PDA

View Full Version : Brook Vs Porter

markyboy12345
15-08-2014, 11:04 AM
Tomorrow night im delighted to finally see Kell Brook fight for a world title.

Theres no question that Kell has all the tools in the bag to win but will he be able to step up now when it matters? How do you all see this going?

TuftyBeamish
15-08-2014, 11:11 AM
http://i57.tinypic.com/2e2qafa.jpg

http://i59.tinypic.com/2jd0ys2.jpg

You decide.

SethHowarthsHair
15-08-2014, 11:19 AM
I'd love Brook to win that IBF title but, I'm worried about tomorrow. I have yet to be convinced Brook is at the same level as Pacman, Mayweather, Alverez, and Kahn for that matter. I just don't see him as a world class fighter, and at 28, after 32 pro fights, there is only really Senchenko that is world level. I really hope he proves me wrong.

BURNLEY2014
15-08-2014, 11:23 AM
Is Shawn Porter really world class?

claretsintheprem
15-08-2014, 11:23 AM
i think porter might stop him in the later rounds. but if brook sticks his game plan and doesn't get involved in a tear up then he might beat him on points, although it would have to be a convincing win over there. i like brook but some of his last fights he's shown he can be hit and hurt, and porter is tough, relentless and can bang.

should be a good scrap and I hope a belt is coming back to these shores

markyboy12345
15-08-2014, 11:43 AM
I think if Porter is going to stop Brook it will be in the first half of the fight as he stiffens up badly in the later stages.

Im not convinced Porter is all that good, sure he has good head movement coming forward and can punch but iv never seen him look good apart from against Mallinaggi where he just walked through him.

For me its all about if Kell turns up or not, if he's on his game he will time Porter and cause him trouble with his power. If Porter smothers and spoils the fight which i fully expect then Kell needs to hurt and discourage Porter then let his boxing take over. If it goes the distance i suspect Porter will win due to the fact its in the US

evensteadiereddie
15-08-2014, 11:49 AM
I would watching that !

WillBlake
15-08-2014, 11:52 AM
it's difficult to judge just how good fighters are a lot of the time, due to the complete mismatches they tend to have - danny garcia's fight last week for example.
i'd love kell brook to win this and have the grudge match with amir khan.
think it will be exciting anyway. i normally record US fights to watch the next day but fancy staying up for this one - think deontay wilder is on the card too, lot of hype with him but again, no reals on his list.

socrates
15-08-2014, 12:21 PM
Porter is a drugs cheat - absolutely no doubt in my mind.

Brook should have fought for a world title years ago. Lots of question marks about his commitment to the sport.

Porter to stop him.

stalbansclaret
15-08-2014, 12:46 PM
If Kell Brook wins then I predict the next challenge will come from Lane Shawbridge.

damodamo
15-08-2014, 12:57 PM
" Porter is a drugs cheat - absolutely no doubt in
my mind."

really? is there any evidence of this other than malagnagi's outburst?

socrates
15-08-2014, 02:20 PM
Nobody has run over Paulie like that. Cotto, Hatton, Broner, Diaz - they can all dig.

I've seen Porter fight live on a Friday night card in Vegas two years ago and he couldn't get an old Julio Diaz out of there. Then suddenly overnight he develops this power? Nah, not for me.

The other thing is Brook's team kicked off about testing for this fight and Porter wouldn't have it initially. A compromise was reached but Porter pretty much admitted this week he'd not been properly tested.

I had the fortune to speak to Paulie in Vegas prior to Floyd v Maidana. He was a lot more candid off screen too.

Personally think it's rife in boxing. The testing is substandard and yet they still catch loads out.

markyboy12345
15-08-2014, 02:57 PM
The only time iv seen Porter look good was against Malignaggi he just walked through and bulldozed him.

There's certainly no smoke without fire with regards to the doping allegations in my mind aswell.

However i still think Brook has the tools to do the job if he's on his game, stay out of range and time him he will give Porter problems.

Porter cuts up quite bad aswell.

Its certainly a tough fight but Porter from what iv seen is far from unbeatable, the uppercut might be the punch to do it.

Did Porter not duck Thurman?

claretsintheprem
15-08-2014, 03:52 PM
quite a lot have ducked keith thurman.

IanMcL
15-08-2014, 06:59 PM
Can't see Brook standing up for 12 rounds.

sausages
15-08-2014, 07:24 PM
I don't know anything about boxing but I've been to Kelbrook many times.

stalbansclaret
15-08-2014, 09:15 PM
A whoosh for my post 10 then sausages ?

WillBlake
17-08-2014, 01:10 PM
well done to kell brook. very exciting fight, could have gone either way. delighted for him.

socrates
17-08-2014, 01:34 PM
Fair play to Brook, I called that one bang wrong.

Showed more than I thought he had. I had him up by a couple.

IanMcL
17-08-2014, 03:14 PM
Excellent performance. I thought there was no way he would get a verdict in such a close fight. Well done the yanks!

BURNLEY2014
17-08-2014, 03:21 PM
Porter made it a very poor fight that for me is why brook got the decision in the end as he were the cleaner fighter and landing more telling punches.

The best line of the night was from Amir "king" Khan, "Kel has now earned the right to share a ring with me".

What planet is he on the man has had a very pampered career and anyone with half a decent blow has beaten him.

PvtJoker
17-08-2014, 03:25 PM
Can't stand Amir Khan but he is a good boxer regardless. Glass jaw though

sebastian
17-08-2014, 03:43 PM
I had it 117-111 for Brook. I've no idea what Jim Watt was watching!

markyboy12345
17-08-2014, 05:19 PM
I had it a draw, thought Porter dominated the first 4 rounds with his sheer aggression. However the longer the fight wore on there was only 1 man looking the stronger and that was brook.

Delighted for Kell hopefully we can see him put in with someone who wants to box and not just bullrush.

socrates
17-08-2014, 05:56 PM
I'm not being patronising marky, but watch it again with the sound off.

End of the second Porter stumbles back to his corner after Brook nails him. Porter just dives in with wide hooks, landing nothing and sticking the head in. The ring generalmanship came from Brook.

markyboy12345
17-08-2014, 09:02 PM
Iv watched it again and did get a complete different perception.,when I watched it live I gave the first half to porter and second half to brook but analysing it further porter really doesn't get much to stick at all senchenko hurt brook more than Porter ever did.

To be fair a lot of the rounds could have been given either way but no doubt brook finished well on top, I dare say if he established himself earlier he could have got porter out of there. Porter didn't know where he was between some rounds.

notnowbernard
18-08-2014, 07:41 AM
First time I've really seen Porter, looked like Brook was boxing a windmill. TV commentary was all over the place, what did it for me was Porter looked beaten up and Brook looked ok (even the headbut cut didn't really reopen). Didn't see the 117 to 111 coming though thought Brook had edged it by a couple but was expecting the US judges would favour their own, so fair play to them. The Brit who scored it a draw must have been listening to the tv :(