13-08-2014, 01:31 PM
No more tickets available. Big gate receipts for this one possibly a record

CasaDeClaret
13-08-2014, 01:38 PM
Actually there are precisely 17 seats left in block 3
But so close

TuftyBeamish
13-08-2014, 01:42 PM
Excellent news. Should be a good atmosphere.

Rileybobs
13-08-2014, 01:47 PM
Congratulations to the board for implementing a successful ticket pricing structure and policy.

garfunkal
13-08-2014, 01:51 PM
Does anyone know it the capacity has gone up or down due to the alterations ?

topcat69
13-08-2014, 01:52 PM
I know it was sarcastic, but I will save my congratulations for the Sunderland game.

The Bedlington Terrier
13-08-2014, 01:56 PM
I wonder if Chelsea will be able to cope with such crowd pressure? The Turf on a Monday night does not compare to the benevolent Nou Camp on a Champions League Wednesday night. The Rent Boys will no doubt be out of their comfort zone, I wonder if the pansies are getting changed at the Dunkenhalgh again?

smithybridgeclaret
13-08-2014, 02:07 PM
Now 55 seats available in Block 3-don't know where they keep finding them from?

theclaret57
13-08-2014, 02:09 PM
Yeah, bit strange

http://i58.tinypic.com/sq7db4.jpg

claretspice
13-08-2014, 02:09 PM
The home area capacity is less than last season, so there will be less in the home ends for Chelsea than there were against Wigan.

Obviously a good few fewer Burnley supporters than saw us beat United this time 4 years ago, even if that didn't quite sell out.

Still a fine effort mind, I wasn't sure this would be a sell out given that its a TV game in the holidays and the pricing. Just a shame that more won't see it, and the impact of the pricing will obviously be felt more keenly when we're at home to less attractive clubs like Palace- people will cherry pick the most attractive games.

Now all we need to do is get that fella up above chucking rain, hail and perhaps even snow down on Turf Moor on Monday night.

Mike_Baldwin
13-08-2014, 02:17 PM
Have we sold all our season tickets ?

frankinwales
13-08-2014, 02:33 PM
Does this mean my " Guess the gate " at 21,000 is already a loser?

Up the Clarets...

IanMcL
13-08-2014, 02:41 PM
Surely we can sell those last few!

There is nothing worse than going into a sell out ground and finding these pockets of seast which do not seem to be on the seating plan and all left empty!

Happens on every occasion.

Sold out should mean sold out!

Lots al in a row on Block 3. Perhaps not so many needed for the press box that were set aside in the beginning, or something similar. Othewise, some 'group' who could not sell their tickets!!!!!!!! (Unlikely)

rats
13-08-2014, 02:54 PM
It's very random, depends when you log in to view seat selection on what spaces are left if unsure go too ticket office.

g69
13-08-2014, 03:16 PM
Lower James Hargreaves neighbouring new tunnel is left empty for segregation approx 150 seats which I am told will be used by BFC staff ( bizarre)
UTC

the_quoon
13-08-2014, 03:17 PM
is it a sell out or a full house?

rick_wicked2
13-08-2014, 03:22 PM
Got mine this morning. I couldn't buy them online for some reason and it was saying that the only ones available were in the Jimmy Mac. However when I rang up they said they had them in the JH also. If people still want them I'd recommend ringing up or going down to the ticket office.

distortiondave
13-08-2014, 03:24 PM
'is it a sell out or a full house?'

My favouritest ever argument on here.

topcat69
13-08-2014, 03:39 PM
Why are things never straight forward?

BigChaCha
13-08-2014, 04:04 PM
I shall be watching it in Lanzarote B)

1989_claret
13-08-2014, 04:18 PM
Does this mean that the board have been vindicated by the sell out? Got to make hay while the sun shines.

Leyland_Claret
13-08-2014, 04:33 PM
Posted 13 Aug 2014 17:04
re: Chelsea Its A Sell Out
I shall be watching it in Lanzarote

So will I! Gutted about missing it as I fly out Monday morning but C'est La Vie!

