PDA

View Full Version : Ticket Upgrade

cl33
28-07-2014, 06:06 PM
I've had it confirmed from the club that you can't upgrade u10 tickets to adult in the JMU. You can upgrade u18 tickets but not sure about u12, they wasn't very clear on how much it is to upgrade a u18 ticket, they just said it was the upgrade fee + a AŁ5 admin fee.

Slightly disappointing about the u10 tickets as some evening games that seat will now be empty rather than me taking a adult relative with me instead.

AccyCarrot
28-07-2014, 06:12 PM
What reason was given? How much would it cost to upgrade if they allowed it?

cl33
28-07-2014, 06:18 PM
No reason given and they just said upgrade fee plus AŁ5 admin fee, so who knows?

I wouldn't be surprised if they haven't made a decision on the upgrade fee yet.

AccyCarrot
28-07-2014, 06:42 PM
Sounds to me like the staff in the ticket office are nervous about committing themselves. I'd be surprised if they do not allow you to upgrade once the season kicks off. It would be daft not to allow it as they are doing themselves out of revenue which is more ***** now than any time in the past in order to be competitive in the Premier League and to keep in line with financial fair play rules.

ClaretTony2014
28-07-2014, 06:59 PM
Nothing to do with the staff in the ticket office, it's a policy decision from the club.

The JMU is the family stand and is for adults with kids. Some adults have bought season tickets in there with a free kids ticket which they then try and get upgraded for matches, thus getting round the rules for the stand.

cl33
28-07-2014, 07:09 PM
I have 2 kids tickets, the youngest won't be coming on evening games, surely the club can monitor this with the cards? If someone is abusing it surely the system can flag this up.

ClaretTony2014
28-07-2014, 07:14 PM
I think you've got caught up in the fact that some have been abusing the system. I'm not sure what to suggest but the rule has not been created by the ticket office.

spartanclaret
28-07-2014, 07:46 PM
I think the system is flawed as it is a family stand as stated, but families get older so many individuals who have been season ticket holders with kids are now adult paying families as the kids are grown up, so should they have to loose a seat and be separated because they are getting older. Also if you are working away from burnley for a period of time and want to hold onto your seat whilst away surely the upgrade system is a win win for club and fan.

ets
28-07-2014, 07:57 PM
Hopefully, they will get their act together on this. Otherwise more empty bums not on seats :(

ClaretTony2014
28-07-2014, 08:21 PM
To be fair they've got their act together. They are not planning to move people who have had tickets in there for years but there have been issues in that stand. The ticket office are merely carrying out instructions.