PDA

View Full Version : Something else not working

strayclaret
01-08-2014, 09:49 AM
Living 50 miles away and with no mates in Burnley, the print at home ticket launched yesterday was a fantastic option.
But guess what fellow Clarets it doesn't work and my print out just was my order confirmation. The lad in the ticket office confirmed it wasn't my aged IT skills, but the system so my Celta Viga tickets are being posted out.
Beware, I'd start queuing for Chelsea at 1pm, :(

ClaretTony2014
01-08-2014, 09:54 AM
You have now though hit on two very positives at our football club.

1. The new lads in our ticket office, Josh & Ed, are excellent and very helpful.

2. The online system works well in terms of getting tickets posted out.

strayclaret
01-08-2014, 10:09 AM
I agree, I've never had any problems with tickets being posted, but surely someone should have tested it?

strayclaret
01-08-2014, 10:57 AM
Not sure if this is a result of my phone call, but just under 2 hours since I tried the new system, I've just had an email and attached were my tickets, which I've printed out. Let the "proof be in the pudding" on Tuesday, so I apologise BFC , at least I should have some tickets to fall back on :D

Rileybobs
01-08-2014, 11:12 AM
So you ordered print at home tickets, received an order confirmation (standard) which you mistakenly printed, came on here to have a little dig at the club then received your print at home tickets 5 days before the game and printed them without a problem?

Textbook.

strayclaret
01-08-2014, 11:17 AM
Not at all, the original print was from the tickets on line page, no email confirmation until 2 hours later!

CardyTheClaret
01-08-2014, 11:20 AM
Print at home. How very 1998. How about people in 2014 with mobile devices that aren't compatible with with our ticket website.

Do people really still have printers at home?

I thought this was why the season card was brought out, to get rid of such out-dated systems?

Rileybobs
01-08-2014, 11:29 AM
Apologies then stray.

'Print at home. How very 1998. How about people in 2014 with mobile devices that aren't compatible with with our ticket website.'

Get them delivered or pick them up at the ticket office.

'Do people really still have printers at home?'

Yep, or at the workplace. Have you never printed your flight boarding pass?

'I thought this was why the season card was brought out, to get rid of such out-dated systems?'

What's the season card got to do with a pre-season friendly that's taking place before the electronic card system has been put in place? What about people without a season card who want to buy a ticket?

Den_Perry
01-08-2014, 11:30 AM
Worked fine for me (but for Hellas Verona game). Received an email confirmation approx 5 mins after placing the order & the tickets were attached as a pdf file.

yorksclaret
01-08-2014, 11:42 AM
I agree, I've never had any problems with tickets being posted, but surely someone should have tested it?

Think you just have :D

yorksclaret
01-08-2014, 11:44 AM
Incidentally can the tickets not be loaded onto your teamcard (assuming you have one)?

royboyclaret
01-08-2014, 12:09 PM
"Incidentally can the tickets not be loaded onto your teamcard (assuming you have one)?"

I understand that's the plan for FA Cup and League Cup matches, the tickets will be loaded onto the card at the point of purchase.

Burnley_Lad2006
01-08-2014, 12:24 PM
posted by CardyTheClaret:

'I thought this was why the season card was brought out, to get rid of such out-dated systems?'

-------

Apparently it's because a lot of people aren't purchasing (or can't purchase) tickets for their own seats.

Burnley_Lad2006
01-08-2014, 12:27 PM
posted by Rileybobs:

'What's the season card got to do with a pre-season friendly that's taking place before the electronic card system has been put in place? What about people without a season card who want to buy a ticket?'

-------

The electronic card system is in place.

People who don't have a season card who want to buy a ticket must purchase a card for 1.00, and then add ticket purchases to this card from the Team Card website:

'Non 2014/2015 season ticket holders will also be able to purchase a members teamcard for 1 from the Clarets Store (this 1 will be placed onto your card in the form of points) or the Turf Moor Ticket Office.

COMING SOON: This will not be available from launch. We will announce on www.burnleyfc.com when this is available.'

Burnley_Lad2006
01-08-2014, 12:29 PM
Posted by yorksclaret:

'Incidentally can the tickets not be loaded onto your teamcard (assuming you have one)?'

Only when you purchase a ticket for your own seat apparently... but what happens for non-season ticket holders who may well purchase a different seat for games - I assume this purchase will be added onto their card - so why not for season ticket holders?

yorksclaret
01-08-2014, 01:02 PM
Not sure about that lad. Sure I read that you could purchase a ticket on your card and get an additional ticket (receipt?) with your seat number on so you know where to sit. Guess you don't get just a ticket so you get points on your card.