Rowls
13-08-2014, 04:34 PM
I'm going to miss it because I can't get the time off work

:blue:

HatfieldClaret
13-08-2014, 05:22 PM
I will be there in spirit.

It's all Arsenal down here. When we beat Spurs in the cup about 15 years ago, with Glen Little coming on to make Burnley look like Brazil in their prime, I got totally plastered down the pub watching the game. Being bought drinks by Gooners all night.

Hopefully they'll hate Chelski as much and save me a small fortune.

UTC !!!

B)

longsidetrumpet
13-08-2014, 05:30 PM
Like rickwicked I got mine in the JH this morning. The website was obviously inaccurate.

bfcjon
13-08-2014, 05:33 PM
And The Walk ons,..Were thinking,.Let"s Walk On..

Now They will have to pay a Hefty Price..?:blue:

bleedingClaret
13-08-2014, 08:43 PM
the seats in the JHU Upper Block 1 that were unsold a couple of days ago disappeared from the Chelsea seating plan and reappeared omn the Season Ticket seating plan. Some of these are showing sold on there, but maybe it's that if you go into the ticket office you can still purchase these seats for the Chelsea Match only but there is a bit of kidology online that suggest you can't get a ticket in JHU Upper unless you buy a Season Ticket.
UTC

stalbansclaret
13-08-2014, 09:09 PM
Surely that means they have been sold for the Chelsea game , whilst still remaining available as STs for the rest of the season. Can't see why the club would post "Sold Out" on it's website if it still had tickets available !
Going to be a cracking atmosphere. Brilliant stuff.

roseylee
13-08-2014, 11:52 PM
first game of the season at home, back in the premier league after a few years, against one of the biggest clubs you could have possibly got, and its a sell out, well i never. ;D

if you cannot get a sell out in those circumstances, its time to call it a draw honestly. ;D

barry_chuckle
14-08-2014, 04:40 AM
Looks to me like the club are playing all the "Kidology/Marketing" cards of "spin" with a little "Smoke and Mirrors" for Chelsea tickets.

Making the ticket site look like tickets have all but gone so folk sat on the fence will hurry up and buy one, only to release some more and so on.

I see tickets at the very back of block 3 have now been released for sale, If I'm not mistaken these are the seats which are/were for the JM executive boxes and usually left empty.

Looks to me like the club are trying every tool possible to fill every single seat in the stadium, rightly so from a revenue perspective, but I reckon this will then be used as justification for the pricing structures we've seen during the summer.

I can see the headlines already "Record Premier League gate set for Chelsea match" in the hope that this will pacify those who have questioned the cost to the fans of the upcoming season.

CariocaClaret
14-08-2014, 07:23 AM
What's the current capacity then? I think it's been a while since it was 22,546, which is what it says on Wikipedia.

yesTHATironingboard
14-08-2014, 07:26 AM
wikipedia actually states the capacity as 22,546, 21,940 and 21,401.

perhaps it's the mean of those three figures.

feej72
14-08-2014, 07:41 AM
Clarets mad has had a great pre-season.

The Chelsea game has gone from been an embarrassment with loads of empty seats, half empty away end to BFC saying it's sold out in an attempt to sell season tickets!

Claretforever
14-08-2014, 07:53 AM
I asked Darren Bentley about it last season and he couldn't tell me the current official capacity either, mainly due to the works. I would have thought they'd have known the stand capacities at the ticket office but they don't have a clue. A lot of clubs state what each stand holds on various websites. It's about time we updated those details.

It hasn't been 22,546 for a few years now, I don't think. I had guessed around 21,800, but the screen when I bought my season ticket said 21,903 in the top left corner. There's been a bit a work this summer: lost 160 seats at the top of the Longside, but gained 60 in the CFS.

Chelsea fans claim they were allocated 3,931 tickets for Monday by the way, not 4,036 that I've seen on here. Not sure if there'll be a gap near the tunnel?

BackpackerClaret
14-08-2014, 08:46 AM
This business with seats being "sold out" and then reappearing, could it b a case of these sites such as Viagogo being made to sell them back to the club?

