PDA

View Full Version : Carrot Dangling

longside4evr
15-08-2014, 05:19 PM
Its getting a bit thin now just wish the club would say nowt until a players signed sealed and delivered its like Jim Bowen look what you could of signed take it away its like the speed boat from Tamworth that's gone to Bolton for 10k ;D

ClaretTony2014
15-08-2014, 05:29 PM
That's exactly what they have done - said nowt. John B even said recently it would be much better if we could do all our dealings without anything getting into the public domain. That's impossible these days.

longside4evr
15-08-2014, 05:37 PM
yes it is if we offered reasonable bids that hit the nail on the head in premiership valuations instead of leaving ourselves wide open in the first place the deal would be reeled in with out opening a book to be sniffed at and then everybody on sundry knows about it put some red herrings out if all else fails

evensteadiereddie
15-08-2014, 05:45 PM
From what I can gather, we have kept things very quiet - I can't recall Dyche actually referring to any specific target by until after the event.
Most of the speculation/praise/criticism seems to have centred around the media with, as someone said earlier, the club saying nowt - which is as it should be.

g69
15-08-2014, 06:17 PM
Catch 22 Dyche. Is his own worst enemy because of the respect he holds amongst other managers the minute he shows any interest the relevant manager takes a closer look at what they may be overlooking and worry they may have a golden nugget in their midst and jack their fee up. So how do you make an offer when they are aware of our situation knowing we have a thin squad and lots of new money without sounding keen or desperate
It's a sellers market which is frustrating the hell out us when trying to avoid paying through the nose
UTC

longside4evr
15-08-2014, 06:51 PM
I agree with every bit of that g69 thats exactly how I read it to be
UTC NNN

BigChaCha
15-08-2014, 07:04 PM
It going to be impossible to keep incoming transfer activity quiet because of the way we deal with transfer bids.

dsr
15-08-2014, 09:21 PM
longside4eva - they could do that. BFC could approach Watford for Deeney, ask Watford howe much they want, hear the answer 10m, and say "he's yours" and get the cheque book out. Deal done.

The problem comes when we want Lansbury. Forest have heard how Burnley pay whatever is asked, no questions - so they ask for 7m. Burnley pay up. In the meantime, 6m-rated Dawson is waiting, but we find we can't afford him, so have to settle for Ward. For 2.5m.

Paying the first price asked gets expensive over time. We have to haggle.

As for keeping it quiet, do you not think the agents have a role? In most transfers, agents get the most money for their clients by shouting his availability from the rooftops. That way, they can get an auction going - if only between the buying club and his current one, like with Bryson and Lansbury. They don't want it kept quiet.

mybloodisclaret
15-08-2014, 09:25 PM
Also agree with g69 a very pragmatic observation and I believe the reason we are struggling with a few deals lately.
For me we still a couple short but getting very close to a side that will finish 17th OR higher!

He don't play for yo
15-08-2014, 09:48 PM
longside4evr like the signing of Stephen Ward: No news from the club until signed. Or Lukas Jutkiewicz: No news from the club until signed. Or Steven Reid: No news from the club until signed. Or Matt Taylor: etc.

Stop listening to paper talk and give your head a wobble.