the minimum 10%. Wolves official site says they've been given 1,200 and with high demand expected are giving priority to those ho collected most loyalty points for attending away games last season.

stormmiller
15-07-2014, 07:00 AM
How do you choose? I would love us to have loads of home fans dominating the away following however the away fans are paying very good money where do you strike the balance?

RedAnt
15-07-2014, 07:18 AM
If the tickets are sold block by block, then the club will judge whether or not they will sell all the home allocation. If they don't think they will, then they'll give the away fans extra.

I fully expect us to average around 10k this season.

martinthemiller1968
15-07-2014, 09:19 AM
Think we should start off giving them 1200 tickets and if the sell them give them more. We would not like it done to us. Think this season most teams will fill the away end anyway. It all very well saying just give them 1200 but feel a big away following add to the atmosphere as well.

millertop
15-07-2014, 09:53 AM
Away allocation is 1600 at Wolves, bigger ground than ours, our allocation is about right for the size of our ground so I don't get the moaning from Wolves.

gwru
15-07-2014, 10:49 AM
Think we'll be left with seats empty that could be filled. Agree even home tickets last block of family stand leave till last. If it means 3,000 away fans as long as we're filling ground whats it matter. We haven't got that fan base. If we're struggling can't see more than 8,500 home fans being there.

deano_83
15-07-2014, 01:42 PM
We've well over 6,000 with season tickets and I'm confident most others will stay with the team this season, even if we're struggling, with some big teams coming to town.

Most visitors will only get 1,200 - 1,500 as a starting point and quite right too - fill the ground with Millers and get the noise levels up as our home record will definitely determine our fate over the course of the season.

Muchthemillersson
15-07-2014, 08:23 PM
They're all being given 1,200. Segregation on the concourse and access to toilets are issues.

Ericsladkilnhurst
19-07-2014, 12:39 PM
Mate & his grandson have had a letter from Rotherham, telling them they have to move out of their seats in the East stand for the Fleetwood game.

gramiller1959
19-07-2014, 12:45 PM
Mate & his grandson have had a letter from Rotherham, telling them they have to move out of their seats in the East stand for the Fleetwood game.

they must be going to put them in a corner ! bit silly as we wont sell that many tickets

millavanilla
20-07-2014, 08:27 AM
They're all being given 1,200. Segregation on the concourse and access to toilets are issues.

Mmm theres a thought..if we gave wednesday 1200 and we have the rest, how are they going to segregate the concourse ?

gramiller1959
20-07-2014, 08:55 AM

Mmm theres a thought..if we gave wednesday 1200 and we have the rest, how are they going to segregate the concourse ?[/quote]

would be interesting to look in the away end and see what they have in place re gates etc, they must have something in there from when they put the away fans in a corner,

actually good news if we can continuously fill it without thousands of away fans as then it might get extended so we can at least reach the supposed 12k capacity !

ozzymiller
20-07-2014, 09:26 AM
[quote="Ericsladkilnhurst"]Mate & his grandson have had a letter from Rotherham, telling them they have to move out of their seats in the East stand for the Fleetwood game.[/quote

Already had to move ours. I don't quite get it as we're in the block right on half way line and never had to move before. Surely they will only bring a few hundred, so why move us that far down?

millmoorlane
20-07-2014, 09:41 AM

Mmm theres a thought..if we gave wednesday 1200 and we have the rest, how are they going to segregate the concourse ?[/quote]

would be interesting to look in the away end and see what they have in place re gates etc, they must have something in there from when they put the away fans in a corner,

actually good news if we can continuously fill it without thousands of away fans as then it might get extended so we can at least reach the supposed 12k capacity ![/quote]

Segregation inside the ground is easy. The South and East stands both have solid metal gates in the concourse to split them. The bigger issues are outside the ground but that's not too difficult.

Makes sense to give the away team the minimum as a starting point.

redandgreen
20-07-2014, 11:16 AM
i think Bradford handed half the ground to Portmouth one season!

tom12026
20-07-2014, 11:34 AM
Mate & his grandson have had a letter from Rotherham, telling them they have to move out of their seats in the East stand for the Fleetwood game.[/quote

Already had to move ours. I don't quite get it as we're in the block right on half way line and never had to move before. Surely they will only bring a few hundred, so why move us that far down?
we sit on the half way line as well and when I asked why we had to move I was told it was a cost cutting exercise to save on cleaning etc..We could have moved to the corner of the N/E stands on the goal line but we decided to sit in the West stand with the posh people.