PDA

View Full Version : Late Preston goal sinks Clarets

ClaretTony
29-07-2014, 11:25 PM
Preston v Burnley, match report - see link - view external link (www.clarets-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/late_preston_goal_sinks_clarets_837176/index.shtml)

RhodesyClaret
30-07-2014, 12:21 AM
I think it's right that you point out that some will get hung up on the result. All of our remaining friendlies will be 'testers'...which is good!

For those that do worry, will this or any remaining friendly compare to the heart racing, nail biting start to the Chelsea game, I think not!

It's all part of the Dyche process bubble! :)

wilks_bfc
30-07-2014, 07:00 AM
"Almost 1,900 Burnley fans were in the away end"
"Attendance: 5,457 (including 1,811 Clarets)."

There's rounding up and then there's rounding up :D

notnowbernard
30-07-2014, 07:09 AM
Thanks for the report CT and for letting us know Blackpool have signed Nathan Delfouneso...absolutely nothing to worry about defensively there then!

billyhamilton82
30-07-2014, 07:53 AM
Fair report and PNE showed up well.

Garner was a thorn in our side but I have to say in a league game he would have been given a booking at the very least. Most of the time he was like a petulant child and surprised he didn't get a proper whack from Duffo.

Not a bad run out considering they are 2 weeks ahead of us in their preparations and most of the team played a full 90 and we did look tired in the second half.

On a positive note I thought Juke was exactly what we need, in fact at a glance it looked like Sam Vokes was back as they both have very similar styles and running gaits.

Overall good run out and move on to the next one, and I think SD will be happy not to have a serious injury judging by the PNE tactics.

bleedingClaret
30-07-2014, 07:56 AM
I think the main site put the figure at 1881
Where the rest of the 3500 Preston fans actually were I'd like to know.
I'd put the figure at 2500 best
UTC

gardsPNE
30-07-2014, 08:54 AM
In the TFS, AK and Invincibles stands. That's usually were us Nobbers go.

ClaretTony2014
30-07-2014, 09:42 AM
"Garner was a thorn in our side but I have to say in a league game he would have been given a booking at the very least."

He'd have got a yellow in the very first minute when he led with his arm on Duff.

I don't think I've seen players reacting in friendlies as both Shackell and Duff did and they were remonstrating with the referee at the final whistle.

The away attendance of 1,881 will be the numbers who were in the Shankly and will not include any Burnley fans who might have been in any of the other stands.

burnmark
30-07-2014, 09:58 AM
Garner was a man possessed at times last night. Looked a decent player but lead with arm and elbow too much and clattered both Duff and Shackell numerous times.

charlieinkentucky
30-07-2014, 10:11 AM
for those Preston Fans getting excited about last night, Richmond Kickers had 7600 on against Crystal Palace and they're not even close to MLS.

http://i60.tinypic.com/wgs4sm.jpg