PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts after forest.

Solitaar
23-07-2014, 08:55 PM
Have to say, Thoroughly enjoyed that game tonight, forest, putting out a rather strong squad with the likes of halford, cox, darlow & reid playing, played well in possession and attacked the forest defence with pace. when not in possession, we hassled them and stayed a strong unit.

Newton looks like a real find of a player, always looking forward and trying to find space to receive the ball.

Broadfoot looked assured and did his job well.

Wood won pretty much everything in the air and on the floor.

Hall looks a very direct player and looked to get forward with pace when in possession. what a ball to find agard, splitting the forest defence in to and had them on their backsides.

Sadler looked just as safe as skarz, got forward well but the ball seemed to go down the right side more often than not.

Green looks in the same mould as o'connor, picking the ball up deep to start attacks, looks assured.

Bowery looked uninterested, never won nothing in the air for a big lad, out of posit

millertop
23-07-2014, 09:04 PM
Yes I enjoyed it, can't wait for first game.

Rose played very well after a season out, wouldn't be surprised if he gets in team later on.

Very Impressed with Tidser, unlucky not to score a few, Evans probably won't play him ;D

Bowery didn't impress me, is he fit?

Over all I think we will do a job in the championship :D

Solitaar
23-07-2014, 09:15 PM
Regards to tidser, he was so comfortable on the ball and always looked for space, it was almost like having a completely new signing, looked sharp and im sure he will get his chance and grasp it this time around, with green, frecks, newton & tidser all battling for a 1st team spot come 9th August, SE will have a major job dropping 2 players.

rolymiller
23-07-2014, 10:39 PM
The players who stood out for me today were: Collin, Richardson, Tids, Frecks, Revs, Agard, Wood, Broadfoot, Arnason, Hall, Newton.

Possible weakness could be left back Skarz got skinned a time or two but sadler didnt look too bad.

I would hope that most of these would be in the starting line up at Derby. If we can get that elusive forward we could have a good season.

millertop
24-07-2014, 08:37 AM
Let's not forget the players who didn't play, can't say who first team should be until all have played.

But for me in doubt would be Morgan Arnason, Skarz , Milsom, .

Players to shine this season, Rose (if he can force himself in the team) Tidser (if Evans plays him. :s ) And Newton

deano_83
24-07-2014, 12:14 PM
Didn't go last night but Bowery, along with Newton, were the best players on the park at Falkirk.

Swings and roundabouts. It is only pre-season after all.

I reckon Tidser will play a big part this season, with another year of experience behind him playing regularly in Scotland.

Barnsley_Miller
24-07-2014, 12:20 PM
Let's not forget the players who didn't play, can't say who first team should be until all have played.

But for me in doubt would be Morgan Arnason, Skarz , Milsom, .

Players to shine this season, Rose (if he can force himself in the team) Tidser (if Evans plays him. :s ) And Newton

Its going to be interesting to see who starts v the Rams?

Like whats been said its early days and theres time for all to stake a claim for a starting spot.

Will the formation change? One up front, Revs? or two up front? I wonder how Stevie Wonder will play it?

Interesting times once again for us Millers Fans :)

UTM

Heman
24-07-2014, 12:28 PM
Got to say I am impressed. The NYS can attract more to a friendly than DVS averaged in its last season.

Barnsley_Miller
24-07-2014, 12:42 PM
Got to say I am impressed. The NYS can attract more to a friendly than DVS averaged in its last season.

XD XD XD

ScarboroughMiller
24-07-2014, 01:07 PM
It was a good game last night for a friendly. Looked solid enough even with multiple changes and Florrrest playing with 12 men at one point. Lol

mikemiller
24-07-2014, 03:39 PM
The Millers have finally just been mentioned on Radio DeeDah... the news is that SE is is still on the lookout for another striker...nowt much about last night's match or any injuries

millertop
24-07-2014, 03:43 PM
Raynor on radio Sheff between 6-7pm tonight

Chocolate_Mouss17
24-07-2014, 05:35 PM
It was a good game last night for a friendly. Looked solid enough even with multiple changes and Florrrest playing with 12 men at one point. Lol

Forest fan here.

I think it was a good night for a friendly. Beautiful weather. The football at these things is a bit of a sideshow, particularly for us who didn't really look to play at a good tempo. (why would you with a couple of weeks until the season)

THought you seized upon our lack of intensity and easily dominated the game in terms of chances.

from an away fans perspective, I was quite impressed with Revell and Broadfoot.

You have put together a solid squad and I reckon you'll surprise a few this season. I quite enjoyed playing a team we'd be playing in the league. Hardly ever happens.

Hope Derbyshire gets a good run because there are goals in there somewhere