I know that in the Premier League, some seats are made available at every club via auction/ticket sites such as Viagogo, and maybe this is the reason.

big_ears_longside
14-08-2014, 09:08 AM
So we've done our bit and bought season tickets/Match-day tickets and the club still seem no nearer to making the few more signings we need for our squad which we've had all summer to do. I think it's a joke but I'm sure we will all keep on pumping our money in regardless !

stalbansclaret
14-08-2014, 09:54 AM
Some truly,truly beyond pathetic posts on here now from supposed Burnley fans. People who actually want to bi tch and moan when we have witnessed a season of brilliant football, reached the Premier League (something 71 other clubs would kill for) and are now looking forward to playing one of the top teams in world football in front of a packed house under the Turf Moor lights.
Congratulations you utter buffoons who STILL want to post your ludicrous negativity and conspiracy theories on here. The football world bows to your pompous,self-important bilge.
COME ON BURNLEY !!

claretspice
14-08-2014, 10:05 AM
Care to clarify who you are venting your spleen towards, St Albans?

braindead
14-08-2014, 10:14 AM
Agree 100% Stalbans, it is almost like some Burnley fans take a delight in being negative and have a penchant for criticising the board, the manager, the team, the ticket prices, the ground, the players that have signed, the players that we are interested in etc etc ad infinitum.

Although most people expect us to struggle this year, I still think that there will be some extreme criticism on this messageboard throughout the course of the season as we look for someone to blame for us being in the bottom three - I would imagine the board will get the brunt of it, but potentially the players and/or manager will also get some stick.

It was the same when we went up in 2009, everyone left Wembley expecting us to go straight back down - we did and then the blame game started - the board, Coyle, Laws etc etc all took the blame. I was embarrassed to be a Burnley fan when Laws got booed ONTO the pitch after the last home game against Spurs when he was holding his kids' hands.

lovebeingaclaret
14-08-2014, 10:21 AM
Don't think there is any need for Stalbans to explain anything.
I hope the quality of threads improves once the kindergartens and nurseries go back after the holidays.

stalbansclaret
14-08-2014, 10:22 AM
Posts 36 and 30 for a start spice.

big_ears_longside
14-08-2014, 10:23 AM
I've done my bit by buying my season ticket all I'm hoping for is a couple more additions to the squad. Not too much to ask in the grand scheme of things will all the money we have received is it ?

I'm not moaning at everything and anything I just want our board to pull there fingers out and push some deals through. Do you not want that too ?

braindead
14-08-2014, 10:27 AM
Personally I would love is to have signed all Dyche's targets by now, but not at any price. because we don't have the advantage of wealthy backers prepared to throw money at wages etc we simply HAVE to be prudent and look after our money, and if that means sticking to our guns and haggling over the right price then so be it - I would rather have this scenario than we spunk 10 million on the likes of Ulloa like Leicester have done - a 28 year old with 16 goals last season and no top flight experience whatsoever.

big_ears_longside
14-08-2014, 10:27 AM
Just to clarify for those who might not get it. I'm over the moon we are in the premiership. I just want our club to stop there and splash a bit of our cash on some more player's. Simple really

stalbansclaret
14-08-2014, 10:31 AM
I want us to have the best players possible at the club but I don't think, because I've paid 430 quid for a season ticket, that "I've done my bit" and any failure or difficulty is down to other people notably because the board are incompetent/money-grabbing/content to fail or any of the other lame, half-ar sed suppositions that crop up on threads on here.
I'm also clear-sighted enough to see that we are in a fantastic position in our recent history, that however useless our board apparently are we are not Blackpool, Blackburn, Bolton or Leeds etc etc etc and that we as fans actually have no idea about what is going on behind the scenes to try and get the right players in.
But I'm just a "happy clapper" with a "small town mentality" of course.

lovebeingaclaret
14-08-2014, 10:32 AM
I've paid my money too, which basically gives me access to the games at Turf Moor.
The manager will pick the players he believes will do the best job on the day.
I'm sure he is looking to add to the group but the same that he wouldn't have a clue how to manage my business I do not understand the complexities of the transfer market especially with the financial constraints of Burnley.
So just let him get on with his job and stop moaning.

claretspice
14-08-2014, 10:34 AM
Well I've looked again, and I still can't see any "pompous,self-important bilge".