I assumed the print at home option was for those without a teamcard.

Registered my card today and had a read through the t&c's. Seems like an efficient and much improved system.
Teething problems are inevitable though.

royboyclaret
01-08-2014, 01:13 PM
"Teething problems are inevitable though."

Seemed a sensible idea by Hoos, although the same was mooted on here some time earlier, that the Verona game would be an ideal opportunity for a trial run for card entry.

All seems quiet on that one now.

CardyTheClaret
01-08-2014, 01:50 PM
Rileybobs...

"Get them delivered or pick them up at the ticket office."

Obviously, hardly convenient though, is it, besides, I can't order them on any of my devices.

"Yep, or at the workplace. Have you never printed your flight boarding pass?"

Yes, I have for my hundreds of pounds worth of holidays. I forward the email to my works email address, then it print them out. Worth the hassle for a holiday, not for a bit of pre season friendly.

"What's the season card got to do with a pre-season friendly that's taking place before the electronic card system has been put in place? What about people without a season card who want to buy a ticket?"

It's got EVERYTHING to do with it. The system is clearly in place, otherwise why do the print at home tickets have barcodes on them? The system is in place to make buying tickets easier, I don't see how people without cards are affected at all.

wilks_bfc
01-08-2014, 02:04 PM
"Registered my card today and had a read through the t&c's."

What do you mean by you registered your card yorks?

Burnley_Lad2006
01-08-2014, 02:05 PM
register here: - view external link (www.teamcard.co.uk)

the_quoon
01-08-2014, 02:08 PM
"Worth the hassle for a holiday, not for a bit of pre season friendly."

forwarding an email and printing a ticket is hassle?

you need to lighten up. or get your PA to do it, like i do.

CardyTheClaret
01-08-2014, 02:14 PM
Quoon, my PA has better things to be doing!

No, it not that much of a hassle, but what I'm trying to get at is there's a new system in place to make buying tickets simple, and it's not being used.

wilks_bfc
01-08-2014, 02:47 PM
Apols for being thick but register for what though?

Rileybobs
01-08-2014, 02:51 PM
'No, it not that much of a hassle, but what I'm trying to get at is there's a new system in place to make buying tickets simple, and it's not being used.'

As far as I can tell the system will make it easy for a season ticket holder to purchase a ticket for a League Cup or FA Cup game in their registered seat, although someone may correct me on this.

This is a pre-season friendly game, when you add to this the fact that the electronic scan system has just been installed and isn't yet fully up and running I don't really get your gripe. And opening up an email and printing an attachment at work isn't exactly hassle.

Burnley_Lad2006
01-08-2014, 02:52 PM
'to check how many 'TeamCard points' you have or to make changes to your account', according to the leaflet that came with the card.

wilks_bfc
01-08-2014, 02:56 PM
Thanks BL2006

Although I've recieved my card I've not yet had chance to read the leaflet that came.

I was thinking it needed to be registered/activated prior to use so was thinking it needed to be done prior to the Chelsea game

CardyTheClaret
01-08-2014, 03:06 PM
"This is a pre-season friendly game, when you add to this the fact that the electronic scan system has just been installed and isn't yet fully up and running I don't really get your gripe"

Have another read of your own statement, perhaps twice. Maybe then you will get "my gripe"

CardyTheClaret
01-08-2014, 03:11 PM
"And opening up an email and printing an attachment at work isn't exactly hassle"

Yea, because everybody who goes on Turf Moor has that facility, don't they?

Rileybobs
01-08-2014, 03:26 PM
'Yea, because everybody who goes on Turf Moor has that facility, don't they?'

No, but presumably those who don't have that facility either have legs to walk into the ticket office or alternatively a letter box on their front door. If they don't like to collect their tickets in person, have them posted to them or print them off at home or work then they should probably find a new hobby.

CardyTheClaret
01-08-2014, 03:46 PM
Yes, that's all true, we could use carrier pigeons too, but what I'm getting at is we have implemented a new system that makes buying tickets simple, and have decided not to use it.

LoveCurryPies
01-08-2014, 03:56 PM
I have used EVENTBRITE a few times. Book tickets online and instantly the App in my mobile shows a ticket. Simple!

However, should your mobile battery run flat on the way, you have no digital ticket to show. Brilliant when it works, annoying when it doesn't.

EDIT: sorry, I didn't mean I had booked Clarets online. I've booked for concerts and talks using EVENTBRITE.

CardyTheClaret
01-08-2014, 03:59 PM
"I have used EVENTBRITE a few times. Book tickets online and instantly the App in my mobile shows a ticket. Simple!"

As simple as print at home/work? ;D