PDA

View Full Version : Newseason card

claretstu
25-07-2014, 09:03 PM
Don't know if this has already been posted on the board: I have just received my new season card (ticket) and having read the stuff that came with it, it would appear that I can not allow another member of my family (incl. Daughter) to use it on the occasions that I will not be able to attend some matches
Is this correct particularly as I have paid for it! If you purchase tickets for other events, concerts etc someone else is able to use it. CAN THIS BE RIGHT?

ClaretTony2014
25-07-2014, 09:05 PM
Been posted several times. The rules have not changed, they have never been transferable.

stalbansclaret
25-07-2014, 09:11 PM
Not always the case. My other half recently tried to get tickets for Coldplay at the Albert Hall and it was very clear in the online application process that the of the user of the ticket had to be provided up front.
Anyway to summarise previous discussions on here there are some who believe that the club will strictly enforce this part of the card's terms and conditions and others, like me, who think that this is just bumph and that the practical reality will be that if you turn up with a card (in the right age range) you will get in.

claretstu
25-07-2014, 09:20 PM
Ok. have already heard that but if the on the card is John and it is a female who turns up at the turnstile with the card will they refuse entry?

Claretdj
25-07-2014, 09:21 PM
How can the club enforce it? If I gve it to my brother how will they know? It's not like the stewards can stop every fan asking for id before entry.

SteakPuddChipsNGravy
25-07-2014, 09:58 PM
Well I have been told from a lad in his 20s that he and many of his mates regularly buy a kids ticket and go on JHU. They give the ticket to the kids on the turnstiles and are let in without question :?
If that's the situation with the walk on situation, my guess is the kids on the turnstiles couldn't give a flyer who presents the card/ticket, they click the turnstile and in you go.
I'm not in any way condoning it by the way. in fact quite the opposite.

dsr
25-07-2014, 10:01 PM
That has been the nominal rule since forever. It's never been enforced before, and I doubt it will be enforced now, so long as the user isn't paying less than he/she should.

ClaretTony2014
25-07-2014, 10:05 PM
"Ok. have already heard that but if the on the card is John and it is a female who turns up at the turnstile with the card will they refuse entry?"

The club have already confirmed that entry will be refused but admitted that a man using a man's card could get away with it.

They will allow you to transfer your card to someone else for up to three games per season.

tybfc
25-07-2014, 11:20 PM
Haven't the club cocked up enough with season tickets this year so far to stop enforcing more daft rules?

If I go on holiday and want to give my PAID for ticket to my sister why shouldn't I be able to?

Answers on a postcard please Lee.

ClaretTony2014
25-07-2014, 11:27 PM
"If I go on holiday and want to give my PAID for ticket to my sister why shouldn't I be able to?

Answers on a postcard please Lee."

Nothing to do with Lee Hoos. The season tickets have always had that condition clearly shown in the books for as many years as I can recall.

titsoutforthelads2
26-07-2014, 12:16 AM
But the club have never enforced those conditions in the past
In fact they have active encouraged a swap situation in previous seasons
If my son who is 15 could not go because he was playing football himself I have been able to swap his juvenile ticket for a senior's ticket for my dad to ho on at no extra cost.
I bought next year's season ticket on the same basis that if my son can not go I would be able to change it for a senior's ticket.
The 1st problem will occur against Manu when my son will not be able to go as he will be at football training but I hope my Dad will be able to use his ticket
Like a lot of families we have shared 3 tickets in the past but if the new policy us followed to the letter then there is no way we will be getting 3 season tickets for the following season as it is just not feasible.
Lets hope common sense prevails and if someone in the right category of ticket is using the ticket they will be admitted.
Also on the boxing day and new year games I have often l

tybfc
26-07-2014, 12:47 AM
"Nothing to do with Lee Hoos. The season tickets have always had that condition clearly shown in the books for as many years as I can recall."

Well that's good then because I've given my season ticket stubs away dozens of times over the past 40 seasons during holidays and never been challenged so hopefully nothing will change next year.

They don't have the manpower to check every ticket anyway.

We will give it a whirl.

claretstu
26-07-2014, 01:09 AM
I have also wondered if the cards will be scanned at the turnstiles in which case it could make the situation difficult -- or would that be too complicated for BFC! ;D

ClaretSi
26-07-2014, 01:54 AM
Ive thought of a way they might be able to stop you transferring your ticket...

Not sure how the technology/system will work but it was mentioned cctv was being installed on every turnstile.

Maybe they will get your mugshot as you pass through on the first game then whenever that card is scanned the pic comes up on the screen and the steward can see if its you or not.

Just a thought..but its possible.

stalbansclaret
26-07-2014, 06:22 AM
I would bet money on anyone turning up with a card getting in, even if a person of the other sex. The stewards on the turnstiles are most definitely not rocket scientists or confrontation seekers for that matter.

claretchrish
26-07-2014, 08:11 AM
"If I go on holiday and want to give my PAID for ticket to my sister why shouldn't I be able to?

Answers on a postcard please Lee."

Because Burnley are now able to sell your vacant seat and that new revenue stream has been built into the business plan. Essentially, it's like stealing money from the club.

That's what I think he'd write, given the amount of space on a postcard.

worksopblue
26-07-2014, 08:20 AM
just wondering. I have bought 2 season tickets both in my. but to be used by myself and wife. will they refuse entry because obviously my wife is female?

clarethomer07
26-07-2014, 08:25 AM
Does it have your on both?

If so, I would contact the club. Im not sure how closely it will be looked at but if you want to avoid hassle (as you will only find out on match day and then be sent to club shop) I would speak to the club.

