PDA

View Full Version : OT Tramlines

scum_triumphant
24-07-2014, 09:00 PM
I'm looking forward to some good live music in the sunshine this weekend. I won't miss Public Enemy, I still have Fear Of A Black Planet on original vinyl gatefold.
Anyone else going? Anyone else have any recommendations of who to see?

SurferRosa
24-07-2014, 09:31 PM
Bo Ningen would be my recommendation. Queens Social Club, Queens Rd - Sunday. Gonna try get to that.
Loud, guitar based Japanese band. Different, very loud, very quirky, off kilter on the whole. Some softer stuff intertwined. Loud / quite /V loud / loud / quiet / loud - goes like so all in one track.
Drift between heavy metal guitar to indie guitar to softer guitar, back to heavy etc. They sort of don't really have a definable style. In summary LOUD ! & refreshing !

What would you recommend yourself ? apart from the obvious. Everyone seems to headed for Public Enemy.

ilikecarling
24-07-2014, 10:33 PM
The rifles, top band.

Unfortunately I'll be working up there Saturday.

Avoid the trams if your heading to west street, they all terminate at cathedral at present due to work in the west street area.

scum_triumphant
25-07-2014, 06:16 AM
Bo Ningen would be my recommendation. Queens Social Club, Queens Rd - Sunday. Gonna try get to that.
Loud, guitar based Japanese band. Different, very loud, very quirky, off kilter on the whole. Some softer stuff intertwined. Loud / quite /V loud / loud / quiet / loud - goes like so all in one track.
Drift between heavy metal guitar to indie guitar to softer guitar, back to heavy etc. They sort of don't really have a definable style. In summary LOUD ! & refreshing !

What would you recommend yourself ? apart from the obvious. Everyone seems to headed for Public Enemy.

Leeds band called Autobhan in the Harley on Saturday. Think the jam meet the stooges.

Other than that gonna wander about on division street most of Saturday seeing what I can find. A friend of mine is playing west street live on Sunday. They are not my favourite type of band they are heavy rock and I prefer ska, punk, folk. No Ningen do sound interesting though I

jefflebowski84
25-07-2014, 08:17 AM
I'm going up saturday evening to have a look around. If autobahn are as good as the ones on The Big Lebowski they'll be doing ok ;D

There's plenty of music in pubs and bars so going to mull around and have a look at a few different bands.

My mates band Alvarez Kings are playing maida vale on sunday and they are worth a watch. Would go myself but off to blackpool for the darts!