PDA

View Full Version : Realistic relegation candidates

NJclaret
29-07-2014, 02:06 PM
Ok so before a ball gets kicked we can only assume from what we see on paper.

From transfers in and out and second season slumps I think the following teams could be fighting for survival this season:

Burnley
C.Palace
Leicester
QPR
Southampton
Sunderland

Next teams that could get drawn in:
Aston Villa
Hull
Swansea
WBA

So if roughly that is correct they become our most important games of the season. Get points off the bottom and pick away what you can get from above.

LoveCurryPies
29-07-2014, 02:14 PM
One game at a time. Every game a possible 3 points. Play with passion & pride!

DiBraidio
29-07-2014, 02:37 PM
As usual the three promoted sides will all be expected to go straight into a relegation dog fight.

I'd be worried if I was a Southampton fan.
If Palace lose Pulis I reckon they'd drop like a stone.

I'd not be surprised to see West Brom, Villa and Swansea struggling again.

Sunderland, Newcastle and West Ham all have the potential to under achieve and I'm sure that their managers will be under pressure if they get a few dodgy results early doors but you'd expect their owners to pull the plug before they are in any danger of going down.

I just hope there are three teams worse than Burnley.

stalbansclaret
29-07-2014, 04:16 PM
I keep thinking of the World Cup and pray that we are USA or Costa Rica (fit, organised, hard-working, committed) and there are 3 others who are Spain, Portugal and Italy

CaspertheClaret
29-07-2014, 04:33 PM
What is a concern is that we play the majority of those clubs away in the first half of the season.

We need to be snatching some away points and pulling out some solid performances against the big boys at home.

If (and I dont think we will) let our heads drop after the first tough half of the season then we could be going into the potentially easier run in with a mountainous biggy hill ting to conquer.

Its going to be tight but I think we will achieve Europa!!!! B)

harrowclaret
29-07-2014, 06:49 PM
Having taken a look at the Burnley team sheet to play Preston tonight (thought by some to be our strongest 11) then I would have to say that we are very realistic relegation candidates without some significant strengthening in key areas. People say that there is still time but the clock is ticking.

Hurley Burnley
29-07-2014, 10:21 PM
Hey guys, this is one of my first posts on here and let me say that I'm really looking forward to seeing how your club fares in the Premier League this season. I'm an Irishman living in Canada and I was cheering for you the last time you were in the Premiership, I was a big Chris McCann fan and it was too bad what happened to him.

Burnley are massive favourites to be relegated; they are the only club that are more likely to be relegated than stay up according to the betting markets, which are very indicative of success. Right now Burnley are priced at 1.66 to go down at betfair, meaning that you would receive 66p back for every one pound bet on them to be relegated.

I have taken a keen interest in your club this summer, familiarizing myself as much as I can with your squad and what players you've added so far. I really hope that you'll be bringing in at least two Premiership quality players, particularly in central midfield and central defense. Unless I'm missing something, it lo

Pidgeon
30-07-2014, 03:13 AM
I think your comments are spot on regarding the areas we need to address. Hopefully the board will support Dyche so he can strengthen these areas.

No idea about wages but there has been talk of a salary cap so I doubt we would be paying anyone much over 20k per week (so probably at the lower end in terms of the PL and possibly much of the championship). I would guess that Trips is one of the biggest earners.

In terms of the OP I would say the relegated teams would come from..

Crystal Palace
Southampton
Burnley
Swansea
Aston Villa
Sunderland
Newcastle
QPR
West Ham

ClaitonClaret
30-07-2014, 04:34 AM
Plus West Brom :D

DiBraidio
01-08-2014, 11:34 AM
Couldn't help but laugh when I read this:

Season prediction

Burnleyís season will be decided by how they fare as a unit. The team spirit and togetherness was a significant reason behind their success last season and the character of the side will need to be even stronger this time around. While tactical awareness and individual moments of glory will play their part, how long Burnley are willing to fight for each other and the club will also be important. If those things happen, Iím confident Burnley can beat the odds. Itís a big if, but if thereís any man who can get those things out of a side, itís Sean Dyche.

BPF Prediction: 20th

bobcloth1
01-08-2014, 11:37 AM
I think it's quite important from our perspective that Hull qualify for the group stages of the Europa League.
Extra games and travelling will take a lot out of that squad.

Toby1
01-08-2014, 11:43 AM
Don't mention the "R" word :)

DiBraidio
01-08-2014, 11:50 AM
I wonder if SD will ban the mention of the R word. This time the target is staying up. I don't suppose you can ban that as easily.

I've gone through the fixtures and I reckon we'll finish with over 45 points. We won't get much out of the top 6 but I reckon we can surprise a lot of the other teams starting with Swansea.