They should be able to replace one card in your wife's. As there was no warning when anyone bought the tickets, I cannot see how the club can honestly do anything other than either admit you will be 100% let in with what you have or change the details on one card.

worksopblue
26-07-2014, 08:30 AM
yes, both in my with different clarets numbers. always bought tickets like this.

clarethomer07
26-07-2014, 08:32 AM
contact the club then. I suspect you will not be the only person to do this.

Unless you are 30 stone and need 2 seats then I cannot see any reason why you would want 2 tickets.

Its a fares that you have paid for 2 seats, you should be able to use them as you want, especially now that it is on a card as you cannot just give a piece of paper for 1 game. You have to hand over your entire ST with the card.

worksopblue
26-07-2014, 08:34 AM
yes, I think I will just to clarify, thanks.

claretchrish
26-07-2014, 08:50 AM
It's worth noting the following warning in the leaflet that accompanied the card:

"It is a fraudulent offence to attempt to gain entry to Turf Moor using the incorrect season card and Burnley FC reserve the right to refer matters to the Police."

Be afraid.

claretstu
26-07-2014, 08:55 AM
I cannot see how they can sell your seat for odd games, who is going to phone before the match and tell them they are not attending the match? :?

3putt
26-07-2014, 08:57 AM
Cardiff introduced a card system last year. Same applies in that they are not transferable, but they have taken it stage further with the holders photo on the card!

bfcmik
26-07-2014, 09:30 AM
The Green Bay Packers of the NFL (America's winningest team) will only allow you to let someone else use your seat if you arrange the swap through their ticket exchange system. Been the same for years.

ClaretTony2014
26-07-2014, 09:33 AM
"I have also wondered if the cards will be scanned at the turnstiles in which case it could make the situation difficult"

That's exactly what will happen.

But a said previously, if someone else is going to use it you can do an exchange at the ticket office up to three times per season.

ClaretTony2014
26-07-2014, 09:35 AM
"just wondering. I have bought 2 season tickets both in my. but to be used by myself and wife. will they refuse entry because obviously my wife is female?"

I do have to ask the question as to why you chose to have them both in your wife's.

If I were you I'd go and get it sorted out with the ticket office as soon as possible because your wife is not going to get in with a man's ticket.

ProfesssorPiehead
26-07-2014, 09:46 AM
What if the man`s called Shirley or Tracey

Sidney1st
26-07-2014, 09:48 AM
I wonder how upset the op would be if his card was nicked whilst on his way to the game and they let the thief in without checking the card properly?

sheffieldturfite
26-07-2014, 09:58 AM
I have had five season tickets for a number of years, four for the family and one that I use to bring on wider family and friends, or friends of the kids, depending on who we are playing and who those others support.

Yes technically they are non transferable but if in my judgement those people would not have been coming on anyway so I am doing the club a favour, paying them several grand extra over the last few years. I'll be continuing to do it. If I get questioned at the turnstiles repeatedly I'll be packing them all in because It is a long way to travel and we like to make it a social event.

enola_gay
26-07-2014, 10:03 AM
Club decides to actually enforce a rule that has been on the books for years, and the people who've been breaking that rule all this time collectively whinge their knickers off, to the point of one person saying he'll pack it all in if he's challenged.

Clarets Mad at its finest.

clarethomer07
26-07-2014, 10:04 AM
Just don't come moaning on here if you get stopped sheffield.

Completely get the point you are making and agree that it would be a shame for the club to start getting more strict with the enforcement of rules that clearly were not enforced in previous seasons.

Just remember, you should be ok if you are bringing the same sex as the on the card who falls into the correct category of ticket. I.E. if you are male, don't invite a female to the game. If you are a concession/oap, don't invite someone who would be classified as an adult for ticketing purposes.

To chance it when you know the rules is not the clubs fault. If you feel that the additional ticket will now not be used, go ask for a refund on 1 ticket

worksopblue
26-07-2014, 10:37 AM
in reply to tony. I buy tickets in my because my wife cant always get. she works for nhs and has to work weekends. so I take friends or family, sometimes at short notice.

worksopblue
26-07-2014, 10:40 AM
just as a matter of interest.tickets say adult not man or woman.

head_chef
26-07-2014, 11:22 AM
If I buy a season ticket seat for the season why does it matter who sits in it if the age group is the same, they are still getting the money :?

wilks_bfc
26-07-2014, 11:24 AM
The question is, once you have scanned your card, does it display
"ADULT/JUVENILE/SENIOR"
or does it say
"ADULT - MALE"?

If it's the former then, transferring of argue ment aside, there will be no issues IMO.

titsoutforthelads2
26-07-2014, 12:36 PM
I agree with what Sheffieldturfite is saying so long as the ticket is the right category there should be no problem.

Kendal_Claret
26-07-2014, 12:47 PM
I emailed the ticket office about this a couple of weeks ago as my brother and wife share a season ticket and have done for several years. They said they have never been transferable but in reality as long as they where in the same age catagory it would not be a problem.

sheffieldturfite
26-07-2014, 04:19 PM
"Club decides to actually enforce a rule that has been on the books for years, and the people who've been breaking that rule all this time collectively whinge their knickers off, to the point of one person saying he'll pack it all in if he's challenged"

Not whinging at all Enola. They are perfectly within their rights to enforce what they choose to. What I am saying is that now I travel from down south we choose to make it a social day out with family and friends, sometimes people who we rarely catch up with, if that becomes not possible we would simply stop coming because on balance there are cheaper and quicker things to do with our weekends where we can have all our friends around us. The problem of course is that friends buying occasional tickets cannot sit with you in a full stand. Money isn't a problem for me so I buy an extra season ticket to guarantee they can sit with me.

As the above poster says, this is unlikely to be a problem as I believe the club are reasonable, they a