PDA

View Full Version : Keighley brew is best in Britain

Pottshimharry
13-08-2014, 11:13 AM
Tim Taylor's Boltmakers...what's it like?

suttonclaret
13-08-2014, 11:32 AM
if you like real ale its well worth a visit.its only a small pub ,if there is 15 of you its busy :)

Walton
13-08-2014, 11:37 AM
Boltmaker is what used to be Best Bitter, until they renamed it after their brewery tap.

It's a really good, straight forward bitter.

It's not the best beer in Britain IMO (can't look past Thornbridge Jaipur or anything from Kernel for that), but it's worth drinking.

claretincraven
13-08-2014, 11:39 AM
The beer. Was formerlyd Timothy Taylors bitter and as you would expect from it's award it is an extremely drinkable traditional dark bitter. It changed it's to Boltmakers about 12 months ago.
The pub. As stated cosy! Traditional style pub near Keighley railway station. Well worth a visit, the beer is always bob on.

CarlesTheClaretPuyol
13-08-2014, 12:03 PM
As something of a real ale fan, in particular goldens/pales, I'm surprised people are describing Boltmakers as a traditional/dark bitter.

I've always consider it more towards the golden/pale end of the spectrum, given it has a subtle fruity taste, but even TT's website describes it as a best bitter.

Either way, it's top notch.

pstotto
13-08-2014, 12:29 PM
It's more of a golden bitter than a dark one. I really rate this bitter ordinarily although the last pint I had of it, was not very good. That's the problem with real ales, the experience is variable.
As said above, it used to be TT Best Bitter, but they ran a competition to change the and it wasd after the pub in Keighley.
I live down south and the all go on about 'Landlord' and nobody believes me that their 'Best Bitter'is better. Perhaps now the will, but not quite because they at my local have tried to get it and they only sell it up North. Now that it's won, maybe they will change their sales strategy.

TuftyBeamish
13-08-2014, 12:33 PM
The Boltmaker pub is a lovely place to while away an hour or two on a cold winter's night. As for the beer itself, it's very drinkable. I prefer Landlord or Golden Best myself.

CarlesTheClaretPuyol
13-08-2014, 04:10 PM
Found the story whilst perusing the news on my lunch.

Not tried number 3, but Oakham Citra was being sold in B&M Bargains not so long ago. A lovely drop.

Golden Best is also good. My current favourite tipple is Copper Dragon's Golden Pippin. - view external link (www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-28769152)