PDA

View Full Version : These Pundits and their Punditry .

davemanu2000
15-08-2014, 02:05 PM
Burnley are the new boys of the EPL .With their past glorious history ,the club ought to receive all encouragements to cope with the new season . Not one ounce of such excellent element emanated from any where except from our own fans and the local press .

Contrary winds are blowing to drift us apart from other corners in order that we do not reach our destination .Some have already ranked us and awarded us with a doom certificate with the assurance that we would be gloomed from the very outset . Most unreasonably the harbingers ARE NO OTHERS THAN THE pundits who ,surely might have used their chrystal balls , to ventilate such bad omens .

We know pertinently well that all stakeholders pertaining to Clarets are armed with nerves of pure steel . None have been deterred so far . The fans will play an important role .They know how to carry the club to a high pedestal and reach the pinnacle of fame .Only to make one important point . No pundit ever predicted that Burnley would achiev

Chuckypad
15-08-2014, 02:10 PM
:star: :star: :star:

permafrost
15-08-2014, 02:14 PM
'Bespatted with the mud of bad illusion'

Fabulous.
Album title for someone.

Davemanu, we love ya.

permafrost
15-08-2014, 02:15 PM
reminds me of 'crumbling the antiseptic beauty' by Felt.

Hozz
15-08-2014, 02:20 PM
'Awarded with a doom certificate'

I think there should be a few on here, Davemanu, that should get those for their negativity. Thank heavens we have you posting oodles of positives.

Bless you.

Hozz
15-08-2014, 02:22 PM
Hope that wasn't a Freudian slip thought Davemanu.

You spelt Sean's surname as Dyre (dire).

davemanu2000
15-08-2014, 02:37 PM
The word "pundit" is a hindi word meaning "priest "
sorry to have wrongly written the of our firebrand manager .it should be Sean Dyche .i presume .

RogerBest
15-08-2014, 03:07 PM
Well said Dave.

There will not be a team in the league who work harder than us this season. We are going to ruffle a lot of feathers and get a lot of results starting with Chelsea on Monday.

Up the Clarets.

neild100
15-08-2014, 03:10 PM
Dear Davemanu2000 - sorry to question you on your Hindi - but I believe that Pundit comes from the Sanskrit "pandit" meaning knowledgeable or learned.

Other than that - entirely agree!

evensteadiereddie
15-08-2014, 03:31 PM
Yet again pure genius from dave.
You can't help but be inspired.
Some fabulous turns of phrase.

"Contrary winds are blowing to drift us apart from other corners in order that we do not reach our destination..."

We'll reach it all right, don't you worry about that :D

davemanu2000
15-08-2014, 04:10 PM
You are right . The origin of the word hindi could have been derived from Sanskrit .As a Hindu we say our prayers in Sanskrit .It is difficult language and difficult to understand .I am said that it is the mother of all languages .I wonder how far it is true .
Mauritians of Asian origin prefer by large to speak and write in English where as those of African origin prefer French .

davemanu2000
15-08-2014, 04:12 PM
I am referring to the word pandit not Hindi . Please rectify .Thanks .

davemanu2000
15-08-2014, 04:56 PM
Kama Sutra was written 3000 years ago .Originally it was written in Sanskrit and later translated to many foreign languages .Another id. titled Perfumes of
Arabia written in Arabic may be ages old .
Many consider them as masterpieces in matters relating to sex .

Iam very much interested to read History books and those related to Ancient Civilization .related to Indus Civilization ,Maya civilization ,Indus Civilization ,and Egyptian civization and others ..

Notrigsbyscat
15-08-2014, 05:18 PM
I fear Davemanu2000 has subscribed to an online writing course from ablueclaret

evensteadiereddie
15-08-2014, 05:50 PM
Perhaps dave hasn't reached Chapter 2 "How to Write Utter Tripe" yet - ablueclaret nailed that one - let's hope he never does. :D