I can see a chap questioning - not unreasonably - why seats keep going on and off sale, and pondering whether its a marketing ploy (it has been known, not necessarily at Burnley, but elsewhere), and I can see a bloke expressing the view that if the fans have responded by paying what are very much premier league prices for this exciting opening game, he'd like to see the club react by bringing in a couple of targets to make sure that the competitiveness of the team justifies the fans' outlay.

You might not agree with that view - fair dos - but I think to simply slag such views off as 'pompous bilge' is, well, a bit pompous and a bit childish really. Even if you disagree with the blunt way that post 36 is expressed, you've hardly supported your cause by the rant that followed it.

This is a well balanced thread. Some fair observations that some predictions have proved incorrect, and some fair opinions. I'

stalbansclaret
14-08-2014, 10:40 AM
I'm reasonably rational spice, though prone to rant as is my right as a grumpy old man. It's undeniable that over many posts on many threads on this board throughout this summer (glorious weather, World Cup, Premier League season to anticipate)there has been a tone bang in line with the one I've railed against. I'm talking about the cynical, sneering, hostile tone that conveys an impression, rightly or wrongly, that the poster just can't wait for things to go wrong so they can return to let us know they told us so. I see my rant attracted a few likes so I'm not alone in thinking this...although I'd accept that an opinion isn't correct just because volume of people support it.

claretspice
14-08-2014, 10:46 AM
Yeah, you're entitled to a rant. But if you overheard a conversation in a pub on a Saturday night which was taking the line in posts 30 and 36 (for example - there's nothing really wrong with them), and barrelled in accusing them of being pompous, self-righteous and otherwise shouting the odds, you'd quite probably get thumped and you'd not get too much sympathy from anyone else in there. Its a totally unjustified, disproportionate and fairly personal reaction to someone else's view. And it characterises the way in which things have been going recently.

Too much of this debate becomes someone expressing a view, and someone else immediately leaping to decry that view is unduly negative and unduly positive. There has been plenty to get frustrated about this summer, and this board reflects it. There's something to look forward to on Monday, and this board reflects that. There was lots to be positive about in May, and you barely saw a negative word until the retainer came out.

morninbob
14-08-2014, 10:48 AM
not a sell out, a load more seats have been made available in JM lower blocks 3,4 and 6, Don't think JH is sold out either.

Something strange going on here, club has been tweeting for days that there was "limited availability" and to "buy before its too late", looks like they've been holding seats back to give this impression.

stalbansclaret
14-08-2014, 10:51 AM
I was, as I've explained, ranting against an entire "type" of post on here. If a thread publicising a sell-out Turf Moor crowd still becomes one hi-jacked by negativity then there is a problem. If I was in a pub and I said "isn't it great that we've sold the ground out v Chelsea" and I got responses of that type back then I assure you I would respond pretty vigorously (I don't mean violently btw !!!!).

big_ears_longside
14-08-2014, 11:31 AM
My opinion is my opinion and no one ranting at me on a message board will change that. Keep ranting though I find it funny. I don't want us to spend massive amounts I would just like some more decent additions to our squad. Like I said before its not too much to ask from a premier league club or is it...

the_quoon
14-08-2014, 11:33 AM
unless season tickets have sold out, i presume they've still got plenty of seats left to sell.

LancasterClaret
14-08-2014, 11:34 AM
The most bizarre thing about this argument is that no one doubts we need at least two more players, its just the way the club are going about it.

ribblevalleyclaret
14-08-2014, 11:43 AM
It's lucky we didn't have Clarets Mad in 1973 the last time we won automatic promotion to the top division. As far as I can see we had a squad of no more than 15 genuine first teamers and the only reserve striker in the event of Casper or Fletcher getting injured was a 17 year old.As it turned out Frank was out for most of the season and said 17 yr old a certain Mr Ray Hankin played over 30 games. As for right back, Mick Docherty was injured in the first match and a certain Peter Noble played there for the rest of the season having never played there before in his first full season in the top flight. The bookies not surprisingly had us as clear favourites to go down but we ended up 6th having been 2nd for much of the first part of the season!
Things have of course changed but not by that much.Let's all wait until 1 September before getting the knives out.

nil_desperandum
14-08-2014, 12:11 PM
"Things have of course changed but not by that much."
Really? How big were other teams "squads"?
I don't think we even talked about squads in those days, and I think we still had very strong reserve team who played week in week out in the strong Central League.
In those days it was an 11 man game with 1 substitute who tended to be used in the event of injury.
In addition , of course, there was no transfer window. You could sign players right up until deadline day, which was about March.

fatboy47
14-08-2014, 12:46 PM
I've just read posts 30 and 36.

