PDA

View Full Version : OT Architect

cl33
15-08-2014, 05:42 PM
I'm looking into having an extension, can anyone recommend a good architect?

Everyone seems to be able to recommend a builder or plumber but nobody I know seems to know any good architects worth recommending.

UTC

bf2k
15-08-2014, 05:52 PM
I did know a good architect called Chris Astin. Not sure if he's still practicing or not. He traded under Chris Astin Design Services.

I did my own plans for my kitchen extension and for my mum & dads house. I'm not an architect but I'm a design engineer. I used to create planning drawings for the company I worked for so had all the information to hand.

Quattro
15-08-2014, 06:40 PM
Depending on where you are, it may be worth doing a Google search on "Edmondson Design Services" - he's based in Bacup.

He has recently drawn some for me, and he took care of all of the planning application side of things, right through until the council accepted!

Rileybobs
15-08-2014, 08:11 PM
Hi cl33, I'm an architect working for a company in Leeds. I could help out as a private job, I've done plenty of house extensions from planning applications through to building regs approval. I get back to Rossendale/Burnley often for the football so if you're fairly local to the area it shouldn't be a problem. Feel free to email me at rileybobs@hotmail.com if interested.

claretblue
19-08-2014, 06:32 PM
if you've not got sorted cl33 then email: claretsmad@ntlworld.com and request my email address

...would be happy to assist!

Good luck if you've already made progress with others.