PDA

View Full Version : Where else do we need to strengthen?

Quattro
19-07-2014, 08:17 AM
I know we had a tight-knit squad when we won promotion, but since then, we have lost some players who were regulars, and we have made a few signings who are going to prove beneficial to the squad, but given our new-look squad, where else do you think that we need to improve?

There seems to be a bit of activity around Dawson, which indicate Dyche feels we need another centre half, which I think most Clarets would agree with.

For me we need a centre half, another centre midfielder and a winger.

rats
19-07-2014, 08:22 AM
Like who?

skiptonclaret
19-07-2014, 08:28 AM
The positions you mention, plus an additional centre half and centre mid. Realistically we are not going to come close to signing five (permanent) players that can go straight into the first team. Therefore I'd hope we are seriously exploring the season long loan market, although probably well into August before this type of signing would materialise.

longsidespike
19-07-2014, 08:48 AM
Seems to me the loan market with a possible deal at the end is the place to be. Citeh,Man u,Pool,Toffee's, and all the other big boys must have a shed load of players just on the fringe. With the players bought so far i would look to get in 1 centre half and 1 utility defender, 1 centre mid and 1 attacking midfielder/winger. In SD we trust so fingers crossed, we have 4 weeks before our first WIN ;-))

Pieandapint
19-07-2014, 09:09 AM
Priority for me is CD, CM, Wing.

On top of that, I think we need CM, CD and Striker (Ings alternative).

andy_1986
19-07-2014, 09:28 AM
I agree with pie and a pint. One thing we need to look at is a different type of striker. Maybe one who can work as a lone striker. Two strikers away at Stanfford Bridge, the Emirates or Old Trafford could be disastrous and feels the options currently involve playing a front two. That said in trust in Dyche's judgement and if he feels we can cope with the trusted 442 which worked so well last season, he has my full support.

A midfield enforcer and an attacking midfielder are must for me. Even if the midfield enforcer is experienced to come on and shild the defence when winning in tight games. That said Reid maybe able ti do this job.

Two centre halfs are needed. Both preferably right sided, as ben mee could cover for Shackle (as I see him as his long term replacement), which woukd keep continuity in the back four.