Probably both expressing an opinion that some will agree with and others won't...nothing radical or massively controversial in them, and nothing that hasn't been covered a million times.

Can't see the need for anyone to throw a seven after reading them, really can't.

morninbob
14-08-2014, 02:45 PM
blocks 1 and 9 of JHU now available, seems every time I look there's different seats available.

Morgan
14-08-2014, 02:57 PM
Claretspice in verbosity shocker. :D

Corky
14-08-2014, 03:09 PM
As Clarets Mad is now providing a critique service I would like to weigh in with Post 33 was a bit strange because surely that is what a club should do, like, in it?

DiBranchio
14-08-2014, 06:30 PM
'its time to call it a draw honestly.'

Yes, I'd be happy with a point under the circumstances. ;D

IanMcL
14-08-2014, 09:45 PM
Available online in Longside Upper Blocks 1 and 9 and Jimmy Mac 3 Lower

Akinbadbye_20
14-08-2014, 11:07 PM
Could it be an attempt to sell seats in all areas rather than leaving big blocks of less popular areas (jimmy mac lower) empty?

claretchrish
15-08-2014, 12:06 AM
We've managed to sell a lot of tickets in response to playing against one of the most popular teams on the planet.

Well done to everyone involved in this remarkable and unexpected feat.

IanMcL
15-08-2014, 10:56 AM
Agreed. despite Chelsea being one of the world's huge teams, we cannot sell all our tickets in a flash! First game back as well. Poor really and a reflection on the club's rip off of fans rather than the fans, on this occasion.

Tickets:
Available online in Longside Upper Blocks 1 and 9 and Jimmy Mac 3 Lower

theclaret57
15-08-2014, 11:21 AM
The crowd against Chelsea was 21,131 in 2010 so that will be the benchmark of ticket sales.

nil_desperandum
15-08-2014, 11:36 AM
"The crowd against Chelsea was 21,131 in 2010 so that will be the benchmark of ticket sales"
A reasonable theory, but not actually comparing like with like, since there were only about 2,500 tickets available to Chelsea supporters in the CFS and correspondingly a lot more tickets sold to Burnley supporters. Assuming we sell every ticket there will still be well over a thousand less home fans attending the game.

lakester
15-08-2014, 11:40 AM
But lads - we got promoted to the Premier League. Stop this pathetic moaning and crack on with offering some support and thanks for a magnificent achievement. Summer's almost over, we have a job to do. So what if there are empty seats and a few fans not able to get hold of the latest shirt?

Of course, I know you lot well. You won't stop moaning and within weeks you'll have turned on Tom Heaton, Danny Ings or whoever and whatever else you fancy.

Fans? Pah!

LancasterClaret
15-08-2014, 11:44 AM
If only there was an expression to give proper kudos to Lakester for that post.

lovebeingaclaret
15-08-2014, 11:49 AM
Morningbob. .. is there a reason why you keep looking at the website for available seats?

BrummyClaret
15-08-2014, 12:19 PM
Perhaps the reason for wanting to sell the Jimmy Mac lower before JH is this stand is on view to the sky cameras thus giving the impression of a sellout.

morninbob
15-08-2014, 12:39 PM
yeah just wanted to know how sales were going, is that a crime ?

CasaDeClaret
15-08-2014, 01:41 PM
The club's just tweeted that there are less than 100 tickets available now.
We can rest easy

sykerjoe
15-08-2014, 01:54 PM
loads of seats in my local pub in hampshire -should imagine i,ll be the only claret watching with a load of cockernees -if we beat them i would love it -just love it keeganesque B)